Pre-Game Talk: Duck Hunting Tuesday Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Lots of Ducks on the North Saskatchewan these days (mostly mallards). I drive down to Hawreluk park on most days and go for a nice hike on the trails there near the river.

Reactions: bellagiobob

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just watched the McDavid/Foegele postgame and hear a roar of "Lets Go Oilers" in the background. Foegele couldn't contain his giddiness.
It's freaking Game 2 of the season, that city is going to explode if they make a playoff run moreso than ever considering how antsy they must have been after the 1+ year lockdown. That was quite possibly the loudest Rogers Place has been since the Anaheim series, gonna be a fun year.

The crowd on Saturday was juiced.

Agree that this season is going to be a lot of fun if we can get off to a hot start here then keep it rolling. On that note, if we picked up Getzlaf at the deadline along with a solid depth LD we will be very, very dangerous.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Smith with the start again tomorrow

remember when Tippett said they'll get both goaltenders up and running, so that was a lie

Was just gonna say the something myself, Smith might be playing his best hockey of his career this last year but someone should tell Tippett Smith is still 40, not to mention Koskinen has looked impressive his few starts as well

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Smith with the start again tomorrow

remember when Tippett said they'll get both goaltenders up and running, so that was a lie

Tippett is a bullshit artist at this point. He says one thing and completely trashes it a week later. People were laughing when I said he'd have McDavid Draisaitl back together by game 2 of the regular season, it didn't even take that long, lol.

There's no long term planning with Tippett, he just milks whatever is hot.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
He's in his last season as an NHL head coach. Grant being waived the day after he led the Ducks' forwards in icetime pretty much guarantees he and the GM are on completely different wavelengths.

I think it is because Eakins teases him for being chubby. A guy can only take it for so long before he gets fed up

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
Was just gonna say the something myself, Smith might be playing his best hockey of his career this last year but someone should tell Tippett Smith is still 40, not to mention Koskinen has looked impressive his few starts as well

So, would you prefer starting Koskinen against the Flames? Or would you have started him Tuesday and Thursday this week?
Or perhaps go with Tuesday/Friday instead. I'm not sure what other configuration there is aside from those three and the one Tippett's rolling with.

I'm going to continue to be happy we have a coach who plays his clear starter in the season opener against a divisional opponent, the HNIC game against a divisional opponent two days later, the road game against a divisional opponent two days after that, and against the team that's most likely to be our competition for a division title three days after that. You leave the game against the out-of-division team for your backup.

Obviously, once our schedule tightens up you'll probably need to make the splits more like 5:2/5:3 as opposed to the current look of 3:1

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I feel like this will give the 4th line a boost. McLeod is just such a nothing player.

I think that he can be a valuable player if he improves his shot and improves FO numbers (to impressive numbers consistently).

I was really hoping to see Sceviour; his preseason play was better than Turris', imo

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That’s the plan if it happens. Luckily this time I’m hiding in the upper bowl so they likely won’t even bother. Maybe some will boo me though, if some of the posters here are any indication :sarcasm:

I’m in the nosebleeds as well on Tuesday. Let me know where you’re sitting and I’ll come over and boo you. ;)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Ehhh I liked Turris better. Sceviour just brings nothing offensively. The trio of Perlini, Shore, Turris brought some really nice offensive chemistry all pre season and I want to see that in a real game.

Let’s hope they get some decent ice time tomorrow. I’d like to see if they can pitch in offensively as well

Reactions: MessierII

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
So, would you prefer starting Koskinen against the Flames? Or would you have started him Tuesday and Thursday this week?
Or perhaps go with Tuesday/Friday instead. I'm not sure what other configuration there is aside from those three and the one Tippett's rolling with.

I'm going to continue to be happy we have a coach who plays his clear starter in the season opener against a divisional opponent, the HNIC game against a divisional opponent two days later, the road game against a divisional opponent two days after that, and against the team that's most likely to be our competition for a division title three days after that. You leave the game against the out-of-division team for your backup.

Obviously, once our schedule tightens up you'll probably need to make the splits more like 5:2/5:3 as opposed to the current look of 3:1
Koskinen will have a better season IMO

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Tippett is a bullshit artist at this point. He says one thing and completely trashes it a week later. People were laughing when I said he'd have McDavid Draisaitl back together by game 2 of the regular season, it didn't even take that long, lol.

There's no long term planning with Tippett, he just milks whatever is hot.
The top "5 man unit" has been getting heavily dominated in scoring chance and shot metric differential, I really wish Tippett would change it.

McDrai suck ass defensively when together, combined with Nurse/Barrie who are very offensively minded there's been just way too much high danger leaking against that unit.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad