• Ryan Lindgren

• Jacob Tuna

• Patrick Nemeth

• Braden Schneider

• K'Andre Milk

• Alex Georgiev

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was the suspected reason, and I was just curious if we got a confirmation on it from post-game comments or beat coverage or what not.

I honestly thought the Rangers were going to have Roasted Duck last night, but the game was closer than I thought it would be and maybe that is why Gallant is upset. Ducks just traded Manson, and they are missing like 4 of their Top 6/9 guys.

I see Gallant being a little arrogant here. He saw a wounded struggling team and said let's play Geo, because they should still win even if Geo struggles. Rangers played down a little to them, but were dominating in the 3rd. So not sure what the F is Gallant's problem. Rangers ended up being the better team and they should have been. I was content with the Rangers performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I honestly thought the Rangers were going to have Roasted Duck last night, but the game was closer than I thought it would be and maybe that is why Gallant is upset. Ducks just traded Manson, and they are missing like 4 of their Top 6/9 guys.

I see Gallant being a little arrogant here. He saw a wounded struggling team and said let's play Geo, because they should still win even if Geo struggles. Rangers played down a little to them, but were dominating in the 3rd. So not sure what the F is Gallant's problem. Rangers ended up being the better team and they should have been. I was content with the Rangers performance.
Our backup has to play sometimes and I don't think there's an opponent people will be happy with.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
This was the suspected reason, and I was just curious if we got a confirmation on it from post-game comments or beat coverage or what not.
not sure suspected by whom, but that was my original thought. don't complicate things I say..

OTOH GG always stipulates that a win is a win he doesn't care how or where from the 2 pts come.. That said, I always suspected that to be at least partially a front. He probably cares somewhat.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There was not one person in the world who would have reached to pick Zegras at #2. Anyone who says they had him there is full of crap. I would take him too but I think everyone is making good big a deal of him.

I wasn't saying we should have. Just commenting on wanting him now.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
not sure suspected by whom, but that was my original thought. don't complicate things I say..

OTOH GG always stipulates that a win is a win he doesn't care how or where from the 2 pts come.. That said, I always suspected that to be at least partially a front. He probably cares somewhat.
He never sells out the team to the media unless they play really badly like with the Blues game last week. Whatever he's unhappy about seems to stay in the locker room, which I think works out well for the team dynamic.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Most everything covered in here, but Chytil was flying in the O zone tonight. Looked like it's clicking for him again. About time for another injury to take him out for 1-2 months to reset his in-form again.

PP2 sucks balls. They can't zone entry to save their lives, Miller, Trouba, Chytil, Laf, Goodrow, that's a zone entry joke waiting to be formed. KK replacing Goodrow ain't much better. No one on that unit can carry the puck, has the vision, or the smarts to make the right move once the zone is entered. No head fakes, looking off of defenders to buy a second. The passing is shit in the o zone too for them, not tape to tape, too much hesitation, and then dumb point shot prayer heaves that are often blocked or easily saved and cleared out. At least try to set someone up for a one timer from the dot or something simple. I understand they generally don't get much time, but even when they have a chance and PP1 goes off after 45 seconds due to a whistle (this DOES happen), they do shit-all with their opportunity and of course GG will want PP1 back on again after 40 seconds of PP2 f***ing things up or taking TOs to make sure PP1 can stay out.
Putting Strome on PP2 might help PP2 because he's actually got good vision in the o zone and passes quickly which the PP needs. But with the rest of the yutzes on PP2 it's not likely he'd make much of a difference for PP2. However I do think switching him for Laffy would definitely hamper PP1 which is the last thing we need. Yes, Strome's shooting ain't great, yes he's not a crucial cog or directly involved in tons of our PP goals, yes we want Laf getting easy PP points and growing offensively, but I can see someone like Laffy getting a pass on that unit and slowing the play down which would really put a kink in the PP being so effective. Part of the PP1 strength is quick passes from all involved and being shifty and savvy and looking off the PK and making no look tape to tape (or close) passes which slowly open up seams for the big cross icers. This is where Strome meshes well with PP1 and blends nicely into the unit. When PP2 tries no look passes they're in skates and/or picked off easily leading to odd man rushes the other way.

The ice was complete shit last night. Can't imagine what it will be like when it gets really warm out and the Knicks played earlier that same day.

Oh and Georgy CLEARLY plays better when gets some time, and I think Shesty can use the occasional break on the home stretch leading in to the playoffs. Even without back 2 backs our schedule is TOUGH. Let's give Georgy the weaker opponents and get into rhythm so he the teams feels decent about hime and he feels decent about himself and isn't moping, and this lets Shesty stay fresh and in form as he won't be resting 5+ days from these breaks.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s interesting, Ducks and Rangers both have like a Top 5 PP in the league. Rangers run one elite unit and a 2nd which maybe gets 20-30 secs if they are lucky. Ducks run a 1A and 1B PP and both can score.

I am curious moving forward if they continue the 1 and 2nd PP unit which hardly sees the ice. Seems to be working. Another smart move by Gallant to call time out so the 1st unit could get another crack at it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Which means leaving Strome up there lol. Yeah sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lindgren has some nagging injuries and they should just pull him from the lineup and let him heal up, its why Hajek was dressed as a 7th d. I dont know why teams do this, tel him to take 3 or 4 games off and get healthy for playoffs.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It’s interesting, Ducks and Rangers both have like a Top 5 PP in the league. Rangers run one elite unit and a 2nd which maybe gets 20-30 secs if they are lucky. Ducks run a 1A and 1B PP and both can score.

I am curious moving forward if they continue the 1 and 2nd PP unit which hardly sees the ice. Seems to be working. Another smart move by Gallant to call time out so the 1st unit could get another crack at it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Which means leaving Strome up there lol. Yeah sorry.

I see people talk about taking strome off the pp all the time but the fact is that neither Lafreniere or Kakko are ready for that yet, they just don't battle to get pucks back as well when someone loses it or its a 50/50 puck play and for that reason Strome will have a spot over the others. I can't wait until Laf takes it though, having a lefty that can shoot on that side would be a killer, we'd have the best pp in the league bar none, when he's ready.

Reactions: Leonardo87

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

I suspect you're right.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Cause Miller makes awful decisions and reaches to much which would hold Foxy back.
Maybe Miller should continue making mistakes like he did last night,... cause he seemed to get mad and made some crushing hits like never before. He led the team in hits, along with Reavo at 4 apiece. That has got to be a first.

So maybe him whiffing on passes can be a good thing. LOL

Reactions: NYRangers16

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
They’ve actually revamped the entire PP so my complaints about Strome are gone because he isn’t on the right side anymore. He was originally on the right, Zibs on the left with Panarin and Fox out top. Kreider would move back and forth from in front to the slot.

Now Strome is playing the pivot in the slot to Panarin on the right, Zibs on the left and Kreider stays low. Panarin and Zibs now support Fox at the point on either side.

Keep rolling with it.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Do we know why the coaching staff walked off unhappy after OT?
They couldn't even break a smile handshaking one another. What was up with that?

No hint of what that was about in postgame events.

How can you not crack a smile winning in OT, much less a jump for joy?

They were freakin lifeless. I was shocked.

The cameras point at the bench specifically in OT to catch the celebration, and you see men of stone.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's really upped the ante on physical play lately. He's laid out a few hits seemingly without effort.
You are so right Will. He has. I wonder if its a case that he didn't want to put a bullseye on his back throughout the league, you know, just get a good feel for the league and then slowly blend in some hits, but surely may have been "pushed" into doing so, whether it was by GG and staff or "what I believe" to be probably Trouba. Message is better received amongst teammates, me thinks.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You are so right Will. He has. I wonder if its a case that he didn't want to put a bullseye on his back throughout the league, you know, just get a good feel for the league and then slowly blend in some hits, but surely may have been "pushed" into doing so, whether it was by GG and staff or "what I believe" to be probably Trouba. Message is better received amongst teammates, me thinks.
I think he was just embarrassed about his play, and took it out on his opponents. He really crushed a few of them like never before. It was great to see. I guess whiffing on passes, and falling on your ass can get you mad. LOL!

His 4 hits led the team along with Reavo. We will likely never see that again. Unless a few more pucks bounce off him and into our own net. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Larrybiv

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Fowler goal was soft. Georgie got completely fooled by Fowler who did an ok job straddling the blueline and making it look like he was gonna pass to the far side or skate it himself and then he shot back against the grain. Georgiev didn't see it but that's because he did a poor job of trying to peek around the screen, he cheated and bit on Fowler's "fake" at the blueline and peeked around the far side of the man in front of him and Fowler shot the puck short side. Georgiev has to do a better job there of fighting through the screen and seeing around it. He had one man in his sight line and then Fox was off to the far side, you need to be looking around on the side the man with the puck is on until he or the puck pass to the other side. There's a reason you rarely see good goalies give up goals like that. It obviously wasn't a terrible goal especially considering some of the goals Georgie has given up recently, but that's definitely a soft goal that you want your goalie to stop.
That one was soft for sure. And the partial breakaway wasn’t well handled. On the other hand there were a couple excellent saves. I’d say he was even-steven this game. Good enough to win.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You make it seem like he takes every other game off. Just because he was in a funk doesn't mean he is lazy. No player plays every game full tilt over an 82 game season. Fox was also in a funk for a bit. Is he lazy too? The fact remains that he leads the team in scoring again as he has done the previous 2 years. He's the 1 guy I have zero concerns about.
This is worth repeating. The season is soooo long.
I was a bit ticked off by the wild game. But the St. Louis game was an ambush on many levels. It happens. I did think the Dallas match was kind of a measuring stick and the team really stepped up. Particularly is February and March, you take what you get. See where the chips lay in April.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think he was just embarrassed about his play, and took it out on his opponents. He really crushed a few of them like never before. It was great to see. I guess whiffing on passes, and falling on your ass can get you mad. LOL!

His 4 hits led the team along with Reavo. We will likely never see that again. Unless a few more pucks bounce off him and into our own net. LOL
Or, on the flip end (positive side) maybe the bulb goes on and realizes "hey, that was fun, maybe I should play angry and do that more often". One could only hope.

Reactions: ohbaby

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2