Ducks have been better than expected Pacific Division Winner and reach WCF

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
damn do leaf fans keep these threads bookmarked? lol i see they bump a lot of threads in the poll section too

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
The feeling is mutual. Anaheim doesn't have the forward depth to match Edm's IMO. Also, Edm blueline is suspect? You do realize Bieska in your top 6 right :laugh: and Vatanen, Lindholm have regressed this season imo
Talbot vs Gibson is a wash
Mclellan can out-coach Carlyle with ease

Lindholm hasn't regressed this season he is dealing with a wrist injury that prohibits him from being very offensive. His defense is absolutely elite still

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
As an outsider I think I'd know better than you as to why other fans don't like your fan base. So yea,yea he is.

So it's bumping threads like this on an internet chat board why people don't like the Leafs. Gotcha.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
So this thread was originally started because Leaf fans had ragged on Randy Carlyle as a poor coach. This thread was premature to show they were first place in the NHL's worst division 5 weeks into the season. The Ducks are now struggling horribly:
So, about those Ducks ...

They have lost 5 of their last 7

Held to 1 or fewer goals in 5 of those games.

This time of year is exactly when the Leafs always had their collapses under Randy Carlyle. His teams fall apart in the second half of the season.

Maybe Leaf fans were right?

Oh give me a break buddy. This thread was made prematurely and it was to prove Leafs fans wrong. It was obnoxious. The OP was jumping the gun and many non Leaf fans called him on it in this very thread (Just read it, you'll see, many Ducks fans hated it. It was originally titled the Ducks are in 1st place. ).

Leaf fans posted stats to show Carlyle is a poor possession coach. That was the main argument. The last post was November of 2016'. Threads much older than that are bumped all the time here. So spare me the "This Is Why People Hate The Leafs" argument.

So you acknowledge that most Ducks fans disagreed with the premise of this thread FOUR MONTHS AGO when it was made but you resurrected it anyway. So what's your goal? To call out and specifically bully the OP?

You know what's far more shameful than a premature thread like this? Bringing up some old thread purely for immaturity and throwing stones. Grow up. This was an embarrassing and childish move. You waited months and months and struck at the absolute perfect, cherry picked time. Way to go. Who could have guessed that a team might go through a rough patch at some point(s) over 82 games.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
So you acknowledge that most Ducks fans disagreed with the premise of this thread FOUR MONTHS AGO when it was made but you resurrected it anyway. So what's your goal? To call out and specifically bully the OP?

You know what's far more shameful than a premature thread like this? Bringing up some old thread purely for immaturity and throwing stones. Grow up.

The same goal that underlies the vast majority of posts by a certain segment of fandom here; it serves to assuage the bottomless pool of insecurity there.

Oct 18, 2011
So this thread was originally started because Leaf fans had ragged on Randy Carlyle as a poor coach. This thread was premature to show they were first place in the NHL's worst division 5 weeks into the season. The Ducks are now struggling horribly:
So, about those Ducks ...

They have lost 5 of their last 7

Held to 1 or fewer goals in 5 of those games.

This time of year is exactly when the Leafs always had their collapses under Randy Carlyle. His teams fall apart in the second half of the season.

Maybe Leaf fans were right?
Teams have ups and downs with that said you won't find many ducks fans that like randy or the present GM

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Ducks are doing better than the leafs. Why is this being bumped? Ducks would be #1 in the Atlantic.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The feeling is mutual. Anaheim doesn't have the forward depth to match Edm's IMO. Also, Edm blueline is suspect? You do realize Bieska in your top 6 right :laugh: and Vatanen, Lindholm have regressed this season imo
Talbot vs Gibson is a wash
Mclellan can out-coach Carlyle with ease

Lindholm hasn't regressed at all, his numbers are just slightly down as he was playing with a wrist injury for most of the year. Edmonton doesn't have anyone on their backend as good as either Lindholm or Fowler.

And Carlyle has outcoached McLellan head to head in the playoffs before.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just imagine how much better this team would be if perry was playing like his usual self

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
When Lindholm and Rakell were still unsigned, I had Anaheim missing the pkayoffs. With them signed, my guess was that they still wouldn't be a surefire playoff team.

So for me, they have performed much better than I anticipated.

Getzlaf has been a machine.

Perry has 30 more points than he should have based on how bad he's been. A tad better lately though.

With Magnus playing injured, I have a hard time seeing them go past the second round in the playoffs, but I hope that they prove me wrong again.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
just imagine how much better this team would be if perry was playing like his usual self

And Rakell going back to his usual self!:) Some player are hot and develop and other slumping or regress. Rakell has certainly stolen some prime time from perry!

Think if Ebele score and Rnh plays like their usual self!::nod:

Anaheim though has been scaring good lately, and i hope we can avoid them in the 1 round playoff.

By the way Oilers clinch with a win against La!

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
When Lindholm and Rakell were still unsigned, I had Anaheim missing the pkayoffs. With them signed, my guess was that they still wouldn't be a surefire playoff team.

So for me, they have performed much better than I anticipated.

Getzlaf has been a machine.

Perry has 30 more points than he should have based on how bad he's been. A tad better lately though.

With Magnus playing injured, I have a hard time seeing them go past the second round in the playoffs, but I hope that they prove me wrong again.

Who s this hidden gem Magnus in the Ducks? is it a nickname or what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad