Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info ‘21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

I always liked Perfetti. I remember him having a elite or nearly elite shot in his draft class to go along his with great playmaking ability.
Interesting is that like McTavish, Perfetti had an incredible goal scoring year as 16 yearold in the OHL that is one of the best of all time.
I still don't get why NJ and Buffalo passed on Perfetti & Rossi.
Perfetti/Rossi would have been a big hit in both the Buffalo and NJ little italy communitys.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Please wait until after camp for our poll this year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I looked at the video of that goal and I don't think McTavish has the 2nd assist, but Cormier #2. It was McTavish #22 who stole a puck from a rushing defenseman on the defensive side along the board and McTavish saw Cormier on the other side of the ice to do a long cross-ice pass. Then it was tic-tac-score with Cormier dishing it to Perfetti skating backwards towards the net and finding Sourdif cutting towards the net as the trailer for the goal. video link While McTavish isn't on the score board officially with this video evidence, he is the reason that scoring chance occurred.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Chris Peters' USA camp report
Anaheim Ducks
Ian Moore, D, USA Blue:
Moore was a pleasant surprise for USA, making solid plays with his mobility and puck skills. Moore finished with two assists in five games, provided good-enough defense and has the leg up on some competition as a rare right-shot defenseman — the U.S. only had five right-shots in camp vs. 11 left-shots. He’ll need to handle decisions under duress better, but the puck-moving element he can bring along with his size won’t hurt.
Sasha Pastujov, RW, USA White: Scoring two goals and adding an assist, Pastujov was a little quieter than he had to be to make Team USA. The pace of the games looked a little too much for him, which is why he probably ended up on the White roster to close out the camp. He has those high-end offensive instincts, but everything happens faster at this level and he wasn’t quite there yet.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Chris Peters' USA camp report

Eh seems unfair to Sasha. I thought he was plenty composed handling/moving the puck. Thought he made the best of his opportunities overall and was usually in the middle of the ice and especially dangerous at the net. He's never going to rush the puck or dangle through the neutrul zone, just doesnt have that kind of speed.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Eh seems unfair to Sasha. I thought he was plenty composed handling/moving the puck. Thought he made the best of his opportunities overall and was usually in the middle of the ice and especially dangerous at the net. He's never going to rush the puck or dangle through the neutrul zone, just doesnt have that kind of speed.
Well there was a reason he fell, but hopefully he can follow that up with a good season in the NCAA.
One thing to remember, he is a fairly early birthday for the draft cutoff. 2 months and he would be eligible only for 2022 draft. He's young and if he finds a way to work out his defencies, watch out. He could be a late 1st round talent.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If it is after camp then people will base rankings about how players looked at a camp and that’s it. Recency bias is pretty bad here.
That would be better than half the people never seeing someone play...ever... and ranking them. Especially with how this past year went.

Reactions: Kalv

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
That would be better than half the people never seeing someone play...ever... and ranking them. Especially with how this past year went.

Will people even be allowed to go see development camp? Will any of it be streamed? I feel like those camps don't really reach a ton of people. It would be nice if the team's social media made a better effort to get video out there for all of us.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Will people even be allowed to go see development camp? Will any of it be streamed? I feel like those camps don't really reach a ton of people. It would be nice if the team's social media made a better effort to get video out there for all of us.
I would hope so, if the Arizona rookie tournament is allowed to have fans I will be there.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Why not have a pre 2021-22 prospect ranking or at least a top-10 since we have a month or so waste. We do have a couple of prospects participating in the WJC summer showcase and many of us have been sharing feedback upon with McTavish 2021, Zellweger 2021, Pastujov 2021, and Moore 2020. So we're not without some info.

And considering that org may do absolutely nothing in the next month and a half, we don't have much content to talk about. hahhahahahha

Reactions: JabbaJabba

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Personally I was going to wait 2 after the first day of UFA to start the prospect poll, or, if we make a major trade where we add prospects/trade some, wait until 2 weeks after that as I don't want us to make a major move to screw the rankings up. If people would prefer it be done later though, that is also fine.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->