Ducks-Blues game postponed for medical emergency involving Jay Bouwmeester

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
How come this seems to be so prevalent today?

Fischer, Cherepanov, Pavelec, Peverley, now Bouwmeester.. did these things happen pre-2000 and I've just never heard of it?

After hearing the news, one of my first thoughts was, Again!?

Why does this seem to be happening to NHL players so often? Is it happening in other sports as well, and I'm just not paying attention to it?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Hoping for the best here!

Schedule wise, it looks like the 2 teams will either have to play this game tomorrow...or the Sunday right after the last day of the season (April 5th). The only West trip the Blues have left is when they are in Colorado for an afternoon game on that final Saturday so it would not be a long flight.

My fellow habs fan with respect i don’t think anyone’s worried about when this game will be made up at this time.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
After hearing the news, one of my first thoughts was, Again!?

Why does this seem to be happening to NHL players so often? Is it happening in other sports as well, and I'm just not paying attention to it?
You just wouldn't know back in the day. A lot of varying conditions can cause this. I take medication that can have the effect...it's why it is bad to speculate

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Terrifying to watch but thank goodness it happened at the rink with emergency and medical facilities available.

Thoughts go out to him, his family, and the Blues.

I hope he gets better fast.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Similar thing happened to Brodie during practice few weeks ago I think.

He is back playing well now. Hope for the same thing with Jay B.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Quite a few reports saying that he was alert is just great news. I hope he takes care of him now. That was freakin scary.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Was there anything diagnosed previously with JBow ? After the trade Stars doctors diagnosed the heart issue for Peverley and said it could become an issue and sure enough in the 2013-14 season it did. He had to be reanimated since his heart stopped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad