Proposal: Duchene to Winnipeg, Stone to Calgary, Dzingel & Pageau to Edmonton, Ceci to Minnesota

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Where are all of these Dzingel level rentals or Pageau level 3Cs that are bringing back 1sts? Vermette in 2015 is the only guy I can think of that's comparable to Pageau and I don't know of anyone comparable to Dzingel. And if they're good enough to get 1sts, why haven't they been traded for 1sts yet?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I’d say no to the Jets deal.
Rather give up Little over Perreault.
Not giving up Brossoit until after the playoffs.
And honestly don’t like the idea of paying this high for a rental.

That rental would give Winnipeg a huge boost
But unless the jets know they can resign him I agree it's not worth it

Having scheifele as your 1c
And duchene as your 2c sounds really nice tho

Connor scheifele wheeler
Ehlers duchene laine

Reactions: BatVader

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Where are all of these Dzingel level rentals or Pageau level 3Cs that are bringing back 1sts? Vermette in 2015 is the only guy I can think of that's comparable to Pageau and I don't know of anyone comparable to Dzingel. And if they're good enough to get 1sts, why haven't they been traded for 1sts yet?
I posted this in another thread, but the Sens deadline day has the potential of turning out like a Wile-E. Coyote skit. Dorion will chase after his prize, only to be crushed by a boulder. The guy is going to try and hold up the market to maximize returns, but teams will say f*** it and move on, leaving them with crappy returns.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Dzingel will probably get a 1st. Didn't Nashville give up a 1st for Ryan freakin Hartman?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dzingel will probably get a 1st. Didn't Nashville give up a 1st for Ryan freakin Hartman?

Hartman was a RFA, not a UFA. If Dzingel was more cost controlled, I could see him getting a 1st rounder. He's just a pending UFA.

To be, Dzingel's best case return is a 2nd and a prospect. It doesn't sound like there's a huge market for him right now, it seems like everyone is in on Ferland right now. He's most comparable to a guy like Boedker, a guy putting up good numbers in an inflated role on a bad team. He brought back a 2nd, a meh prospect and a cap dump as a rental IIRC.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
You lost the Flames fans at Andersson, forget about the 2nd 1st. Stone is great but you’re talking about a rental, not Chabot!

A late 1st to get rid of Neal's atrocious contract i dont think would be enough and solid prospect +1st vs Stone would probably be the asking price if Ottawa trade him,so OP asking price is right on.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
There will be plenty of suitors.

If the gms were smart they would know that Ottawa has the option of getting some value out of him or letting him walk for free

They dont have much leverage when they're not even a playoff team lol

Little + for duchene would be a good trade .
They get a decent 2c who's on a reasonable contract and a couple future pieces

Ite not insulting when he could walk away for nothing

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If the gms were smart they would know that Ottawa has the option of getting some value out of him or letting him walk for free

They dont have much leverage when they're not even a playoff team lol

Little + for duchene would be a good trade .
They get a decent 2c who's on a reasonable contract and a couple future pieces

Ite not insulting when the could walk away for nothing

Agree, if only they were smart as an average HFB poster :laugh:

Reactions: Homesick

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Agree, if only they were smart as an average HFB poster :laugh:

So you disagree that spending more than you have to is a smart business model?

Peter chiarelli was an NHL gm. He ruined the Oilers. That's your argument? Lol

It's not rocket appliances

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So you disagree that spending more than you have to is a smart business model?

Peter chiarelli was an NHL gm. He ruined the Oilers. That's your argument? Lol

You presented a scenario that is so out of touch with reality it makes no sense to discuss it any further.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ite not insulting when he could walk away for nothing

You do know there's 31 NHL teams though right? The choice isn't between taking an underwhelming return from the Jets or letting him walk for free. There are other teams bidding and (surely) other offers on the table to pick from.

Your post lacks that basic logic.

Reactions: Homesick

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets would be overpaying.
Brossoit, Perreault and 1st round pick is too much.

Perreault or Roslovic and a 2 round pick and we are talking.

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
To Jets: Matt Duchene (2 Millions retained), 2019 5th round pick.

To Sens: 2019 1st round pick, 2o2o 3rd round pick, Nic Petan, Logan Stanley

Fair or god awful?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
The two most likely scenarios for Duchene are:

1. Ottawa takes the best offer they get at the TDL and he'll be traded as a rental at the deadline and head to UFA, choosing where he'll play next. There won't be 30 teams looking at him.

2. Ottawa doesn't get what they want at the TDL and hold onto Duchene and he goes UFA in the summer, choosing where he'll play next.

I think it is one of the two options.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think that's pretty close to what we could get for Duchene without retaining (and you know if that's an option cheap Sens ownership would take the other deal).

So not quite fair, but definitely not god awful.

Also, as mentioned in another thread. Jets fans don't seem thrilled with the idea of adding Duchene for whatever reason, I think they'd rather make a move for a Brassard type as a pure rental (Jets fans, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on this one).

Reactions: irunthepeg

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I think that's pretty close to what we could get for Duchene without retaining (and you know if that's an option cheap Sens ownership would take the other deal).

So not quite fair, but definitely not god awful.

Also, as mentioned in another thread. Jets fans don't seem thrilled with the idea of adding Duchene for whatever reason, I think they'd rather make a move for a Brassard type as a pure rental (Jets fans, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on this one).

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That is quite a lot for a rental, even of Duchene's calibre. I'd be more comfortable taking Stanley out of that offer.

Honest question here. What is Petan at this point? I liked him coming out of junior, but right now he looks like the definition of a tweener player who just isn't quite good enough for the NHL. Is there still any hope this kid can pan out as a top-six forward?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Not god awful, probably fair value wise, but as a Sens fan, I can't say its that enticing. The only thing to likely come out of that is a late 1st pick. I don't see the 3rd, Petan, or Stanley amounting to all that much.

Probably see if any team would bite at a 1st + good prospect

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not god awful but I dont think the Sens would have almost any interest

The 1st is appealing... Petan is meh, Stanley is okay but not a main piece and not in a position of need, 3rd is meh... we would get a better offer elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad