Ducks have been better than expected Pacific Division Winner and reach WCF

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When Lindholm and Rakell were still unsigned, I had Anaheim missing the pkayoffs. With them signed, my guess was that they still wouldn't be a surefire playoff team.

So for me, they have performed much better than I anticipated.

Getzlaf has been a machine.

Perry has 30 more points than he should have based on how bad he's been. A tad better lately though.

With Magnus playing injured, I have a hard time seeing them go past the second round in the playoffs, but I hope that they prove me wrong again.

Before the year began you said even with Rakell that we had the worst forward group in the NHL. You also said we would miss the playoffs.

Wrong on both accounts...

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
So I wonder what that RC haters think now with the Ducks being better then what they thought they would be :popcorn:

If they don't make it to the Final it's a disappointment. Don't see how there should be any other expectations considering what has happened the last few years and with RC being brought back and GMBM saying he is giving this core another shot.

I don't think they will get that close so yeah I'll be hating RC just as much when it's all over. It was never about the regular season and honestly despite them being first in the division (right now) they have played lots of bad hockey. Not impressed.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If they don't make it to the Final it's a disappointment. Don't see how there should be any other expectations considering what has happened the last few years and with RC being brought back and GMBM saying he is giving this core another shot.

I don't think they will get that close so yeah I'll be hating RC just as much when it's all over. It was never about the regular season and honestly despite them being first in the division (right now) they have played lots of bad hockey. Not impressed.

Not expecting them to make it far. The fact we made the playoffs with things like Lindholm holdout causing him to miss games to start the season to Gibson injured makes things look better for RC. Toronto had so many problems and because he wasn't a miracle worker got hated on so much. RC wasn't nearly as bad a coach as he had been made out to be sure he is stubborn and has his problems. I would be very surprised if we win the division as well.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Ducks downgraded at coach, downgraded at goalie.... and somehow won another division title.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

Are you trying to set unrealistic goals just for the sake of bagging on them? Stanley Cup Final or bust is not a realistic bar to hold Anaheim to. The West is very wide open between most of the teams. Then you have San Jose a tad bit above most and Chicago a clear tier above everyone.

Honestly, you say they'll be a disappointment if they don't make it to the Final but then you go on and say you don't think they will get there. That's a contradiction. Failing to meet your expectations is literally what defines disappointment. If you already don't think they'll get close to the Final, then they can't disappoint you if they don't.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I was actually wondering about this earlier. Has Carlyle actually been good for you guys? He's been labelled as horrible for so long I figured Anaheim would've taken a big dive this season.

Oct 18, 2011
I was actually wondering about this earlier. Has Carlyle actually been good for you guys? He's been labelled as horrible for so long I figured Anaheim would've taken a big dive this season.
his team's in Anaheim that have been good, have usually finished the season strong but there are still issues with his 4th line usage/lineup management and specifically why the **** he not only keeps playing bieksa but puts him out there in high leverage situations

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

He's been okay. Still has his warts.

4th line wasn't getting used much, loves Boll, turtling in the 3rd.

I think both our goalies playing out of their minds saved his skin.

And the Bieksa thing, but BB was susceptible to that too, so I'm not really holding that against him as much.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Congrats to the Ducks. Very good team and well deserved.

I'm sad I don't get a BOA, but I'm also kind of happy Calgary gets to run into their demon.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Congrats ducks. Awesome team to have in our division. Loved our games against them, and most importantly , they are goin to take care of business in the playoffs

bminucci

Nov 7, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
RC has always been a great coach for Anaheim. The season the Ducks let him go was not his fault, but the players had stopped listening to him and its easier to fix that with a coaching change. So they went out and got a player's coach in BB and they started to put it back together. The same players that had a tough time under RC welcomed him back and he has been a great coach again for Anaheim.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Eh they're the favorites in the division so it's pretty much expected, especially after they got the cap space miracle of the year.

Told ya.

Carlyle should be nominated for Coach of the Year.

People don't watch them, but if you do you know they're the best team in the league, no weaknesses.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I feel we floundered until Gibson went in beast mode aster Christmas.
When he went down, I thought we were done, he was that good, but Bernier came in
And was equally amazing.
I am a Carlyle anti fan, and am very pleasantly surprised at the run in the end of the year.
Still not a believer with Randy at the helm, but we will see. Bruce drawing St. Louis will be I tersting to watch too, smce it was obviously our coaching then last few years haha

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Ducks downgraded at coach, downgraded at goalie.... and somehow won another division title.

Gibson 2.22 GAA (4th among G's w/ 40+gp) 92.4sv% (4th among G's w/ 40+gp) 6 shutouts
Andersen 2.67 GAA (18th among G's w/ 40+gp) 91.8sv% (13th among G's w/ 40+gp) 4 shutouts

Please tell me more. At best they're even. And that's being generous. Gibson is younger and cheaper too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad