Confirmed with Link: Ducks name Dallas Eakins head coach [Press Conference Noon PT]

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Murray does seem to like him

???

"Marty is a tremendous coach and has certainly earned this opportunity in Anaheim," said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. "Marty has been instrumental developing the majority of our young defensemen and we look forward to his contributions to the coaching staff next season."

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
???

"Marty is a tremendous coach and has certainly earned this opportunity in Anaheim," said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. "Marty has been instrumental developing the majority of our young defensemen and we look forward to his contributions to the coaching staff next season."

Well yeah, that seems to fit with that, doesn't it?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I like this, he has earned a new shot as a NHL coach.
Imagine if we picked someone else, and Eakins succeded somewhere else, that would be a disaster
No, Murray made the right call on this one, and if Eakins sucks ass then so be it. Hope he does well

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wanted Nelson or Lambert but can`t overlook Eakins. The potential HC`s were pretty much all good so basically whoever we picked, I`d probably feel:''oh this is nice, but that guy also...''

I`m interested in what the AC`s will be. Hopefully we get good staff to improve special teams and D. Eakins seems fine with F`s.
Have to be noted that Eakins was the HC in SD for Theo and Montour who turned out pretty good so he probably isn`t that bad with developping D`s.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
A roster that last year was the softest in franchise history and looks even worse this season gets a coach known to let his team get cheap shotted and pushed around. Will be an interesting year or 2 if you are a fan of this type of hockey
Seriously? The Gulls were regularly among PIM leaders during Eakins' AHL tenure - I'm curious where you get that this description is "known" about him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

i-c5V883X.jpg

OK, Teaford is now officially, beyond full of himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad