GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I still think he shouldn't have been brought back, but he's somewhat won me over after his response when asked to being booed. I thought it was a very classy response from him.

If we don't get good goaltending, people will only want Brunette run out of town in short order.

Or anybody that takes over, it could be Boudreau, it could be Rod Brind'Amour after the Canes fire him and we hire him the next day.

I don't really think the Canes are firing him, just using him as an example.

I mean what else was he gonna say? f*** the fans and then get booed even louder? Lol

Reactions: Guttersniped

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Was at the Rock last night, and it was incredible how low we all felt at the end of the first and how well they turned it around. I know, the Ducks were probably pretty tired after a bunch of games in a short amount of time, fine, but the Devils clearly made adjustments after the first and it actually paid dividends, shock of shocks!

Still way too early to say anything for sure, but it'd be nice if that first period was them hitting rock bottom and then using that to get on the road to recovery.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
A desperately needed win, well timed against a tired already struggling ducks team. Next match is gonna be a lot tougher, but hope this gives them confidence. Baby steps!

Tough start, but the team showed resilience and got back into the game. I think MBW was good and didn't think either of those goals were solely on him. I think this board/thread crucified him more for his past performances. That said he has to keep this up, there's a long way to go.

Disappointed Holtz got scratched for nothing. If there's no room for him in the top6, send him to Utica. Benching, healthy scratching or playing limited minutes in a grinder line will only ruin him.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
A desperately needed win, well timed against a tired already struggling ducks team. Next match is gonna be a lot tougher, but hope this gives them confidence. Baby steps!

Tough start, but the team showed resilience and got back into the game. I think MBW was good and didn't think either of those goals were solely on him. I think this board/thread crucified him more for his past performances. That said he has to keep this up, there's a long way to go.

Disappointed Holtz got scratched for nothing. If there's no room for him in the top6, send him to Utica. Benching, healthy scratching or playing limited minutes in a grinder line will only ruin him.
Bingo with regard to Holtz. Him sitting or playing 6-8 mins a night ain't it. Send him to Utica and let Zetterlund come back into the line up.

Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt
Palat-Hischier-Mercer
Wood-Haula-Zetterlund
Tatar-McLeod-Bastian

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
I might have missed it but I didn’t see any of the fancy colourful charts last night. Seemed like McLeod was quite good last night. Anybody got something

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Let another team make that mistake.

A big period against a cellar dwelling team playing its third game in four nights doesn't erase five years of careless play and losing.
1666184323377.png

Yea this player is clearly the problem.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I know it’s a troll but here are some fun Bratt numbers.

He’s pacing 136 points for this season.

He’s gotten a point on 63% of the goals the Devils have scored this season.

—————

As is normal, Bratt is the straw stirring the drink.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bingo with regard to Holtz. Him sitting or playing 6-8 mins a night ain't it. Send him to Utica and let Zetterlund come back into the line up.

Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt
Palat-Hischier-Mercer
Wood-Haula-Zetterlund
Tatar-McLeod-Bastian
I wouldn’t mess with the combos that work:

Sharangovich - Hughes - Mercer
Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Tatar - Haula - Zetterlund
Wood - McLeod - Bastian

You can shuffle around Tatar/Wood or the wingers in the top six as you see fit. But at this point, that’s probably the best forward group we can put together.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The good news from last night was 4 goals scored off of zone time. Not one rush goal in the bunch there, and that's something the Devils struggled with last year. The bad news is that the breakdowns are still coming off stuff the Devils are consciously doing, as opposed to things they're not doing, and that is very bad.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

—————

Meh. Let me know when he scores a goal, he and that selfish 3C with that boat anchor contract are why the team stinks.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
The good news from last night was 4 goals scored off of zone time. Not one rush goal in the bunch there, and that's something the Devils struggled with last year. The bad news is that the breakdowns are still coming off stuff the Devils are consciously doing, as opposed to things they're not doing, and that is very bad.

Severson was responsible for goal #2
Severson was responsible for farting around with the puck behind the net that led to that in front play
Severson (and Graves) completely forgot about Henrique on that breakaway

The dude has had his head up his ass to start the season

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

—————

What drink? As I mentioned in the previous post, he was outstanding in the third period last night.

Prior to last night's game, of his "team leading" three assists, one came in the third period of a 4-1 game and the other was a deflected pass that went to Hamilton, who then blasted a shot past the goalie.

If Bratt can somehow be effective against a heavier team like the Islanders, I'll reconsider my point.

I suspect he will once again be all but invisible; except for a flourish or two with the outcome already decided.

Have seen that movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad