Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Again the game left me with the feeling that obviously Zegras is talanted, but it`s not like he`s blowing everyone out of the water there. I`d be in favor of him staying another year in college.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Same, but the Ducks will do whatever he wants.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Maybe it`s just me but Zegras seems taller, ha. I wonder if he has really grown to 6`1. From the eye test I wouldn`t be surprised. He also is still 18

@duxfan1101 I missed the start what happened? Sounds funny
One thing that may make him look taller is that of the members of the BU powerplay (Zegras, Curry, Harper, Farrance, and Cockerill), Zegras is the only one who is 6 feet tall. They list Curry and Farrance as 6'0", but there is no way they are.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It looks like BU (6 seed) will play at UMass-Lowell (3 seed) in the Hockey East quarterfinals next week. The game will likely be either March 13 or March 14.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not sure why you are so adamant that an 18 year old kid is going to tell and an NHL team how to run their business.
Because he's the biggest hope of turning franchise around, and Boston U is going to be complete ass next season

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Because he's the biggest hope of turning franchise around, and Boston U is going to be complete ass next season
And those two reasons are why the Ducks will be forced to take orders from him?

I know he needs to gain weight. I think doing so in the summer and then playing in SD next year might be the best course of action for him. But I know others think he can gain weight in college next year as another option. Given that he's not up against an expiring clock to turn pro or go ufa, I see no reason that the Ducks will just acquiesce to his demands as opposed to explaining to him why they might think otherwise.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I've been watching BU all year... You don't want him developing there next season lol.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I've been watching BU all year... You don't want him developing there next season lol.

Wouldn't that be more of a reason to make him stay an extra year to develop that leadering skill while developing his lithe frame? #1 overall pick last year, Jack Hughes, has a lithe frame and he didn't turn the Devils around this year. He's got half the points that Palmieri has on that team! If Hughes can't turn around the Devils, then why are you so adamant that Zegras can turn around the Ducks? There isn't a time constraint here. There is no need to rush Zegras.

Hughes has 21 points in 59 games with a - 24 rating. Sam Steel has 22 points in 64 games with a -12 rating. Sam is also three years older, but this year he would have qualified for the Calder with Hughes.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Some people are going to be quite disappointed if they think Zegras is a savior. We have no finishers, no onetimers, no cannon from the blueline, and a GM who has just realized the need for shooters.

I’m not sure how this is gonna play out, but I don’t see Z as a one man savior any time soon.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I want him on the gulls all next season not the ducks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Some people are going to be quite disappointed if they think Zegras is a savior. We have no finishers, no onetimers, no cannon from the blueline, and a GM who has just realized the need for shooters.

I’m not sure how this is gonna play out, but I don’t see Z as a one man savior any time soon.
Zegras does seem like a guy thatll make wingers around him better offensively... im indifferent if he will come out or stay a year, i do think he needs to add to his frame.

If he does come out he needs to play with guys that can score a bit.... i think comtois zegras rakell might be best bet

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He’s a very good prospect but he’s not Paul Kariya. Bobby Ryan didn’t play until his d + 3 season, neither did Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf (although Getzlaf would have made it in 04-05 had there not been a lockout).
I think people forget or don't bother to learn how utterly bonkers Kariya's first season at Maine was.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
He’s a very good prospect but he’s not Paul Kariya. Bobby Ryan didn’t play until his d + 3 season, neither did Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf (although Getzlaf would have made it in 04-05 had there not been a lockout).

Boy I wish we had just drafted Paul. What a player he was and unfortunately he can not play now (like Pavel Bure).

Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad