AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Pastujov above LaCombe and Thrun? Don’t know about that one quite yet

Like him as a prospect though

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Its mainly ceiling and being 1st round talent with Pastujov and his cannon shot.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Moore starts on the 2nd pairing. I'm guessing USA's locks on defense are Sanderson, Hughes, Kleven, and Faber, so Moore will be fighting for 3 or 4 spots.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sasha line starting against finland 1st line.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
So far... Pasha gives some real Terry vibes the first time we all noticed him at rookie camp. Skating does need improvement but when he gets the puck he dictates pace thus far.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Kinda lost with this description of Perreault. Are you saying he's like Sprong?

Not at all. I just tried to write short descriptions of players and what I thought of them.

Perreault is more versatile than Sprong, but I would categorize him as a sniper as his shot is his best ability. In addition, he has good hands, he can skate and overall has good offensive abilities. Perreault is all-offence type of a player, but I think that lacking in other aspects of the game limits his potential. He's not going to be useful on PK, he's not going to be physically intimidating and while he can make good passes, he's not a playmaker. Therefore, I do see him as more versatile offensive player than Sprong who is all about that shot, but I don't view him as a very versatile player overall.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Not at all. I just tried to write short descriptions of players and what I thought of them.

Perreault is more versatile than Sprong, but I would categorize him as a sniper as his shot is his best ability. In addition, he has good hands, he can skate and overall has good offensive abilities. Perreault is all-offence type of a player, but I think that lacking in other aspects of the game limits his potential. He's not going to be useful on PK, he's not going to be physically intimidating and while he can make good passes, he's not a playmaker. Therefore, I do see him as more versatile offensive player than Sprong who is all about that shot, but I don't view him as a very versatile player overall.

I think he might be sneaky good at playmaking. Draft dynasty identified he's the best at producing primary points in his draft year and that's because he has so many primary assists. That means he does is a lot more involved with playmaking. And then he puts up 14 assists in the AHL, tied for 3rd on the team. Not bad for an 18-year old who looked like a fish out of water.

As for other aspects of his game, that was what was missing in his draft year that caused him to fall. I like that he's actually been doing a lot of 200 ft work in the AHL. I don't think he'll ever be a defensive wiz, but he's been putting in more effort this year than in his last OHL year. I can see why fans can be tentative about Perreault.

I loved and hated the pick of Perreault. ha! A top-10 talent, but used it only on offense due to lack of motor. My brain was screaming Sprong when looking him up because like Sprong, Perreault didn't put much effort into playing defense. heh But this year in the AHL, I liked what I saw as the year went on. He actually was reluctant to shoot in the AHL, though, according to Broadbent of Defend the Nest, a blog about the Gulls.

I hope that Perreault can continue his growth and make the rest of the NHL say that he was a steal in the draft.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish
Dostal
---
Perreault
LaCombe
Thrun
Groulx
Zellweger
Pastujov

And there is a decent depth finally. The prospect voting will be fun

Three consecutive top-9 picks and we started drafting defensemen en masse again. For three draft seasons (2016-2018), we didn't invest much in defensemen. We ditched what we were very good at drafting at to address the lack of talented forwards we had in our system b/c Murray could see the end of the Twins era coming soon.

Drafted Ducks Defensemen
2016: Rd 3, Mahura
2017: none
2018: Rd 7, Drew​

Crazy how much we abandoned drafting defensemen.

Drafted Ducks Defensemen
2011: Rd 3, Welinski; Rd 6, Manson
2012: Rd 1, Lindholm, Rd 4, O'Brien; Rd 5, Cooper; Rd 6, Helgesen; Rd 7, Megna
2013: Rd 1, Theodore; Rd 3, Thompson
2014: Rd 2, Pettersson; Rd 2, Montour; Rd 5, Berkovitz
2015: Rd 1, Larsson; Rd 6, Ruggiero
xxx
2019: Rd 2, Lacombe; Rd 4, Thrun; Rd 6, Francis; Rd 7, Hill
2020: Rd 1, Drysdale; Rd 3, Moore; Rd 4, Nickl
2021: Rd 2, Zellweger; Rd 3, Hinds​

I do like that we were balanced in drafting for this term. We drafted 3 centers, 2 defensemen, 1 RW, 1 LW, and 1 G this time around. Here's what Madden said about our draft:

"You always need a little luck, but I think the day went very well," said Madden, who has been with the Ducks for 13 seasons, previously as Director of Amateur Scouting. "You wanted to come out of this draft with a balanced crop of prospects both in terms of styles and positions, and we reached those objectives."

We'll probably draft a goalie in the first three rounds next year because we're due.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Just re watched the game from today... Sasha reminds me so much of rookie Terry... With falling down and everything. He has better hands than Terry but makes sneaky plays just like him.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Zegras
Drysdale
McTavish
Dostal
---
Perreault
LaCombe
Thrun
Groulx
Zellweger
Pastujov

And there is a decent depth finally. The prospect voting will be fun
Something like this

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
  1. Zegras
  2. Drysdale
  3. McTavish
  4. Perreault
  5. Dostal
  6. LaCombe
  7. Pastujov
  8. Groulx
  9. Zellweger
  10. Thrun

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Just a little U24 depth chart I put together, didnt focus to much on the order, what would you say our biggest needs are for the young core?

Attachments

• 8C728FC3-E76D-430D-8887-62C0EB37689B.jpeg
    8C728FC3-E76D-430D-8887-62C0EB37689B.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 7

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Just a little U24 depth chart I put together, didnt focus to much on the order, what would you say our biggest needs are for the young core?

High end left d, and for the bottom 6 to elevate themselves into good bottom 6 players instead of just young guys playing bottom 6 because they can’t crack a top 6.

Reactions: Swedenheim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad