• Jacob Tuna

• Patrick Nemeth

• Braden Schneider

• K'Andre Milk

• Alex Georgiev

Results are only viewable after voting.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The most positive Rangers post in HF history. I really don't know about the best coach we ever had though.
If not Gallant, then who? Keenan? This team is responding to his every move.

I don't know how anyone can dwell on the negatives when they are giving us so much enjoyment this year.

Reactions: bhamill

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If not Gallant, then who? Keenan? This team is responding to his every move.

I don't know how anyone can dwell on the negatives when they are giving us so much enjoyment this year.

The team is gutsy and I think there's some motivation that he's tapped into. That said while I'm not Machinehead who would prefer hockey be played with no goalies I can't get over how often the team gets outplayed. Having a guy like Shesterkin in net doesn't hurt although Georgiev somehow being only 1 game below .500 is a minor miracle.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You new here? Thats what this board excels at.
No, actually you are. Not that it matters, but I got 10 years on you as a member.

I'm well aware of the negativity. But with the season we are having, it's a bit silly not to enjoy what we are seeing. And besides, isn't it better to stand out from the crowd?

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I can't get over how often the team gets outplayed.
I think you might be mistaking shots on net as some sort of marker of being outplayed. Even time spent in the o-zone is not indictive of who outplayed who. All that matters is keeping the puck out of your net, while scoring on theirs. That's the bottom line. Time of possession in the o-zone and SOG's can be skewered and not indicative on how well a team has played.

Obviously if we are 20 games over .500, and you believe we are often being outplayed, that can't be entirely true.

Quality chances for and against is perhaps the best indicator of how well a team has played. But all these stats can be skewered to some degree misrepresenting actual gameplay.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
12 (3g, 9 a).
I get that PP1 works, but it's not due to Strome. Get someone else in there at least every 2nd opertunity, especially if the plan isn't to bring him back next season

Strome & Lindgren have both outlived their usefulness in those key roles. The team would be better suited with Laf & Miller replacing them

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I would not say the goals against were bad ones out of a goalie standpoint. First One was an anomaly that took several weird bonuses. Second was screenshot. Third a clear breakaway. He might have been better on the last One. Agreed. The First Two are however unlucky, freakish goals that might’ve been stopped by a goalie in the flow, But he aint´t in the flow, he is Geo..

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
reading he let in a bad goal - not sure which one was a bad goal?
I thought the Fowler one was pretty soft. The partial breakaway was flukey. He and the backchecker didnt communicate well. The first one was weird too. None were awful and he made some very nice saves. Mixed bag from what I saw.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Props to Georgie for adding to the excitement level. Who wants to see a boring 3-1 Igor win?

Panarin is skating and hustling a lot more since the Brooks article.

Johnny Bro. The trade deadline acquisition we didn't know we needed.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@EdJovanovski if you're going to do GDT's you have to include every player in polls following a win.

Geo was good in this game and I'm happy for him. The way you guys treat him makes what I did to Girardi look like good-natured ribbing.

I've been doing the polls for years and I never took the liberty of excluding any player. Not Girardi. Not Glass. Not McLeod.

With some of you, I wonder if you're Rangers fans or this is just your shitposting avenue. And that's coming from me.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
@EdJovanovski if you're going to do GDT's you have to include every player in polls following a win.

Geo was good in this game and I'm happy for him. The way you guys treat him makes what I did to Girardi look like good-natured ribbing.

I've been doing the polls for years and I never took the liberty of excluding any player. Not Girardi. Not Glass. Not McLeod.

With some of you, I wonder if you're Rangers fans or this is just your shitposting avenue. And that's coming from me.
Definitely agree every player needs to be represented. I don’t mind monkeying around with the names but also please keep them recognizable. Today is fine but I’ve come across a few names that I can’t match with a player. I suppose I’m missing a gdt joke or some Sam malapropism. But sometimes the concoctions are too far out. Shaun, today’s names are fine. But I do agree, all players in the polls.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ll still take him here. A 20 year old center with 0.8 ppg can get burned all he wants in 3-on-3 OT for my team.

He’s 20 and he’s scoring 0.8 ppg. Don’t care what he does when they deploy him at street ball time.

Watching the Ducks all season, it’s pretty remarkable he is able to produce with inconsistent line-mates and a 1A and 1B PP unit system. His defense needs to develop better, but when a 20 yo rookie is pacing for 65-70 points, you shelter him a little and let him learn to be more responsible in his own zone.

People here bashing Geo, he made two huge saves on Zegras. Ducks fought hard, they are missing key players and just traded one of their Top 4D.

Anyway was a fun game. Rangers played well, and so did Anaheim, which is why it took them to OT. That Fox goal was just awesome.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still don't get why Hochul was boo'd and I REALLY don't get why her "team" would even let her do it. Know the room.

Should have just been some high ranking women in the PD/FD.

I don‘t agree with Hochul’s views or from her predecessor and I’m not really a political person. But thought it was just rude by the fans. But it’s NY, so no shocker. It was not about politics it was about woman’s empowerment. Going to boo that?

Also, please stop with the Potvin sucks chants. I cringe every time I hear it. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad