Confirmed with Link: Ducks name Dallas Eakins head coach [Press Conference Noon PT]

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
For all the worrying and speculation(from myself as well) over the length of this search it's kind of funny that it might just have been insiders not understanding how Bob Murray works. Seems like nothing remotely out of the ordinary and the favorite won.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
A roster that last year was the softest in franchise history and looks even worse this season gets a coach known to let his team get cheap shotted and pushed around. Will be an interesting year or 2 if you are a fan of this type of hockey

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
A roster that last year was the softest in franchise history and looks even worse this season gets a coach known to let his team get cheap shotted and pushed around. Will be an interesting year or 2 if you are a fan of this type of hockey
While Getz is captain, I dont give a damn who the coach is.. Getz and Manson wont let players cheap shot our guys.. Lets give him a chance at least.. He had no leadership in EDM.. Wont be the same here..

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
While Getz is captain, I dont give a damn who the coach is.. Getz and Manson wont let players cheap shot our guys.. Lets give him a chance at least.. He had no leadership in EDM.. Wont be the same here..
Both players are getting extremely worn down doing this hopefully Murray gets them some help but I doubt it

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'm here in peace, but I actually love this hire. People will crap on him for name recognition but really, how much talent did Edmonton chew up and spit out in the last decade? Eakins is a modern, forward thinking coach. He is where the game is going. He's the exact opposite of Carlyle which a lot of people want.

I think by Jan people will love this hire.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Of all the things I've seen and heard about Eakins, this sure isn't one of them. I thought you of all people would love him, he routinely dressed enforcers in SD even as the role is dying.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I am excited to see what he can do with an NHL team. It seems to me that the situation for the Ducks is much different then the one he had in EDM. He isn't trying to make drastic changes to the culture of this team. I've heard reference to his "Swarm Defense" but I don't know much about it but I tend to think something that did not work will like be moved on from.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You have absolutely never watched the Gulls, have you? They’re one of the cheapest, hardest hitting teams in the league.

Seriously, I’m embarrassed for you over just how wrong this post is.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Im pumped. He has an excellent relationship with the younger players that are going to have to bring us back to relevance. Not only that but he by all accounts is a truly great person.
Yes, I think those player relationships will do a LOT to improve the culture and attitude in the dressing room, and that will go a long way toward us being competitive again.

Reactions: Hank84

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
If Eakins is successful, the conditioning fundamentals that he instills should still be paying dividends long after he has left the organization and could possibly result in long primes for our young core. I also really like the idea of our team being the more energized team in the third period.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Seems fine. I can't wait until November when half of us will be calling for him to be fired (which would have happened with anyone we chose).

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Gulls seemed to always be ready to answer the bell :help:

Not over excited about Eakins, the Gulls seemed to share the inconsistencies at times that the big club has.....

Worrying about his time with the Oilers seems silly given that every single coach they’ve had hasn’t made a reasonable impact on that franchise

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Works well with and knows the Ducks young future players better than anyone in the org probably. Seems like the logical choice for a refreshed roster

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's a good choice for where the franchise is now...Eakins appears to work with young players very well and this is going to be a very young Ducks team next year. He'll come in knowing a lot of those players and how to bring the best out of them. Complainers will always find something wrong but this was the right choice at the right time.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Are you posting this as a positive or negative? I liked his answers and think it's a good hire. Our guys will always watch each other's back
You see this tossed around and people catch that one sentence in the whole interview. All you need to do really is to catch two more sentences and you get it, but people choose to pick only one of them because it serves their agenda or whatever. Perfect game is no hits. You know why that is? It's because you have the puck. What's wrong there? If you control the puck 100% of the game, you should have about zero hits. Even if you play the most at your face, goons come out and party hockey and they control the puck for 60 minutes, you should have no hits. I can take it as a definition of a perfect game. Now, it would be lunacy to expect that kind of a perfect game and I'm sure Eakins knows this. So what do we get from that interview about him and his ideology? He wants his team to control the puck. Not that he doesn't want his players to throw hits when they are needed or useful.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

I wouldn't read too much into that. Eakins is on tape saying that he messed up big time in Edmonton. He admitted that he tried to do too much too quickly, etc.

Look at his San Diego tenure, for reference. Easily one of the most penalized teams in the league, and for obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad