Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm so happy Comtois has finally started scoring. I was petrified there b/c his last junior year was so amazing! It truly puts into perspective about the jump from juniors to the AHL, similarly for AHL to NHL or big ice play to NA ice play. We're seeing the struggles with all of our prospects, all at varying degrees.

Now, as for the next best prospect after Zegras, I'm gonna have to go with Dostal. LoL

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If his faceoff ability translates to the NHL we have something to count on defensive starts.

I hope he turns out into more than Grant.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Which prospects do you think we will part ways with this offseason? (via non-tender or just not signing draft picks)
Not from losing a contract, but I could see Morand being traded in a package during the summer. Zegras and Steel look like the future Top 6 Cs with Lundy and Groulx the bottom 6. Feel like he might be expendable moving forward since there isn't a spot for him now, and he'll probably be passed up the depth chart in the next season or 2.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is a very skilled play, we need this in the system. LaCombe is very toolsy but he's going to take awhile, hopefully Andersson isn't that far away

This is LaCombe's first season in the NCAA. Axel is two years away from his draft date, playing his first year on NA ice with a junior team, and will be making his way to the AHL next season because he's turned 20 years old this hockey season. I think LaCombe will need all four years there to develop his game and his body. Axel is still a couple of seasons away, according to Bob.

With the additions of Djoos and Irwin to the mix of Larsson and Guhle, Axel should remain in the AHL for two seasons without being rushed. If we're healthy on the blue line, then we have a bottom pair to split between Del Zotto, Irwin, Djoos, Larsson, and Guhle. Axel is the only top end RHD we have in our system. Persson is a RHD we recently acquired, but he's offense with little defense (according to reports).

LaCombe and Thrun are both LHD as well as drafted in the same year along with going the NCAA route. Thrun has me giddy as his defensive aggressiveness to hit reminds me of Manson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad