Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I still don't see a big separation, one good call up or showing and everyone's list will change. But if I wanted to cut it finely: Terry, Steel, and Comtois seem to have moved into their own tier for now in terms if upside/expectations. Lundestrom, Jones, and Dostal would be in my next tier as the unexpected risers. Larsson has lost a little shine for me. He looks like he can be decent, but I just haven't seen any flashes offensively or defensively that make me think he'll stand out in any way. He seems average at everything. Doesn't mean he can't still be a good top-4 guy though. Mahura/Guhle are still too raw to say, as are the rest. Any of the older prospects might still make a case for themselves, but are slipping into the 'tweener zone.
I think that Larsson showed some flashes of offense in his last call up. It faded, which may be a Carlyle thing, but I saw a little at the start when he jumped into the play more often. His latest call up it's MIA. It's hard to say what we have there.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I think that Larsson showed some flashes of offense in his last call up. It faded, which may be a Carlyle thing, but I saw a little at the start when he jumped into the play more often. His latest call up it's MIA. It's hard to say what we have there.
That's fair, every evaluation deserves an asterisk until we see them with a new, non-GM, coach.

Reactions: Exit Dose

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Dostal with his first Liiga shutout (only faced 14 shots, but still...)
Four regulation wins, two OT wins and three losses so far in Liiga; 93.17 save% and 1.55 GAA. Big difference as opposed to the other two goalies on the team who are both below 89 save%. Again, small sample size but his play in Liiga and his international play seem very encouraging.

Reactions: duxfan1101

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Disappointing to see that that top NCAA and Euro prospects aren’t signing with the Ducks. The Wings and Leafs seem to be getting the head start. Hope we get at least one good one and not leftovers like Moldenhauer, Amorosa, Forney...

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Don't know why it's that disappointing. Ducks have plenty of depth already. What they need (a star talent), wasn't coming from Europe this time around. There was no Panarin or Radulov coming over this year

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
You can never have enough prospects. It’s like free mid round picks in the draft. We used to be one of the best finding NCAA players, but we lose out to other teams.

We can definitely replace some contracts (Dostie, Siederoff, Redmond, etc.) and take a chance.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You can never have enough prospects. It’s like free mid round picks in the draft. We used to be one of the best finding NCAA players, but we lose out to other teams.

We can definitely replace some contracts (Dostie, Siederoff, Redmond, etc.) and take a chance.

Hardly anybody finds good NCAA prospects nowadays. They don’t exist like they used to.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
There might not be obvious prospects like a Panarin, Dekeyser... but there will be guys who develop into a Tanev, or Marchessault. A bunch of Pionks and Kerfoots won’t make us a championship team, but they will give depth and assets to trade for top players.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
BO Groulx went 1+2 today after going 2+1 yesterday, now has 31+48=79 in 64 games in addition to being a +37. Not bad for a guy that doesn't seem to have a lot of offensive upside, even though I'm aware Halifax is a pretty good team.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Comtois 3+1 tonight in a 4-1 win.

Highlights here.

Comtois' hatty is one thing, but look at Québec's goalie Carmine-Anthony Pagliarulo. Sure, he wasn't flawless in goals 1 and 2, but his incredible saves denied Drummondville of at least 3 or 4 goals in that game. He stopped 32 of 35 and kept his team in the game, also was awarded with the 2nd star.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Speaking of goalies -- Lukas Dostal has now had 10 consecutive Liiga starts, .922 sv% and 1.80 GAA. Team record is 4-2-0-4 in that 10 game span. Curiously, he has also been credited with 2 assists in his brief Liiga career.

Dostal's play boosts Ilves to make the Liiga playoffs as a wild card team. This means they must face SaiPa Lappeenranta in a best-of-three mini series, to determine which squad advances to the Liiga quarterfinals. Ilves has home ice due to being the higher seeded team.

Unsurprisingly, Lukas is listed as the starter in tonight's lineup. The game starts 5 PM local time (4 PM CET, 7 AM PT).

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Speaking of goalies -- Lukas Dostal has now had 10 consecutive Liiga starts, .922 sv% and 1.80 GAA. Team record is 4-2-0-4 in that 10 game span. Curiously, he has also been credited with 2 assists in his brief Liiga career.

Dostal's play boosts Ilves to make the Liiga playoffs as a wild card team. This means they must face SaiPa Lappeenranta in a best-of-three mini series, to determine which squad advances to the Liiga quarterfinals. Ilves has home ice due to being the higher seeded team.

Unsurprisingly, Lukas is listed as the starter in tonight's lineup. The game starts 5 PM local time (4 PM CET, 7 AM PT).
So in his first playoff Liiga game, Dostal allowed two goals, then shut it down; his team won 3-2 in overtime. He made 26 saves on 28 shots.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Final day of the QMJHL season is today, tomorrow is the last day of the WHL/OHL seasons. I will post final stats for our prospects once their games are over.

Reactions: ShadowDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Final day of the QMJHL season is today, tomorrow is the last day of the WHL/OHL seasons. I will post final stats for our prospects once their games are over.
holy smokes, how did the year pass so fast?

But anyways, Mad Max (I guess I like to use nicknames, sorry not sorry) and Groulx have been good surprises this year. One more than the other but that`s no offense to the other.
Olson started off very hot but kind of slowed down. Right now can`t see him having too much more success than Sideroff.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Drummondville beats Sherbrooke 4-2 in their season finale. Comtois finished 2+1 with 6 SOG.
Charlottetown beats Halifax 3-2 in a SO. Groulx had an assist. Drew had a goal. Morand did not play as he has been injured for a week or 2 now.

Final QMJHL stats:
Maxime Comtois (DRU) - 25GP 31G+17A=48Pts +31 Rating, 110 SOG
He finishes tied for 23rd in goals in the QMJHL, while barely playing 1/3 of the season

Hunter Drew (CHA) - 61GP 16G+34A=50Pts +14 Rating, 242 SOG
Drew finished tied for 2nd in goals amongst defensemen (the leader had 17), and he was 8th in total points by defensemen. He also led also defensemen in SOG by about 20, averaging nearly 4 SOG per game.

Antoine Morand (HAL) - 62GP 22G+48A=70Pts +36 Rating, 152 SOG

Benoit-Olivier Groulx (HAL) - 65GP 31G+49A=80Pts +37 Rating, 180 SOG

QMJHL PLAYOFF MATCHUPS:
Eastern Conference
#1 Halifax (Morand, Groulx) v. #8 Quebec
#4 Charlottetown (Drew) v. #5 Cape Breton

Western Conference
#2 Drummondville (Comtois) v. #7 Gatineau

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Obviously he only played 1/3 of the amount of games but those Comtois numbers are almost as good as Steels numbers the year after he was drafted. It’s good he went down and lit it up unlike many who get sent back and have motivational issues after playing in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad