Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think St. Louis makes a ton of sense unfortunately. Would fit seamlessly with their core and give them a boost up to contender status

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Listening to Eklunds live podcast right now. They are talking about New York Rangers being the main suitor for Lindholm. He will be paired up alongside Trouba. New York Rangers have a ton of interest this morning, and have the pieces Anaheim wants. Don’t shoot the messenger 😂

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Listening to Eklunds live podcast right now. They are talking about New York Rangers being the main suitor for Lindholm. He will be paired up alongside Trouba. New York Rangers have a ton of interest this morning, and have the pieces Anaheim wants. Don’t shoot the messenger 😂
*PTSD flashbacks of Trouba vs. Lindholm polls*

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would say that Manson USED to be a decent puck mover and that was when those two were at their best. Manson right now is good enough to make a pass out of the zone, but can't be trusted as a carrier.

I just think Lindholm-McAvoy would be a great combination where neither has any weaknesses.

except they can’t play 60 minutes.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Question for Ducks fans… is Lindholm an effective enough puck mover to be paired with someone who isn’t very good at it like Carlo? Or would the Bruins would be better off with a Lindholm/McAvoy super pairing and let McAvoy get more involved offensively than he usually gets to?

Shit. I’m f***ed. I already have Lindholm fitted in a Bruins sweater in my head. Going to be bummed when the Bruins end up with Leddy or some shit instead.

I think he's a little underrated as a puck mover (not great but solid). I think it would depend on what type of team the Bruins faced... if it was an Edmonton-style with a stacked McDavid/Drai, you pair him with McAvoy and put them out against that line every time. Against a balanced lineup, you can have one of the two out there for 45+ minutes a night.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I mean we were linked to Chychrun and it's been widely speculated that the team would like to upgrade the LD top-4, but it's actually Lindgren the Rangers would like to upgrade. Miller/Trouba has been phenomenal this season and should only get better as Miller grows. Fox/Lindgren, on the other hand, has looked a bit rough and while Lindgren is a warrior he's inevitably going to break down.

That all being said, I'm going to be pissed if we trade for Lindholm. We have no space to re-sign him going forward and we're not in a position to be chasing high-priced rentals.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
For Detroit, maybe.

Bertuzzi not being able to play in Canada is kind of a problem when we have 3 Canadian teams in our division.

With the world opening up a bit more, I think there's a chance this gets lifted. Zegras having a player like Bertuzzi on his wing could be huge for his game.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
With the world opening up a bit more, I think there's a chance this gets lifted. Zegras having a player like Bertuzzi on his wing could be huge for his game.
If we ignore the vaccine thing, yeah, I agree that Bertuzzi would be great next to Zegras.

As of right now though, it doesn't make sense to us until Canada officially lifts restrictions.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Don't know. But it would be funny considering everyone is expecting the Leafs to end up with him. Then he ends up playing against the Leafs in the playoffs.

I agree. Giordano would be a lot cheaper for Toronto to afford in retrospect trade wise. That does make a lot further sense

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If we ignore the vaccine thing, yeah, I agree that Bertuzzi would be great next to Zegras.

As of right now though, it doesn't make sense to us until Canada officially lifts restrictions.

Seems like a risk with a high reward. Lindholm is a UFA and by the looks of it, he's likely not signing. So odds are you're either gonna trade him and get lowballed since he's a UFA, or lose him for free this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad