Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Do we have any recommended insiders on Twitter in regards to who we are looking at in college, juniors and europe? I wish we got information on who we are interested. I feel like other teams get much more media than us. I only check in on Eric Stephens, Elliot Teaford, and Kyle Shohara.

It would be great to add a top player instead of leftovers. Mackey and O’Connor seem interesting. I think finding a top 4 Dman and top 9 forward would go a long way.

Friday Five: NHL teams turn focus to top NCAA free agents - TSN.ca

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Kindopp 1+1 and janicke scored the only goal in his game. Good to see him back on the board, it's been awhile.

Perbix got hurt from a awkward hit against Notre Dame. Kid definitely needs to get stronger and pretty behind in development as a 4rth round pick.

Lacombe seems to have more upside than Ryan Johnson thus far, and might now be ahead in development.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Do we have any recommended insiders on Twitter in regards to who we are looking at in college, juniors and europe? I wish we got information on who we are interested. I feel like other teams get much more media than us. I only check in on Eric Stephens, Elliot Teaford, and Kyle Shohara.

It would be great to add a top player instead of leftovers. Mackey and O’Connor seem interesting. I think finding a top 4 Dman and top 9 forward would go a long way.

Friday Five: NHL teams turn focus to top NCAA free agents - TSN.ca
Ducks Prospects on twitter might be the best bet.
But IIRC we are at 49 contracts with Zegras situation unknown

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

48, Zegras would make it 49 unless he signs an ATO for this year, which I'd say is doubtful but you never know. Especially if that's the only way he can play in the AHL playoffs, I'm not entirely sure about that.

Speaking of, BU clinched a playoff spot(not that it was ever in doubt, a lot had to go against them for that to fall through) so Zegras lives to be a BU Terrier for at least another weekend. Earliest he reasonably could make his NHL debut is on the 18th against Boston.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

According to CapFriendly, we're 48/50. You can see the Ducks have a lot of UFA's after this season is up. I know one UFA that will not return, Patrick Eaves. We have three UFA defensemen in Irwin, MDZ, and Hakanpaa. With Djoos on board, we have a top-5 (Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Guds, and Djoos). That means we have one starting spot left between the UFAs, Larsson, and Guhle.

Prospects BO Groulx and D Andersson will be going to the AHL as they're 20 years old now. So that's two contracts to be added. We have a plethora of AHL players signed to a Ducks' contract that we will be UFA's or RFA's after this season.

But we can sign players now that won't count against the 50-contract limit. On CapFriendly, you'll see Kindopp, but his contract doesn't start until next season.

Reactions: cheesymc

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

I thought we had a lot of expiring contracts or RFAs like Eaves, or non roster guys likely moving on. We could wait before preseason begins if we wanted to offer a contract to Zegras (he could decommit to BU and turn pro whenever he wants). If we aren’t willing to offer that 50th contract right not for a quality prospect then Kindopp better be worth it.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras will be fun to watch whenever he joins the Gulls or Ducks this season.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I think our bottom pairing next year should be djoos-larsson

Wouldn't mind bringing back mdz if he's willing to rotate in as the 7th

I believe djoos can play the right side as well can't he?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
48, Zegras would make it 49 unless he signs an ATO for this year, which I'd say is doubtful but you never know. Especially if that's the only way he can play in the AHL playoffs, I'm not entirely sure about that.

Speaking of, BU clinched a playoff spot(not that it was ever in doubt, a lot had to go against them for that to fall through) so Zegras lives to be a BU Terrier for at least another weekend. Earliest he reasonably could make his NHL debut is on the 18th against Boston.

I can be patient to wait for him another year. There’s not rush in this current poor situation. It can only help his game if he got stronger and more explosive... and experiencing leadership in college another year. Top centerman like Toews stayed for two years and he was very dominant his freshmen year, so it can never be a bad thing, whereas guys who come too early sometimes get ruined or sidetracked.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I can be patient to wait for him another year. There’s not rush in this current poor situation. It can only help his game if he got stronger and more explosive... and experiencing leadership in college another year. Top centerman like Toews stayed for two years and he was very dominant his freshmen year, so it can never be a bad thing, whereas guys who come too early sometimes get ruined or sidetracked.
If zegras says he wants to play pro next season the ducks will sign him instantly. They are going to do whatever he says I guarantee it.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If zegras says he wants to play pro next season the ducks will sign him instantly. They are going to do whatever he says I guarantee it.

We’ll get to see how he’s improved
since last year at development camp. He’s
going to need to go to Suter’s workout program (or other famous ones- theres seems to be a lot innovative programs now). Hope he’s a rink / gym rat and backs up his confidence. Good thing is that you can teach fitness but you can’t teach his awareness and creativity. Pretty exciting... we haven’t had someone of his caliber for a while.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Toews was in college for two years but only stayed one past his draft year and played in the NHL at 19. And there are plenty of examples of it working and not working for plenty of guys. There are negatives to it, mainly that if you're too good you can just delay your development for pretty marginal gains. I'd argue overcooking did wonders for Perry and probably hurt Getzlaf(although that obviously still worked out quite fine).

I don't think it would be the worst thing if he stayed in college but he also might be ready so it'd be good to get things started now. And I think it's all a moot point because I think the Zegras 11 jerseys have already been made up.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If Dostal would stand 2 or 3 inch higher, he might be the best goalieprospect out there.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

2019 first overall pick Jack Hughes is 5'10 and 170 pounds. He's so lithe that he isn't tearing up the league.

2019 9th overall pick Trevor Zegras is 6'0 and 174 pounds. If Hughes is the more talented player between the two and Hughes is struggling because he's got a slight stature, then Zegras could be enduring the same problems next year if he decides to go pro.

I'd prefer Zegras stay another year in college and have our scouts direct him to gain more muscle weight than to burn through his ELC early just to see him struggle. Our Isac Lundestrom (6'0 and 185 lbs) is still struggling two years into the pro league and he was touted as the most NHL-ready prospect in his draft year due to his defensive game. Anaheim isn't one player away from winning the Cup and I see no reason to rush Zegras. I want a more complete player if he's going to turn pro, not a high-level offensive-pony that will collapse once he gets crushed by professional players at the AHL and NHL levels. We should learn from Jack Hughes and the Devils. We're both non-playoff teams at the moment and projected to be top-5 in drafting this year.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If Dostal would stand 2 or 3 inch higher, he might be the best goalieprospect out there.

If he was 2 or 3 inches taller, then he would have been a first or second round pick and the Ducks would have missed out on his talents. Anyhow, Dostal maybe the best goalie prospect out there right now, but his talents remain obscure for the time being. John Gibson was selected in the 2nd round and the second goalie prospect drafted. Look at how that turned out.

I think Dostal is our #2 prospect after Zegras. And if Dostal continues his rampage this year, then I think he might be our best prospect. Zegras is an offensive dynamo, but Dostal can steal a lot games. You can score a lot and still lose games. If you stop scoring consistently, then you give your team a chance to get points. Case in point, the Ducks' 2002-03 season went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Although Kariya was the offensive dynamo, JS Giguere was the reason they made it there as he won the Conn Smythe despite being on the losing team.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maybe it`s just me but Zegras seems taller, ha. I wonder if he has really grown to 6`1. From the eye test I wouldn`t be surprised. He also is still 18

@duxfan1101 I missed the start what happened? Sounds funny

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Maybe it`s just me but Zegras seems taller, ha. I wonder if he has really grown to 6`1. From the eye test I wouldn`t be surprised. He also is still 18

@duxfan1101 I missed the start what happened? Sounds funny

Apparently a Northeastern player shot a puck at the head of a BU player during warmups

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I got a link to Boston U game if you want to watch

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Boston U goes down, interesting what's gonna happen to Zegras now.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad