Ducks have been better than expected Pacific Division Winner and reach WCF

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks are solely in 1st place in the division despite Lindholm and Rakell having missed a lot of games because of holdout to sign and injury as well in Rakell case.

I know its only 18 games so far but still who would have thought it especially with all the talk about RC being such a terrible coach?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
RC is a terrible coach. Ducks are a good team. Eakins can coach them to the playoffs.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ryan Kesler is goat

8 goals 6 assists 14 points in 18 games being a +9 with a 60.7 faceoff win percentage he is very good hasn't regressed yet despite some posters in these forums having said he has.

RC is a terrible coach. Ducks are a good team. Eakins can coach them to the playoffs.

RC isn't a terrible coach he isn't a great coach either he is a underrated one who has been used partly as a scapegoat from Maple Leafs for their faliures. Considering the bad situation he had with Toronto I was surprised the team won as much as they had and do believe some of it had to do with knowing how to get them to win more then they should have.

I doubt Eakins would be able to coach us into the playoffs especially with our weaknesses on the roster.

Oct 18, 2011
the ducks are worse this year, depth is a problem and RC as usual does not play his 4th line and basically handcuffs himself. it's fine now but do we really want getzlaf and kesler playing over 20 minutes a game? come march/april it will catch up...point is the GM and coach need to get on the same page otherwise these guys will run out of gas.

it was funny to watch all the stupid kesler posts this summer tho

the division sucks

it will probably be the ducks/sharks/kings in playoffs in some order and 5 central teams

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Rakell_goal.0.gif

How Swede it is.

Just getting him back added that much more skill to the lineup. It was brutal sometimes.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
have you seen the state of the pacific division?
Once the best, now the worst.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
When you are in the division that pretty much has all the bottom teams in it all you have to do is be above .500 to be in 1st.. The Ducks aren't very good.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
what a crazy reason to start a thread

would people be really surprised if someone stated at the beginning of the season that ANA LA or SJ would lead the pacific division?

stop being a millennial

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
the ducks are worse this year, depth is a problem and RC as usual does not play his 4th line and basically handcuffs himself. it's fine now but do we really want getzlaf and kesler playing over 20 minutes a game? come march/april it will catch up...point is the GM and coach need to get on the same page otherwise these guys will run out of gas.

it was funny to watch all the stupid kesler posts this summer tho

the division sucks

it will probably be the ducks/sharks/kings in playoffs in some order and 5 central teams

Well with our roster no surprise our 4th line doesn't get a lot of ice time. Also look at our ice time for forwards http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ilter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=timeOnIcePerGame Getzlaf getting 19 and a half and Perry under 19 shouldn't get gassed only Kesler at over 21 min :amazed: should.

Bookmarked. See you after another 1st round exit.

If we make the playoffs that will be better then I have heard from a lot of people after we got rid of BB with RC returning.

have you seen the state of the pacific division?
Once the best, now the worst.

Even if it ain't great still heard people trashing us because of RC so us being in 1st well its great to see hopefully it lasts.

Oct 18, 2011
When you are in the division that pretty much has all the bottom teams in it all you have to do is be above .500 to be in 1st.. The Ducks aren't very good.
the whole west is down, anyone who makes the playoffs could win the thing this year, every team has clear flaws

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
what a crazy reason to start a thread

would people be really surprised if someone stated at the beginning of the season that ANA LA or SJ would lead the pacific division?

stop being a millennial

Are millennials the only people who can recognize that Anaheim's bottom-6 is incredibly thin? Are they the only people who understand the importance of Lindholm and especially Rakell given their depth at LW? Are they the only people who didn't have total confidence in Gibson to be able to handle the weight of a full time starter?

That seems like an awful lot of question marks in key areas for a team expected to be at the top nearly a quarter of the way in.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Look at their record compared to the other division leaders :laugh:

Still in 1st place something that I should be shocked about considering everything I have heard along with Lindholm and Rakell having been out of the lineup for a good amount of time this season.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
NOOOO! Why did you do this?

-It's November.
-We haven't even played 20 games.
-The Pacific is the worst division in the league.
-We're the division winners 4 years running so it shouldn't be shocking to see us at the top at some random point in the season. It's especially nothing to brag about after multiple playoff embarrassments.

Thank you for making a thread about a nothing accomplishment and inviting everyone to come in a rain negativity on us.

Cue the 10 game losing streak.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
and your team helps ensure we remain the worst

thank you :thumbu:
and so will yours the way your team is trending. THANK YOU.

my statement was general, why did you think it was an attack on your team? I mean, look at the points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad