Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Univ of Minny propsects
D LaCombe added an assist tonight (4 games = 0 g, 3 a)
F McLaughlin added an assist tonight (4 games = 1 g, 2 a)
F Perbix had 0 points tonight (4 games = 0g, 0a)

Univ of ND propsects
F Janicke had 0 points tonight (3 games = 0 g, 0 a)

Moose Jaw (WHL)
F Tracey added an assist tonight ( 6 games = 1g, 7a... tied for 4th in team scoring; MJ has played a total of 12 games)

Since Tracey's return to the Warriors, they've been on a 0-5-1 losing streak! The Warriors were 5-1-0 before Tracey joined the team. Wowzers!

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Has something funky been going on with stats in the USHL? Will Francis is now showing up with 3 points in 7 games instead of 5 points in 5, and furthermore, the game today that Cedar Rapids played against Madison was won 8-3, except only one of the 11 goals on either side actually registered anyone as having gotten any assists. The other 10 goals were all unassisted.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Got to watch Groulx play last night and he was awesome. His playmaking has really stepped up. I always questioned his vision but it's actually pretty decent. He made a beautiful pass from behind the net through traffic to set up Cam Whynot for his first Q goal.

Reactions: anezthes and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Got to watch Groulx play last night and he was awesome. His playmaking has really stepped up. I always questioned his vision but it's actually pretty decent. He made a beautiful pass from behind the net through traffic to set up Cam Whynot for his first Q goal.
Man I hope we draft Cam whynot….

Ill get his jersey 100%
Why not?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I think Dostal is on a tear in Finland. He started bad but he is stacking up the W's with good numbers lately

Edit: here it is

The whole Ilves team was bad at the start of the season. Like @JabbaJabba posted, the coaching change has completely changed the course of that team, they've gone from the very bottom back to the middle of the pack, they're almost at a playoff position in the current standings.

Speaking of Liiga news, former 2nd rounder Julius Nättinen has emerged as a legitimate top scorer in Liiga. He has 13 goals and 18 points in 15 games after moving from C to RW full time. He currently leads Liiga in goal scoring and is only 2 points away from being tied for the points lead as well. He added 5 goals to his totals in 3 games this week, videos here, here and here.

I must remind that there was an ELC termination between Anaheim and Nättinen, making it unlikely that the Ducks still hold his rights. Just saying that if he keeps this up, he's definitely getting some attention from the NHL.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The whole Ilves team was bad at the start of the season. Like @JabbaJabba posted, the coaching change has completely changed the course of that team, they've gone from the very bottom back to the middle of the pack, they're almost at a playoff position in the current standings.

Speaking of Liiga news, former 2nd rounder Julius Nättinen has emerged as a legitimate top scorer in Liiga. He has 13 goals and 18 points in 15 games after moving from C to RW full time. He currently leads Liiga in goal scoring and is only 2 points away from being tied for the points lead as well. He added 5 goals to his totals in 3 games this week, videos here, here and here.

I must remind that there was an ELC termination between Anaheim and Nättinen, making it unlikely that the Ducks still hold his rights. Just saying that if he keeps this up, he's definitely getting some attention from the NHL.
I was surprised nattinen didn't show much w/ us (on san diego)….I always thought he had a ton of potential

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I was surprised nattinen didn't show much w/ us (on san diego)….I always thought he had a ton of potential

From what little I've seen, the majority of Nättinen's goals come from within the slot area. He seems to have a good sense of where the play is going and where he needs to be in order to score. Looking at some of the videos, it's incredible how the defenders seem to just lose him at times, it's baffling how a guy can be that wide open. Couple that with a quick, accurate shot -- no wonder why he's been showing up on the score sheet.

Remains to be seen if he can keep it up -- the stats may be against him, for he's shooting 24.5% right now. Regardless, for a guy who was drafted as a 2-way center, this definitely is an unexpected turn...

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
One of our scouts was at the halifax/moncton game as well. I kind of wanted to go up and talk with him but he didnt look like the type that would want that lol. Could be keeping track of Groulx or getting a good look in on Justin Barron for the upcoming draft.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

On Nattinen's junior team, his play would tend to shrink in play despite having high potential talent. He just fizzed out on NA ice. He was one of the forwards that the Ducks were hoping to cash in with to help their core.

I'm happy that he's found a medium he can be successful in, but I doubt he wants to return to NA ice.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
One of our scouts was at the halifax/moncton game as well. I kind of wanted to go up and talk with him but he didnt look like the type that would want that lol. Could be keeping track of Groulx or getting a good look in on Justin Barron for the upcoming draft.
Id love to snag barron

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Here are his 3 goals:

His teammate that set up 2 of those goals (Ryder Korczak) has 18 points in 13 games and isn't even eligible to be drafted until 2021 (he missed the age cutoff for the 2020 draft by 8 days).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We got ourselves a finisher in the future! He's slowly heating up now.

In 7 games, Tracey has 4g + 8a = 12 points. He has 2 PPG and 2 PPA. He's also tied for 2nd in scoring on the team. Tracey is doing this playing six fewer games than the top-5 scorers on his team!

• Scoring rate for 2019: 1.71 (7 games)
  • Scoring rate for 2018: 1.22 (66 games)

I guess Tracey can score without the overagers from last year.

Reactions: Rasp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad