GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
It's been a tough two game start for our Devils. Many of us are feeling pretty beaten up by it.

This can't keep going on, can it? Devils have got to turn the corner sometime.

Unfortunately, Fitz decided to keep Lindy around.

But it's still only two games.

The good times are coming.

Let's go Devils!

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
I am equally interested to see how the board reacts with a win or a loss.

Regardless of all that I just want a solid effort. If the team fails to respond again then they must really want Ruff gone too.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I am equally interested to see how the board reacts with a win or a loss.

Regardless of all that I just want a solid effort. If the team fails to respond again then they must really want Ruff gone too.
Loss - I told you so, win - back to back ducks. Until Devils will not start to win consistently no matter how, people will not respect the team. Some of course will, but I don`t think people with patience will start to rise the cup under the head after win over ducks. One time we did, but it`s different circumstances.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i’ll be happy if they win but i’m more interested to see how they win or lose and how the goaltending is. i just want to watch a team play for hockey and not get blown out

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
1666097042781.png

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tonight would be the kind of game I would go to. Lower level tickets for $20 on Stubhub. An opponent the Devils can and should beat...

But I can't believe two games into the season, my excitement has been completely ripped from me. This team in the first two games looks exactly like last year's team.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I said the same thing heading into Saturday's game when Detroit was coming off a back-to-back.
People should cut their expectations. Detroit is the team of quite the same level as Devils. No one guarantee wins against them, even in their back to backs. No one guarantee them wins against us in our back to backs. Nedelkovich played better, we create more pressure, they used our mistakes much better. Devils missclicks and didn`t used chances like Palat, Bratt and Yegor have. But chemistry is a question for Detroit too - they have a lot of new faces too.
Mister Jack should start to score too. Or use open players for better opportunities like he could in breakaway and open Sharangovich in high slot.

There are a lot of things to work on, but the team is playing. The main thing is not to break mentally. Today we'll see what they've been working on and what they're missing.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Tonight would be the kind of game I would go to. Lower level tickets for $20 on Stubhub. An opponent the Devils can and should beat...

But I can't believe two games into the season, my excitement has been completely ripped from me. This team in the first two games looks exactly like last year's team.

I was thinking of going with my son tonight, but he can't make it. I'm not interested in going solo so I'll just watch at home. A couple season's ago, I would've gone anyway but no longer and I'm not disappointed in the least. That's sad when I think about it.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
They said the last game was a must win so I don't know what this or the next is anymore. The more they keep losing, the more people will finally lose faith in their playoff chances (if they haven't already). Although technically no matter how much you lose it's always possible to get back into the playoff hunt, as long as they have an equal or longer win streak.

Reactions: BostonDevil

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I attended the first two, and I just can't do this a third time.

I feel battered.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Game plan is this. Lost both games so far after going up 1-0 in each.

Don't score first...unless they are going to play well enough defensively and the goaltending is good enough to get a shutout, which is as likely as Michael McLeod scoring a hat trick....so don't score first.

Would also help if the second period didn't exist, but that's as likely as Tomas Tatar scoring a single goal.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Worse actually. Last year's team would get 2 garbage goals once the game was out of hand.

Game plan is this. Lost both games so far after going up 1-0 in each.

Don't score first...unless they are going to play well enough defensively and the goaltending is good enough to get a shutout, which is as likely as Michael McLeod scoring a hat trick....so don't score first.

Would also help if the second period didn't exist, but that's as likely as Tomas Tatar scoring a single goal.
Seriously. How do they suck so much in the second? Coaching staff can't handle the long change? WTF.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Same here, I was offered tixs to the game tonight but the first two losses have killed my enthusiasm and another reason I turned down the tixs is I know if they lose tonight it would honestly be soul crushing, more so if I'm there.

However, if they win tonight, I most likely will go to the Sharks game on Saturday.

Reactions: Guadana

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Worse actually. Last year's team would get 2 garbage goals once the game was out of hand.

Seriously. How do they suck so much in the second? Coaching staff can't handle the long change? WTF.

Not many can handle the period of the long change, it's hard to blame the Devils there

Reactions: My3Sons and Japam

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Same here, I was offered tixs to the game tonight but the first two losses have killed my enthusiasm and another reason I turned down the tixs is I know if they lose tonight it would honestly be soul crushing, more so if I'm there.

However, if they win tonight, I most likely will go to the Sharks game on Saturday.
This is my thinking. If they're 2-2 going into Saturday, I will absolutely go and have a day.

Reactions: Lou is God
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille