GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
No first sentence is BS. First off we don’t agree about what constitutes “outplayed”. Secondly the reason that this proves nothing is this crazy thing called benefit of the doubt which they haven’t earned.
Well we did heavily outplay Detroit, without a doubt. You just missed it because every shot they took went in somehow and we couldn’t finish.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Playing 3 defenseman 23+ minutes...5 forwards nearly 20 minutes.

He's going to run these guys into the ground.
He won’t for that many games. He did what was needed.If we lost tonight , there would be massive pressure to win the next game , everyone stressed out and panicking and could end up being a long losig streak. Try to ensure a win now and try to gain some confidence in the dressing room.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Playing 3 defenseman 23+ minutes...5 forwards nearly 20 minutes.

He's going to run these guys into the ground.

Yep, dude thinks he has 2012 Kovy back there like DeBoer thought

I mean I get this but some of the saves were grade A chances, they still have things to clean up defensively. The second goal he gave up tonight was a ball breaker when it happened. Also can't ignore the opponent tonight, that Ducks team is gonna be a top 3 contender for Bedard.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I legit have no idea clue what the hell Lindy is doing this season. I mean he was mediocre as hell already prior to this but this is next level.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I mean I get this but some of the saves were grade A chances, they still have things to clean up defensively. The second goal he gave up tonight was a ball breaker when it happened. Also can't ignore the opponent tonight, that Ducks team is gonna be a top 3 contender for Bedard.
Every single team gives up grade A chances. I saw a highly superior Penguins team give some grade A chances to the Canadiens just last night. Even the best of them give up those types of chances, it’s just that they usually have a very good goalie so they go unnoticed more often. Our SV% and HDCF% are absolutely garbage.

Ducks didn’t get too many high danger chances tonight, we limited them pretty well and Mac made some key saves, as he should. HDCF were 21-8 for us.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Lindy may or not be the problem but this is a guy who's done f*** all his entire career.

Much lower credibility relative to a Lemaire, Robinson, etc. Being around long enough means little if you never got it done as a player or a coach. Sorry if that bursts your egalitarian bubble but this is a North American pro sports league. Until you win it all, preferably multiple times, I think you're jack shit.

Maybe someone like DeBoer is an exception. And that's still an emphatic maybe.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Got a bit lucky today and was able to meet and greet with Sevs after the win with one of my kids... with a few other fans.

He was definitely in good spirits after the win...
20221018_215424_HDR_(1).jpg

(I kept it only positive but said watch out for those HFboarders.... Kidding. Only positive vibes)

He was nice enough to sign my Nico gear and noticed Nico wasnt on it yet.. Haha.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Im glad the team was able to get their stuff together. Having most of the arena boo em off the 1st was kinda sad.

They dominated that 2nd period and then keep the momentum going with some nice saves and kills.

The refs had some ticktack calls tonight against us. So happy this team turned it around and that Palat and Nico and Mercer got the 1st goal monkeys off their backs early on. We just gotta work on Hughes and Haula now ( and Bratt but he is already tearing it up). Also good to see the fans give them the big roar as the game went along. After the 2nd we cheered them off the ice.

Dougie looks great again. Playing like he did before he got injured last season.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Got to watch the 2nd and 1st half of the 3rd tonight. That was the best I've seen them in a long time (I missed the Detroit game). Other than one minor breakdown in the 2nd, they absolutely dominated. I liked how active the defensemen were in the offensive zone today as well.

Bratt's signature quick turnaround shot through traffic when nobody is expecting (2nd Goal) is always so nice to watch. His IQ is off the charts.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Every single team gives up grade A chances. I saw a highly superior Penguins team give some grade A chances to the Canadiens just last night. Even the best of them give up those types of chances, it’s just that they usually have a very good goalie so they go unnoticed more often. Our SV% and HDCF% are absolutely garbage.

Ducks didn’t get too many high danger chances tonight, we limited them pretty well and Mac made some key saves, as he should. HDCF were 21-8 for us.

Definitely agreed, it's weird how he made some of those saves tonight but then gave up the goals he did.

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad