Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Lindholm is being ranked as the most coveted right now per TSN. I thought Chychrun and Lindholm should have been swapped though

Reactions: wintersej

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Sometimes I feel like the only guy here that doesn't have time to watch 1K games a year and know every player intimately. I know Lindholm has earned a stellar rep. I was surprised to see the lack of offense, lack of hardware/recognition, and that he doesn't log huge minutes, at least not the past few years. Not knocking him, but what is the story, is he complete shutdown ala Weber? Is he very physical? Not trolling, can someone that watches him 82 times a year give me the goods?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Sometimes I feel like the only guy here that doesn't have time to watch 1K games a year and know every player intimately. I know Lindholm has earned a stellar rep. I was surprised to see the lack of offense, lack of hardware/recognition, and that he doesn't log huge minutes, at least not the past few years. Not knocking him, but what is the story, is he complete shutdown ala Weber? Is he very physical? Not trolling, can someone that watches him 82 times a year give me the goods?
Shutdown defender who is not a liability offensively, is physical when it's called for, and can skate well for his size.

If you want a comparable in terms of role and impact, think of him like McDonagh. When you're trying to hold a lead or survive a PK, I would not trust anyone else on the Ducks right now more than him.

For context, I do not believe that he is a true #1, or at least not on a good team. But he's been part of a tandem with Fowler where both basically split difficult icetime on separate pairings. They can't be the go-to guy like a prime Doughty or a Weber, but both would be a boost to a team looking for stability on a top-4 pairing.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's what McDonagh, Slavin and Pulock are.

Reactions: Arthuros

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Shutdown defender who is not a liability offensively, is physical when it's called for, and can skate well for his size.

If you want a comparable, think of him like McDonagh. When you're trying to hold a lead or survive a PK, I would not trust anyone else on the Ducks right now more than him.

For context, I do not believe that he is a true #1, or at least not on a good team. But he's been part of a tandem with Fowler where both basically split difficult icetime on separate pairings. They can't be the go-to guy like a prime Doughty or a Weber, but both would be a boost to a team looking for stability on a top-4 pairing.
Very helpful, that makes sense.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He's what McDonagh, Slavin and Pulock are.

Prime Mcdonagh put up really good offensive numbers. Slavin and Pulock also produce at a better rate than Hampus.

Prime Vlasic really is the best comparison. Right now I'd say Pelech with a bit more offense to his game.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Prime Mcdonagh put up really good offensive numbers. Slavin and Pulock also produce at a better rate than Hampus.

Prime Vlasic really is the best comparison. Right now I'd say Pelech with a bit more offense to his game.
Well Lindholm is playing on the Anaheim Ducks with a 19 year old. I can't wait to see him on a good team with an actual partner. I think he expends so much energy defensively this season playing with Drysdale personally.

Who knows we'll see how he looks with his new team.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

It's not like McDonagh was putting up insane numbers. He had 3 seasons above 40 points, 1 of which was with Tampa.

Also, Pulock had one season of above 0.5 PPG, and Slavin is having his first season of this kind of production now. Meanwhile, Vlasic has never cracked 40 and only paced over 30 point 3 times in his career.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
It's not like McDonagh was putting up insane numbers. He had 3 seasons above 40 points, 1 of which was with Tampa.

Also, Pulock had one season of above 0.5 PPG, and Slavin is having his first season of this kind of production now. Meanwhile, Vlasic has never cracked 40 and only paced over 30 point 3 times in his career.

Lindholm has never paced for .5 PPG or even sniffed 40 points even when the Ducks were good. That's why I went with the prime Vlasic comparison.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Lindholm has never paced for .5 PPG or even sniffed 40 points even when the Ducks were good. That's why I went with the prime Vlasic comparison.
Eh. Vlasic was on some stacked Sharks teams as well and put up even fewer points, but fair enough.

I think Lindholm (like Slavin or Pulock) lies in between those two camps in terms of offense (Pelech or Vlasic vs. McDonagh). IMO all of them kind of play the same role (shutdown guy that can be decent offensively, but not consistently).

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Eh. Vlasic was on some stacked Sharks teams as well and put up even fewer points, but fair enough.

I think Lindholm (like Slavin or Pulock) lies in between those two camps in terms of offense (Pelech or Vlasic vs. McDonagh). IMO all of them kind of play the same role (shutdown guy that can be decent offensively, but not consistently).

Yeah for some reason I thought Vlasic was more of a 30 point guy in his prime. It's probably somewhere in between Vlasic and Slavin in reality.

Reactions: Arthuros

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
So if a team picks him up they probably extend him as well.

7 million over 8 years? Is that the value?

Or does he get 8+.

I don't watch the ducks a lot and see points low but everything else is amazing.

Also playing with a 19 year old and holding your own line is huge.

Top pairing defensemen at ufa ain't cheap. Anchors a pair or makes you have a ridiculous top pairing.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Let's hope Ducks sell during these overpays. Come on contenders, Lindholm could be the missing piece to dethrone the Bolts! Can't let someone else out bid you on probably the best player moved during the deadline :D

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
So if a team picks him up they probably extend him as well.

7 million over 8 years? Is that the value?

Or does he get 8+.

I don't watch the ducks a lot and see points low but everything else is amazing.

Also playing with a 19 year old and holding your own line is huge.

Top pairing defensemen at ufa ain't cheap. Anchors a pair or makes you have a ridiculous top pairing.

He's such a hard defenseman to value contract wise. It's why I think he wasn't re-signed. He's a fantastic player. On a contender, he's a #2, but a damn good one.

My guess is he's asking for 8 years, 7.5 million, maybe more.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Too much Lindholm to Bruins chatter makes me think it definitely isn't going to happen.

I got a feeling Bruins will get Middleton or Giordano. Rangers are my guess for Lindholm. Toronto I don’t even think will make a big splash. They keep talking about how bad their goaltending is. I would assume they get Fleury and call it done

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I got a feeling Bruins will get Middleton or Giordano. Rangers are my guess for Lindholm. Toronto I don’t even think will make a big splash. They keep talking about how bad their goaltending is. I would assume they get Fleury and call it done
I hope not. I'm NOT saying Lindholm isn't worth it. I'm saying the Rangers can't possibly give him an extension and they're simply not good enough of a team yet to make it worth spending the assets it would take to get Lindholm as a rental.

Reactions: cannucky

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I hope not. I'm NOT saying Lindholm isn't worth it. I'm saying the Rangers can't possibly give him an extension and they're simply not good enough of a team yet to make it worth spending the assets it would take to get Lindholm as a rental.

Just going off what I been hearing all day. Kevin Allen on Hockeybuzz was saying he would be shocked if Lindholm doesn’t end up in a Rangers jersey by the end of all this on Eklunds podcast. His sources are saying they want him with Troubas line 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kaapo di tutti capi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad