Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Groulx has been fine this year. He's not a dynamic player but plays an important 2 way role for the Moose and his shot is a big part of their powerplay. Needs to work on his first step but the guy works his ass off and I have faith hìs skating will improve.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I was surprised we took Groulx over Hallander, who I thought is a late first rounder, who put up good numbers in Allsvenskan. Two way player with good skating and some size. In the end everything the Ducks usually rate high. I value Groulx but I still think that Hallander would have been the much better pick. On the other hand, Groulx had strong playoffs, something our scouting values a lot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Groulx has been fine this year. He's not a dynamic player but plays an important 2 way role for the Moose and his shot is a big part of their powerplay. Needs to work on his first step but the guy works his ass off and I have faith hìs skating will improve.
Yeah he`s having a better season than anyone expected. He will never be a flashy offensive player but if he can impact the game with his two way game and chip in points every other game, he will be a hell of player (at least have a potential for that).

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Comtois scores the GWG as Drummondville hands Rouyn-Noranda its first loss of 2019. The Huskies had won 25 games in a row.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can we do a top 10 list after the season is over?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Just graduate Terry then ;-) but what if don't draft Turcotte?
I personally think the prospects in the 4-10 range (where we will be drafting) have similar value to Terry at this point. Terry obviously will make a way bigger impact in the immediate future (he already is).

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm really excited to hear who you have at number 1

But seriously it would make more sense to do a list after the draft.
We should do 1 after season and 1 after training camp and preseason, after draft is sketchy because we don't see them in person until prospect camp training camp and preseason

Reactions: Dmang714

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the point of draft rankings is so we have something to do between the draft and training camp
True but it would be nice to see the prospects after a long summer of hopefully working on their game before voting. That's why one after the season and one after all I mentioned might be good

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd be curious to see people's lists right now.

Terry
Steel
Comtois
Lundestrom
Mahura
Jones
Guhle
Larsson
McLaughlin
Perbix
Dostal

I wanted to get Dostal in there so I did a top 11

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Terry
Comtois
Steel
Lundestrom
Mahura
Jones
Guhle
Larsson
Dostal
Roy

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Can we do a top 10 list after the season is over?

Don't we do this top-20 or so list before every season start? That way it also includes the current draft picks. Remember, we have two first round draft picks this year with a high possibility that one of them is a top-10 selection.

I suppose we can do an impromptu top-20, after the regular season list. But can we do a summary of scouting report of all of our prospects before doing the list on that same thread? I don't follow the NCAA kids much even though I read up on them here. And I don't know if our goalie prospects get enough love to be perceived as a top-10 prospect.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
The thing is there's Swedish forwards and defensman around both of their 1st round spots so why speculate, just pick two of:

Philip Broberg, D,
Victor Soderstrom, D
Nils Höglander, F
Albin Grewe, F

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'd be curious to see people's lists right now.

Terry
Steel
Comtois
Lundestrom
Mahura
Jones
Guhle
Larsson
McLaughlin
Perbix
Dostal

I wanted to get Dostal in there so I did a top 11

Switch steel and Terry and Mahura and Larsson and that’s pretty much my list.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I still don't see a big separation, one good call up or showing and everyone's list will change. But if I wanted to cut it finely: Terry, Steel, and Comtois seem to have moved into their own tier for now in terms if upside/expectations. Lundestrom, Jones, and Dostal would be in my next tier as the unexpected risers. Larsson has lost a little shine for me. He looks like he can be decent, but I just haven't seen any flashes offensively or defensively that make me think he'll stand out in any way. He seems average at everything. Doesn't mean he can't still be a good top-4 guy though. Mahura/Guhle are still too raw to say, as are the rest. Any of the older prospects might still make a case for themselves, but are slipping into the 'tweener zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad