Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Dostal with another solid game for Ilves (allowed just two goals on 24 shots, helped them to a 3-2 win, 1st star of the game).
I was a big fan, kinda bummed he never got a real shot in Extraliga. Fingers crossed for you guys regarding him.

Reactions: Opak and alcolol

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Here's an unimportant observation - our top two goalie prospects, Dostal and Eriksson Ek, share the same birthday, Jun 22.

Reactions: dracom

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Dostal with another solid game for Ilves (allowed just two goals on 24 shots, helped them to a 3-2 win, 1st star of the game).
I was a big fan, kinda bummed he never got a real shot in Extraliga. Fingers crossed for you guys regarding him.

3-1 in his first 4 starts (1 OTW), 2.00 GAA and .913 sv%. Sure seems like Ilves is planning on putting the bulk of the responsibility on his shoulders...

Lukas is still getting nothing but adoration from Ilves' fan base.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Woah Lundy finally scores :D

But good to see him racking up some points, after he sit out that game or two with concussion(?) he seems to have improved.

He surely will be an NHL player it seems, just would be great if he would be a scorer too.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Mitch knows his stuff.. just yesterday I was stalking his twitter. As for Comtois, he and Dostal are probably the two prospects I'm most excited about among our 'next wave.' Comtois seems like such a difference maker, whether by means of scoring or hitting. It's not hard to root for him after what he endured following Canada's exit in the WJC.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Not only that, but Lukas was also credited with an assist on Ilves' empty netter. IMO he probably tried to go for the empty net himself, but his shot was blocked by one of KalPa's players.

Video available here.

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Will Dostal be in San Diego next season? Or is that still in the future?
Won't say he isn't ready for it, but no point in rushing him with Gibson on the first year of the extension next season.
Have a really good feeling about Dostal, but we can afford to take it slow and let him develop in Europe for another season.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Brent Gates had himself a 4-point weekend in 2 games vs Arizona State (1 G, 3 A). McLaughlin had 2 points in the first game (1 G, 1 A), went scoreless in the second. Video below:

3/1:
McLaughlin assist (Not seen on video, unfortunately)
McLaughlin goal
Gates assist
Gates goal

3/2:
Gates assist
Gates assist

Our guys have heated up as the season has went on. McLaughlin had 5 points in the first 16 games, he added 14 points in his last 16 games. Gates only scored 2 goals in his first 7 games, he's now PPG (11 goals) in the last 28 games.

Fun fact -- I just discovered that Minnesota is coached by Bob Motzko, the same guy who coached Kalle Kossila in St. Cloud and Troy Terry in the gold medal winning team USA in the 2017 WJC.

Reactions: Masch78

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
McLaughlin is having a good first year. Compared to Jay O'Brien an excellent one. Madden said, late first round talent. Well, it looks like they were right on him.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
A nice write-up from Samuels-Thomas about the development of Steel, Terry and Jones in the AHL this season (The Athletic): Ducks Film Room: Anaheim's future success hinges on...

He talks about how Steel has developed his two-way game as well as toughness and willingness to go in the dirty areas, which he was lacking in the beginning of the season with the Ducks. Projects Steel to find his place in the middle six for the next season. For Terry, he praises his ability to think the game on another level and to create space for himself for a shot or a pass. According to Samuels-Thomas, he is too good for the AHL. Interestingly enough he mentions Terry as a potential 2C for the Ducks for the next season. When asked about it in the comments, he says he definitely has the vision for it, but it will come down to weather he has the strength to go up against the other Western teams' top centers. With all that said, he seems to be most excited about Jones of the three. He praises his work ethic and skating as well as his drive towards the net (which has been evident during his time with the Ducks lately IMO, I absolutely love that about him, he has one direction, and it is towards the net). Says of the three he's the most NHL ready (I agree) and also the most important (!). He says, he has the potential to surpass Ferland, who is described as a similar player. Projects him as a top six player, top 9 the very least (I suppose he's talking about the next season).

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
A nice write-up from Samuels-Thomas about the development of Steel, Terry and Jones in the AHL this season (The Athletic): Ducks Film Room: Anaheim's future success hinges on...

He talks about how Steel has developed his two-way game as well as toughness and willingness to go in the dirty areas, which he was lacking in the beginning of the season with the Ducks. Projects Steel to find his place in the middle six for the next season. For Terry, he praises his ability to think the game on another level and to create space for himself for a shot or a pass. According to Samuels-Thomas, he is too good for the AHL. Interestingly enough he mentions Terry as a potential 2C for the Ducks for the next season. When asked about it in the comments, he says he definitely has the vision for it, but it will come down to weather he has the strength to go up against the other Western teams' top centers. With all that said, he seems to be most excited about Jones of the three. He praises his work ethic and skating as well as his drive towards the net (which has been evident during his time with the Ducks lately IMO, I absolutely love that about him, he has one direction, and it is towards the net). Says of the three he's the most NHL ready (I agree) and also the most important (!). He says, he has the potential to surpass Ferland, who is described as a similar player. Projects him as a top six player, top 9 the very least (I suppose he's talking about the next season).

Ferland would be a fantastic. I'd be very impressed if Jones turns into that. As much as flack as Ferland gets, he's a guy you hate to play against but love on your team. Ferland is like a 20-20 player

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Great writeup.

I've been REALLY impressed with Jones and look forward to what he can do next year.

Oct 18, 2011
Brent Gates had himself a 4-point weekend in 2 games vs Arizona State (1 G, 3 A). McLaughlin had 2 points in the first game (1 G, 1 A), went scoreless in the second. Video below:

3/1:
McLaughlin assist (Not seen on video, unfortunately)
McLaughlin goal
Gates assist
Gates goal

3/2:
Gates assist
Gates assist

Our guys have heated up as the season has went on. McLaughlin had 5 points in the first 16 games, he added 14 points in his last 16 games. Gates only scored 2 goals in his first 7 games, he's now PPG (11 goals) in the last 28 games.

Fun fact -- I just discovered that Minnesota is coached by Bob Motzko, the same guy who coached Kalle Kossila in St. Cloud and Troy Terry in the gold medal winning team USA in the 2017 WJC.
I was pretty excited about the video I saw of McLaughlin after the draft he has top 6 forward potential talent wise

Reactions: Masch78

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

Regina coach John Paddock called Steel “a franchise player” and I wonder how close he will come to this. I think, once he figures it out he can become a #1st line center. The skill is for sure there but it is a long way to go.

Just image, Jones body with Terrys skillset ...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I was pretty excited about the video I saw of McLaughlin after the draft he has top 6 forward potential talent wise

He’s definitely got a decent amount of upside. His numbers for an 18 year old in College are pretty decent too, he’s producing more than Palmieri and Terry did when they were in their first years of College.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Lundeström with his second goal of the season yesterday.
xkBxaBA.gif

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad