Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
No teams are allowed to hold organized team activities outside of the bubble, I believe.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
They maybe just working out on their own accord, which isn't designated as a organized team activity (OTA). I have heard that Zegras and Comtois were playing golf recently in the OC from Crashing the Pond podcast. In an Milano interivew about a month ago, he cited he was working out with Zegras in Conn. with a NYR strength coach during the off-season. Zegras has since moved down to the OC, apparently. Before going back to Conn, Milano also cited training with Manson and Fowler in the OC, organized in a group chat. Milano will be following shortly, according to his interview.

For football, it's similar rules to not hold OTAs. Yet, players on the team would organize themselves to do pitch and catch. QB Tom Brady did this with his new teammates to try to start to develop some chemistry since there was no off-season. As long as it isn't a team sanctioned activity, players can do what they want on their own time.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He lists Lundy and Thrun as as o having NHL potential. Personally I am quite confident they can carve out at the very least 4th line roles with potential for more.
I am quite positive about LaCombe as well. It's fine, they have to prove themselves.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Kind of surprised we're not a bit higher given how much Pronman loves Zegras. I'm also surprised he's as high on Jones as he is as Max doesnt seem like a typical Pronman guy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This whole exception doesn't make sense if it's due to COVID-19. So students can still play hockey outside of college because the college is afraid of COVID-19? Isn't that kinda increasing the possible transmission of the virus introducing a different set of the population outside of the college population? It feels as if the colleges want to keep the monies from the kids so they don't quit college and go find a different avenue to play hockey with the end goal of going to the NHL. Playing will help with their development.

It just doesn't make sense to me to allow this exception if COVID-19 health issues are that important to the college to shut down the sports. I'm glad Thrun will continue to play, but it doesn't make sense when you step back and think about it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This whole exception doesn't make sense if it's due to COVID-19. So students can still play hockey outside of college because the college is afraid of COVID-19? Isn't that kinda increasing the possible transmission of the virus introducing a different set of the population outside of the college population? It feels as if the colleges want to keep the monies from the kids so they don't quit college and go find a different avenue to play hockey with the end goal of going to the NHL. Playing will help with their development.

It just doesn't make sense to me to allow this exception if COVID-19 health issues are that important to the college to shut down the sports. I'm glad Thrun will continue to play, but it doesn't make sense when you step back and think about it.
Liability.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
is it just me or does this move make anyone else doubt thruns intentions of playing for the ducks? By the time he has completed his second year of College Hockey he will only be one year from free agency and Harvard players tend to follow that path.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
is it just me or does this move make anyone else doubt thruns intentions of playing for the ducks? By the time he has completed his second year of College Hockey he will only be one year from free agency and Harvard players tend to follow that path.

I actually thought the same thing. I hope he wants to play for the Ducks and I hope this is simply due to COVID stuff but that thought did creep into my mind,

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Players who attend Harvard are usually very invested in getting their education. He's already on record as saying he would be good going back and getting his degree at a later date if going pro becomes an option.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
There is no reason at this point to think that. The only player that has spurned us was Schultz, and I feel like that is still in the backs of people's minds, even though that rarely happens. It should also help that he is good friends with Zegras.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
What am I missing here? He will be able to go pro after his 3d not 4th year?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Mentions his play without the puck and work ethic as one of the best attributes.
Should be a good player for the Gulls in the upcoming years with a chance to crack the Ducks bottom 6 as well in the future.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Mentions his play without the puck and work ethic as one of the best attributes.
Should be a good player for the Gulls in the upcoming years with a chance to crack the Ducks bottom 6 as well in the future.

I wish players would get more descriptive in their answers like the first one. He basically repeated the question as an answer

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad