Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Interesting read on Drew. Sounds like a late bloomer, will be interesting to follow him for sure.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`m not holding my breath but fairly excited about Kindopp. Seems to be a good overall player. If he keeps working hard, he might see some NHL time.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The numbers are very lacklustre for an overage junior player. He had better be pretty good defensively if he wants to make it to the NHL one day. If we get a good AHL level player out of him we should be happy.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The state of our defense pool after this draft will be looking good again, which will be nice as we had depleted it in recent years. Larsson, Guhle, and Djoos as good young NHL D, with Mahura, Benoit, Thrun, Lacombe, Andersson, and Drew all currently in the pipeline with likely 1 or 2 top 40 draft picks added as well.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The state of our defense pool after this draft will be looking good again, which will be nice as we had depleted it in recent years. Larsson, Guhle, and Djoos as good young NHL D, with Mahura, Benoit, Thrun, Lacombe, and Drew all currently in the pipeline with likely 1 or 2 top 40 draft picks added as well.

It will be deep but doesnt have that guy with top pairing potential.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Thrun definitely does, Lacombe might also depending on his defensive game rounds out, and if we get prospects like Drysdale, Sanderson, Guhle, or Barron, I would say they do as well.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The state of our defense pool after this draft will be looking good again, which will be nice as we had depleted it in recent years. Larsson, Guhle, and Djoos as good young NHL D, with Mahura, Benoit, Thrun, Lacombe, and Drew all currently in the pipeline with likely 1 or 2 top 40 draft picks added as well.

You forgot RHD Axel Andersson, who'll be going to the AHL this coming season.

I think Drysdale has that top pairing potential, but I think we're going to be set with a top-4 for a few years. (Top-3 for probably longer.) It would be cool having a plethora of 2nd pairing defensemen playing as our 3rd pairing.

This past year, both LaCombe and Thrun have looked good. Thrun needs to work on his skating speed. It's only one year into their NCAA careers, so it's too early to say much, but at least the start looks good. But I want Drysdale. I want Drysdale as much as I wanted Drew Doughty until the damned Oil started winning games and ruined selecting 2nd overall to nab Doughty! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! hahhahahah

Dan10900

May 10, 2020
The state of our defense pool after this draft will be looking good again, which will be nice as we had depleted it in recent years. Larsson, Guhle, and Djoos as good young NHL D, with Mahura, Benoit, Thrun, Lacombe, Andersson, and Drew all currently in the pipeline with likely 1 or 2 top 40 draft picks added as well.
Hopefully we can get a guy like Grans or Niemela with Boston's pick or our second

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The fact Zegras has Barzal like upside is exciting. If he can be even 3/4s of the player Barzal is that would be awesome. Obviously they play slightly different games and as Wheeler mentioned Barzal is a significantly better skater.

Reactions: Dmang714

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Zegras, Thrun, and LaCombe all invited to WJC summer camp. It runs from July 24 to August 1, and unlike previous years, Canada, Sweden, and Finland will not be there to play exhibition games, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Hockey Canada released their camp roster but now appear to have deleted it. Tracey wasn't on it.

Edit: Its back up now, still no Tracey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad