GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rynewed

Sep 16, 2022
Blackwood was fine overall

first goal was bad, made some nice saves later on

if he can be that the entire season, they'll win a lot of games
Even playing the way they did tonight vs a good team, theyd have stolen an extra goal or two off those shots. I do fear for this tandem against higher scoring teams

Reactions: Guadana

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Jesper Bratt may not be, as an annoying Twitter account likes to claim, the best player in the NHL, but he’s probably a lot closer than most fans think he is.

3rd best offensive playdriver in the league last year. Among forwards was 17th in 5v5 P/60, T14th in 5v5 pts, 35th in AS P/60, 43rd in AS pts. The guy is downright elite. The fact we likely didn't toss 8x8 his way was moronic.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not all of them.
I would say all but one goal on Blackwood in game 1 and 3 of the 5 on Vanecek not good.

Even the best goalies get scored on in many more games than they get a shutout.

Even the worst goalies I've seen, not every goal is bad. In fact, most goals are not bad even on the really bad goalies, but I gotta say, more of them were at least kind of stoppable than not in those first two games.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
I repeat. Lindy is not the problem. You get decent goaltending, this team will win.
I honestly think Ruff’s defensive system makes our average goalies look terrible. That’s on him.

This team looks slick offensively at times but gives up a lot of high danger scoring chances that the bad outweighs the good.

Need a better coach.

Stolarz ended up with a better sv % than Blacky.

Reactions: Tiredswede

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I repeat. Lindy is not the problem. You get decent goaltending, this team will win.
I still think he shouldn't have been brought back, but he's somewhat won me over after his response when asked to being booed. I thought it was a very classy response from him.

If we don't get good goaltending, people will only want Brunette run out of town in short order.

Or anybody that takes over, it could be Boudreau, it could be Rod Brind'Amour after the Canes fire him and we hire him the next day.

I don't really think the Canes are firing him, just using him as an example.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I honestly think Ruff’s defensive system makes our average goalies look terrible. That’s on him.

This team looks slick offensively at times but gives up a lot of high danger scoring chances that the bad outweighs the good.

Need a better coach.

I think every team with bad goalies thinks they have the worst defensive team in the history of hockey or at the very least the worst system and coach in the league.

Ducks fans still think Gibson is good and actually worth something, if not only because he USED to be elite his first handful of years in the league and because they Eakins sucks and they have a poor system/defense/whatever. That's kind of true about Eakins though.

Need a better coach.

I think every team with bad goalies thinks they have the worst defensive team in the history of hockey or at the very least the worst system and coach in the league.

Ducks fans still think Gibson is good and actually worth something, if not only because he USED to be elite his first handful of years in the league and because they Eakins sucks and they have a poor system/defense/whatever. That's kind of true about Eakins though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad