Lets play a game.

How many Ducks will be at WJC

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lets play a game.

How many Ducks will be at WJC
Funny thing is Drysdale is eligible but my guess is he will not play. If the Ducks play badly I hope he goes to WJC tho.

But hopefully all of:

Moore
Pastujov
McTavish
Zellweger
Perreault

Not sure if any other is realistic/eligible

Reactions: Swedenheim

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
upload_2021-7-29_7-30-9.jpeg

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Pretty small guy, only 5'8". Also invited to U20 team Canada summer camp according to that article. How many kids get invited? I'm just trying to figure out how surprising that is for an undrafted kid.

51 players total, Tourigny is one of 16 Dmen. It's not often you see twice undrafted guys under consideration for team Canada. It speaks to both where his skill level stands among his peers, and also how questionable his size would be at the next level.

He's not just a bit undersized for a D but legit tiny. Quite mobile but not elite skater, gifted offensively though.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You don't send a player playing top 4 minutes in the NHL to the WJC unless there is a Covid shutdown. That never happens.

I would be shocked if he went

I'm not sure why it's common belief here that him playing against small 16-19 year olds on a larger ice surface is better for his development than playing against big 20-35 year olds. As long as he can handle it, which we all think he can, he should be in the NHL

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Wow... the omission against McTavish's Swiss league performance continues with "having a mostly lost DY (draft year)" schtick.

Brandt Clarke
PlayerLeagueTeamSeasonGames GA PtsPPG
ClarkeSlovakiaNove ZamkyRegular26510150.58
ClarkeWJC-18Canada 72571.00
Total33715220.67
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mason McTavish
McTavishNL-BOltenRegular1392110.85
McTavishNL-BOltenPost42571.75
McTavishWJC-18Canada 756111.57
Total241613291.21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
There's a 9-game difference between Clarke and McTavish, but it's McTavish with a mostly lost draft year. Like I've been saying all along, just a lack of scouting when it comes to McTavish.

No Dostal love as we're ranked 14th for Goalie prospects. Is it his height still? He finished 5th overall in SV % in the AHL last year with 24 games played, with 0.916% save rate. The four goaltenders ahead of him are at least 3 years older than Dostal and it was Dostal's first year in the AHL. heh... Maybe I'm bit biased with it comes to Dostal. Oh, and OEE finished 21st in SV % in the AHL too, with a 0.901% save rate.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That’s really impressive given they haven’t really sold off anyone. Much less so than the Kings have. Feel like the Ducks need one more top forward prospect and then they’ll be set. But that could probably change if McTavish and/or Pasta really explode

I'm hoping Tracey has a mini-explosion onto the scene next year in the AHL. He got a 12-game AHL stint and was sent back to the WHL. Was the leading scorer for his WHL team, who was even far less talented this past year than the previous year.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Wow... the omission against McTavish's Swiss league performance continues with "having a mostly lost DY (draft year)" schtick.

Brandt Clarke
ClarkeSlovakiaNove ZamkyRegular26510150.58
ClarkeWJC-18Canada72571.00
Total33715220.67
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mason McTavish
McTavishNL-BOltenRegular1392110.85
McTavishNL-BOltenPost42571.75
McTavishWJC-18Canada756111.57
Total241613291.21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
There's a 9-game difference between Clarke and McTavish, but it's McTavish with a mostly lost draft year. Like I've been saying all along, just a lack of scouting when it comes to McTavish.
No Dostal love as we're ranked 14th for Goalie prospects. Is it his height still? He finished 5th overall in SV % in the AHL last year with 24 games played, with 0.916% save rate. The four goaltenders ahead of him are at least 3 years older than Dostal and it was Dostal's first year in the AHL. heh... Maybe I'm bit biased with it comes to Dostal. Oh, and OEE finished 21st in SV % in the AHL too, with a 0.901% save rate.
I think when he said mostly lost his draft year, he meant from the standpoint of his analytical model, which probably doesn’t know how to compute and factor in the Swiss B league

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
That’s really impressive given they haven’t really sold off anyone. Much less so than the Kings have. Feel like the Ducks need one more top forward prospect and then they’ll be set. But that could probably change if McTavish and/or Pasta really explode

Just one more top forward away means, we're quite good on track to be good again, aren't we?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think when he said mostly lost his draft year, he meant from the standpoint of his analytical model, which probably doesn’t know how to compute and factor in the Swiss B league

Which re-emphasized my point about scouting, or there lack of. McTavish is penalized because his computer program has the Slovakian league, but not the NL-B factor. Maybe he should contact the guy that tweeted the ratings of all of the hockey league that utilized Bill James' statistical work and exponential rating method. Also, maybe he should state his statistical model doesn't have a way to compute the Swiss league rather than be lazy and pawn his lack of data to McTavish having a mostly lost draft year when McTavish clearly played games in a men's league.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Could you imagine the ranking if we were able to land Peyton Krebs in the 2019 draft? It would have cost us Tracey and LaCombe. Still, I'd be wowowwoowowwoowow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad