Speculation: Duchene trade looking back

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
define much better. like not in the basement like last season?
If we are healthy and either keep EK and or get a decent return ..The playoffs arent out the question...Lots can happen and you of all people should know this

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If we are healthy and either keep EK and or get a decent return ..The playoffs arent out the question...Lots can happen and you of all people should know this
so is this a stars align thing and everything goes right for the senators an the playoffs are possible, or are you saying that you think health alone puts the senators close?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
so is this a stars align thing and everything goes right for the senators an the playoffs are possible, or are you saying that you think health alone puts the senators close?
What are you fishing for ???If we are healthy and we see some progression from our kids then we should be decent...

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Any one team can beat any one team in the league on a given day. We just saw a SCF clinching season from an expansion team. Who's to say that Ottawa doesn't make it in?

You don't bet that the bottom 5 of teams make it but one of them probably will make it in with contributions from their better players and draftees.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
im fishing for where you think the sens are going to land next season.
I dont talk in absolutes ...thats more you ....I said we should be better ,without as many key injuries and some progress from some real good young players....

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I dont talk in absolutes ...thats more you ....I said we should be better ,without as many key injuries and some progress from some real good young players....
Let's make it simple then, what would you guess is the point range for the Sens next year. That's not an absolute its a range of what you think is most likely

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Any one team can beat any one team in the league on a given day. We just saw a SCF clinching season from an expansion team. Who's to say that Ottawa doesn't make it in?

You don't bet that the bottom 5 of teams make it but one of them probably will make it in with contributions from their better players and draftees.
I could see the Sens making it in next season. Heck my Avs made it in with a bunch of rookies and an injured starter....then again Mackinnon did have an amazing season. I wouldn't count out the Sens.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I could see the Sens making it in next season. Heck my Avs made it in with a bunch of rookies and an injured starter....then again Mackinnon did have an amazing season. I wouldn't count out the Sens.
44 points to.. 94 was it? Yep.. With Karlsson back Ottawa are still very much in position to make a run for the playoffs. A team needs a star to lead them to the playoffs, rarely does a team like Arizona make it in where they really don't have a top 5 player of one position to lead them.

Although I'm rooting for Raanta becoming a top 5 goalie in the future so our (Finland's) goalie situation isn't completely f***ed after Rinne and Rask are out of their prime

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Let's make it simple then, what would you guess is the point range for the Sens next year. That's not an absolute its a range of what you think is most likely
I dont know ,they were 2nd last this season when everything went absolutely wrong....They really cant get much worse,they could make the playoffs and I dont think many would be shocked....They do have enough talent on the roster,and some good stuff in the pipe...Other teams that made the playoffs could easily have some major key injuries,so many viarables...

Just as I warned you about with the Panthers,you should never write off any team nor place any one too too high

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
.They really cant get much worse,they could make the playoffs and I dont think many would be shocked....
this is where most would disagree with you. Yes anything can happen in the NHL, but most people think the Sens will repeat in the basement. It would be very surprising to see them in the Playoffs next year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
this is where most would disagree with you. Yes anything can happen in the NHL, but most people think the Sens will repeat in the basement. It would be very surprising to see them in the Playoffs next year.
Thats nice ,just as most thought LVG would be right there too this year....And EDM would be a cup contender....

I really havent said anything that should be shocking to anyone,Ottawa was likely a better team than they placed last season...Nothing went right,it happens and for lots of different reasons...So me saying that Ottawa should improve from 2nd last ,and could make the playoffs.In June isnt really anything

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Thats nice ,just as most thought LVG would be right there too this year...
yes. something that shocked the entire NHL universe.

The Sens making the playoffs wouldn't be a shock on that level, but it would be very surprising.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
is hughes and bowers + later picks worse than seguin/hamilton?
What happens if its a mid teens or early 20,s pick???Do we win the trade then ???Or a bunch of quantity for quality doesnt apply here because..It doesnt fit this offseason mantra of "Bash everything Ottawa"

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What happens if its a mid teens or early 20,s pick???Do we win the trade then ???Or a bunch of quantity for quality doesnt apply here because..It doesnt fit this offseason mantra of "Bash everything Ottawa"

it was a terrible trade at the time regardless

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
yes. something that shocked the entire NHL universe.

The Sens making the playoffs wouldn't be a shock on that level, but it would be very surprising.
Ill take my chances with a first of all healthy EK and Stone,Combined with a Duchene ,and a emerging young stud in Chabot...Thanks

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
If Karlsson leaves I see us in the 55-65 point range, we're getting pantsed.
If Karlsson is back but we move Duchene to make room for Tavares, we'll be in the mix for the playoffs...maybe.
However, it looks like Eugene wants us at the cap floor, so 70ish to low 80s points, lower if Anderson leaves and we have to run with Condon/Backup.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
it was a terrible trade at the time regardless
Meh the only thing that makes it bad is the possibility of a top 5 pick next season...We didnt trade anyone we couldnt afford to trade,we kept our best kids out of the deal..And replaced a player we were going to lose anyhow for Duchene...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Ill take my chances with a first of all healthy EK and Stone,Combined with a Duchene ,and a emerging young stud in Chabot...Thanks
Cool. I'll take my chances that that roster finished with sub 85 points. feel free to quote after the season

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cool. I'll take my chances that that roster finished with sub 85 points. feel free to quote after the season
Oh dont be that way ,learn from you mistakes dude....Never count out any team ,and never ridicule another,s opinion...

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
How do you think Ottawa can fit in the Stone/Duchene/Karlsson trio for what they will get on their new contracts at a 68 million dollar cap? Genuine question. I’ve been looking at the Sens cap situation very closely and I don’t see how they can do it when Karlsson is going to want 11 and Duchene/Stone should get 8. The Sens getting Boedker to me signaled that Karlsson was likely leaving, as the Sens really needed all of the cap space they could get in a Hoffman trade. Boedkers 3 million isn’t a deal breaker or anything, but I would think if they were serious about keeping the trio they would have tried to trade Hoffman for pure futures (which was obviously doable considering the Hoffman to Florida trade).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad