HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Road House

1647398659558.png

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’ll still take him here. A 20 year old center with 0.8 ppg can get burned all he wants in 3-on-3 OT for my team.

He’s 20 and he’s scoring 0.8 ppg. Don’t care what he does when they deploy him at street ball time.

Really going out on a limb here, eh? Literally every team in the NHL would take Zegras which is why hes as untouchable as anyone in the league right now.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Maybe, idk. I'm not sure what kind of Defenseman Miller is yet. He shows as much offensive upside as Trouba, but until recently he hasn't been as physical. I think he's still figuring it out himself tbh. I do think sky is the limit for him though.
He's really upped the ante on physical play lately. He's laid out a few hits seemingly without effort.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Really going out on a limb here, eh? Literally every team in the NHL would take Zegras which is why hes as untouchable as anyone in the league right now.

that’s the point… no reason to point out “hey look he got burned in OT.” So? Would sell a body part to get him here.

Reactions: bhamill

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I’ll still take him here. A 20 year old center with 0.8 ppg can get burned all he wants in 3-on-3 OT for my team.

He’s 20 and he’s scoring 0.8 ppg. Don’t care what he does when they deploy him at street ball time.
There was not one person in the world who would have reached to pick Zegras at #2. Anyone who says they had him there is full of crap. I would take him too but I think everyone is making good big a deal of him.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Miller needs to clean up some careless plays but I think he's flashing more upside at both ends of the ice as well lately. Then he just kinda wiffs on a pass because he's trying to fling it of his back foot or something. Happened enough to be noticeable lately

Hes going to be a star. He's still got to learn to handle the puck a little cleaner but the physical play is definitely coming and his speed, size and reach are a unique combo.

Reactions: bhamill

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Boring low event game the first 2 periods, then the big boys put the team on their back in the 3rd to get the win. One of the most satisfying developments form this season is that Kreider/Mika/Fox/Panarin have shown they have the clutch gene when needed.

Georgiev was a complete mixed bag. Some excellent saves but a few clunkers given up.

Goodrow-Chytil-Brodzinski was very good. Its almost like playing with those 2 guys rubs off on Chytil and makes him play a more straight ahead game. Gallant clearly has no use for the 4th line, all under 9 mins TOI.

Lindgren was putrid tonight and it should comes as no surprise when Drury makes a trade for a defenseman, they need one.

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times, but Strome is fine as a 2C this year but for this team to take the next step, he needs to be replaced long-term.
Good summary, agree with everything here.

Lindgren really has struggled, he hasn't looked like himself for most of this season. I wonder if he had a rough offseason and never got fully up to speed. A positive development on the blue line is Nemeth has looked quite good ever since coming back and him and Schneider look like they're playing well off each other. We really need Lindgren to get up to speed. I wonder if Gallant would scratch a guy like Lindy. Best case scenario is he gets back to himself, but we'lll see.

Totally agree on Strome. Hopefully his lackluster play has been proof of that to Drury. You can't lock him up as your 2c for the contending window, you just can't.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Good summary, agree with everything here.

Lindgren really has struggled, he hasn't looked like himself for most of this season. I wonder if he had a rough offseason and never got fully up to speed. A positive development on the blue line is Nemeth has looked quite good ever since coming back and him and Schneider look like they're playing well off each other. We really need Lindgren to get up to speed. I wonder if Gallant would scratch a guy like Lindy. Best case scenario is he gets back to himself, but we'lll see.

Totally agree on Strome. Hopefully his lackluster play has been proof of that to Drury. You can't lock him up as your 2c for the contending window, you just can't.

Lindgren cant handle forecheck pressure which is highly concerning for an undersized defensive defenseman. Strome plays with no urgency. He puts up points but there's clearly something missing with his game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Georgiev was the old Georgiev tonight. Made a bunch of really good saves but had poor rebound control, gave up a softie and got beaten on a breakaway. Even when he's playing well he seems to always be good for a softie and breakaways are automatic goals against him. Just such a frustrating player, even aside from the attitude stuff.

We did score some nice goals tonight though.

How about Jonny Brodz with a true goal scorer's goal?

That second goal Fox's past was unreal and then Mika's shot was absolutely perfect, as a one timer from that angle - not many players in the whole league could make that, could probably count on one hand.

3rd goal was Kreider doing Kreider. He's so good around the net.

Fox and Panarin in OT, crowd was electric. Sounded super loud on TV. Fox was his old self in the 3rd period tonight, he took over the game.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lindgren cant handle forecheck pressure which is highly concerning for an undersized defensive defenseman. Strome plays with no urgency. He puts up points but there's clearly something missing with his game.
I literally don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone call lindgren an undersized dman. First off he’s not , and second he certainly doesn’t play like one.

Reactions: NYRangers16

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
My thoughts from the IRL perspective:

—I cannot stress how bad the ice was tonight. Might have been the warm weather, but the puck was all over the place and guys were falling all over the place basically out of nowhere.

—Miller and Lindgren need to be flipped. I think it would do the d pairs wonders.

—Schneider with a real doozy tonight. I’d have sat him a bit after he got deked out of his jock the 2nd time.

—How many PP points does Ryan Strome have this season being force fed them juicy minutes?

—Gauthier was the only member of the 4th line I noticed in any positive way. They basically just exist.

—There’s something I like about Johnny Brodzinski and I will toot his horn until he turns back into a pumpkin.

—Very nice of Filip Chytil to finally join us. Only took 5 months.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
How great is this season?
You realize we have more wins coming from behind, than we do when leading?
20 comebacks out of 38 wins.
Talk about exciting hockey. Wow!

And it just doesn't get any better,... watching the guys who want the puck, when the game is on the line, deliver the win. I can't get enough of Panarin's smile and jumps for joy after they score those big goals. Just puts a big smile on my face. That joyful feeling is just so contagious.

I mean watching Fox and the Breadman team up in OT, is almost as exciting as Kreids scoring a PP goal, to tie the game late!

You couldn't possibly write a better script for a thrilling win. Throw in a Zibad one-timer and a do good story of a hard working AHL vet, and I ask,... what more can you want?

I'm just loving this Rangers' season. It is really something special. No one deserves the Jack Adams more than Gerard Gallant this year. He has done just an incredible job with this team. Definitely the best coach we ever had. And gives damn good postgame interview too. You could see his quiet confidence nightly,.. that obviously has spread throughout the team.

Last edited:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
My thoughts from the IRL perspective:

—How many PP points does Ryan Strome have this season being force fed them juicy minutes?

12 (3g, 9 a).
I get that PP1 works, but it's not due to Strome. Get someone else in there at least every 2nd opertunity, especially if the plan isn't to bring him back next season

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How great is this season?
You realize we have more wins coming from behind than we do when leading?
20 comebacks out of 38 wins.
Talk about exciting hockey. Wow!

And it just doesn't get any better,... watching the guys who want the puck, when the game is on the line, deliver the win. I can't get enough of Panarin's smile and jumps for joy after they score those big goals. Just puts a big smile on my face. That joyful feeling is just so contagious.

I mean watching Fox and the Breadman team up in OT, is almost as exciting as Kreids scoring a PP goal, to tie the game late!

You couldn't possibly write a better script for a thrilling win.

I'm just loving this Rangers' season. It is really something special. No one deserves the Jack Adams more than Gerard Gallant this year. He has done just an incredible job with this team. Definitely the best coach we ever had.

The most positive Rangers post in HF history. I really don't know about the best coach we ever had though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad