Confirmed with Link: Ducks extend Adam Henrique

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Let's look at comparable contracts:
- Bryan Little: turns 31 years old the first year of his contract; 6 years / $5.3m AAV
- Mikael Backlund: turns 30 years old the first year of his contract; 6 years / $5.3m AAV
- Patric Hornqvist: turns 32 years old the first year of his contract; 5 years / $5.3m AAV
- Josh Bailey: turns 29 years old the first year of his contract; 6 years/ $5.0m AAV
- Kyle Turris: turns 29 years old the first year of his contract; 6 years/ $6.0m AAV

With those in mind, a fair contract for Henrique is 5-6 years with an AAV of $5-6m.

Copied from a post of mine on May 4th. Let's see how close (hopefully not far off) I was..

Reactions: Fighter

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Tad high, but it kind of needed to be done. Can't let him walk for free and also can't afford to trade him with the current Kesler situation. I do know I don't want BM paying Silf anywhere near that much.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not a discount (nor would one be expected) but a good price none the less - especially if Kesler ends up retiring.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Good deal. Henrique is still in good age and will be 34 when the contract runs out. In much likelyhood he will be a good player through most of that contract, or the entirety of it.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Too high for my liking. Similar overpayment as Kes and Cam got. With our current center situation though, he sort of had Murray by the balls. Hard not to like Rico, glad he's sticking around, but that probably means Silf is gone.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Ok for me. I wonder what Rakell is thinking ;-). Anyway, consider the tax situation in SoCal this is more than solid. He was at 5.5m now and is on a shorter term. Any words regarding NTC or NMC?

Overall I'm surprised this went down before Montour and Kase.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I hoped for a bit less but I have to agree that it is a fair contract.

Great to have Rico for 6 more years (as he have 1 year in his current contract).

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Like others have said, it's a touch more than I had hoped, especially after Bozak and Stastny didn't cash in as much as I thought they might, but I still like it and I'm glad he'll be a Duck for a long time. In a year or two I doubt anyone is getting a quality center long term for under 6, so to have him for 6 more years under that number is pretty nice.

Also guessing they paid a bit extra to avoid any trade clauses and bonus money, which I'd say is worth it.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Also guessing they paid a bit extra to avoid any trade clauses and bonus money, which I'd say is worth it.

This is probably my favorite thing about GMBM since signing Bieksa. Even though we might question his signings, he seems to be much more conscientious of the future and not hamstringing himself w/ NMC/NTC anymore.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I can only imagine that Henrique had a little bit of leverage from the possibility of Kesler being wiped out.

Otherwise, glad to have him. 5.85 is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00