Proposal: Duchene to Winnipeg, Stone to Calgary, Dzingel & Pageau to Edmonton, Ceci to Minnesota

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
You're not wrong on your first 3 points, but I don't see how that leads to those three walking for nothing.

Dealt for minimal returns and next to money coming back? Sure.
Outright walking away in the summer? Not a chance in hell.

Yeah I was just twisting the knife a bit at the end.

Probably not the case - but I doubt they'll trade all 3 by the deadline.

Even if no one signs by then.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Let me rephrase, you definitely don't get a potential lottery 1st for that package. Teams don't trade mid to high 1sts for lesser parts. Hell, I don't even know if teams with lower 1sts would trade a 1st for a collection of lesser assets. Speaking generally, teams don't like trading 1st round picks for quantity. If you're offering quantity, you'll get quantity.

I think you could get 2 2nds and a solid prospect for a package of Pageau and Dzingel, which is more valuable than a late 1st. I just don't think teams would want to trade a late 1st over 2 2nds and a solid prospect, even if the latter package is more valuable.

My bad. I misunderstood

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
1. The Hossa trade to PIT as it included a 1st, and their most recent 1st +
2. 1st + 3rd + Gustavsson for Brassard
3. Alex Burrows

That said, it wasn't my proposal. I just wanted to see if it could be answered. lol

You get a great rental in Dzingle, who is worth at least a 2nd (likely more), and then a solid 3C with term.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but OTT would definitely get a 1st+ for a package of Pageau and Dzingle.

Both Dzingel and Pageau will both gets 1sts.

Pageau is criminally underrated. He's one of best players.

Reactions: SensFactor

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
1. The Hossa trade to PIT as it included a 1st, and their most recent 1st +
2. 1st + 3rd + Gustavsson for Brassard
3. Alex Burrows

That said, it wasn't my proposal. I just wanted to see if it could be answered. lol

1. The Hossa trade to PIT was in 2008 .... which kinda proves my point?
- Can Dorion get two different teams to do what no one has done in a decade? (No)
- I also said "for a single player" & PIT got Dupuis in the deal as well (disqualified).

2. The return on Brassard was exactly as predicted .... not great?

- They traded a 2018 3rd & received a 2019 3rd in that deal (so no 3rd gained).
- The 2019 3rd from PIT will be 15-20 spots worse then the 64th pick they traded (loss).
- The trade looks way better in hindsight (Brassard dropped off a cliff in PIT).

3. The Alex Burrows trade was not a cap-dump in any way (1 for 1 cap-dump)?
- Dorion thought trading a prospect for Burrows would improve the team.
- Burrows was on an expiring contract with a less than $1,000,000 left to pay.
- Dorion re-signed Burrows that summer (do people re-sign cap-dumps?).
- It was just a bad trade & signing by Dorion.

You still have three questions to answer my friend ....

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
1. The Hossa trade to PIT was in 2008 .... which kinda proves my point?
- Can Dorion get two different teams to do what no one has done in a decade? (No)
- I also said "for a single player" & PIT got Dupuis in the deal as well (disqualified).

2. The return on Brassard was exactly as predicted .... not great?

- They traded a 2018 3rd & received a 2019 3rd in that deal (so no 3rd gained).
- The 2019 3rd from PIT will be 15-20 spots worse then the 64th pick they traded (loss).
- The trade looks way better in hindsight (Brassard dropped off a cliff in PIT).

3. The Alex Burrows trade was not a cap-dump in any way (1 for 1 cap-dump)?
- Dorion thought trading a prospect for Burrows would improve the team.
- Burrows was on an expiring contract with a less than $1,000,000 left to pay.
- Dorion re-signed Burrows that summer (do people re-sign cap-dumps?).
- It was just a bad trade & signing by Dorion.

You still have three questions to answer my friend ....

The first two were answered. The third... was flimsy at best. Either way, you've proven to be unreasonable.

Reality

Jan 30, 2019
I dont think this person knows what hockey trading is. It not going into nhl 17 and making the cpu take all trade you offer.

Comeeee back to earth

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Holy Jesus what kind of **** are people smoking these days. That Stone to Flames proposal is extremely ******ed. You should have some common sense before posting this. What about Stone- Monahan 1for1.
I hope you aren't serious....

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If Matt is indeed traded I hope they get an absolute haul for him. The only guy who could be available and is anywhere close to as good as he is is the guy on the same team. If the Sens play this right they could set themselves up pretty damn well for the future. their drafting has always been outstanding, so getting a lot of ammunition for their scouts is what they should aim for.

if they opt to trade them, Duchene, Stone and Dzingel should all return 2019 1st rounders with ease, and then Stone and Duchene should garner plenty on top of that as well, especially if Ottawa allows them to talk about an extension with their new team. please don't f*** it up Melnyk and Dorion and build on the foundation of Chabot, Brady, Lajoie, Batherson, Formenton ...

Reality

Jan 30, 2019
At the trade deadline not getting close to that value with out conditions on the trades. As its a rental player

Last edited:

Reality

Jan 30, 2019
Dzingel Not bring a first round

Duchene could be first with Potential
Prospect or 2prospect with 2 round truning to 1 if past second round etc

Stone not bring what you people are asking Ottawa fan are over ranking him yes hes a good star but nothing big. Its most likly a 1 with High Prospect and medium Prospect as a base line with more than likely conditional trade factors like resign or making to final etc

Hes a rental not getting Stone with 2 or 3years

Reactions: Flair Hay

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He’s a bottom 6 player. If your team has Pageau in the top 6, your team sucks
Lots of good teams have Pageau type players in the top 6. Heck, we have Frolik in ours. I like him, but he's a third liner in reality.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lots of good teams have Pageau type players in the top 6. Heck, we have Frolik in ours. I like him, but he's a third liner in reality.
Eh, I dunno know about that. Maybe a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but other than last year (which I am willing to write off due to his broken face), Frolik has been a pretty consistent half a point per game two-way player since leaving the Hawks (he was that before Chicago too).

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Eh, I dunno know about that. Maybe a 2nd/3rd line tweener, but other than last year (which I am willing to write off due to his broken face), Frolik has been a pretty consistent half a point per game two-way player since leaving the Hawks (he was that before Chicago too).
Don't get me wrong. I like Frolik, but he's played on good lines. I agree he's a middle six player. Just think people sleep on Pageau a bit. He's never played with anyone and is a good all around player. You win with guys like him and Frolik. That said, neither guy is anywhere close to landing a 1st in a trade. Also the Flames should be looking for another Bennett/Ferland type, not another Frolik IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't get me wrong. I like Frolik, but he's played on good lines. I agree he's a middle six player. Just think people sleep on Pageau a bit. He's never played with anyone and is a good all around player. You win with guys like him and Frolik. That said, neither guy is anywhere close to landing a 1st in a trade. Also the Flames should be looking for another Bennett/Ferland type, not another Frolik IMO.
I would put Frolik a bit higher than Pageau personally, but otherwise I agree with everything you said.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
If Matt is indeed traded I hope they get an absolute haul for him. The only guy who could be available and is anywhere close to as good as he is is the guy on the same team. If the Sens play this right they could set themselves up pretty damn well for the future. their drafting has always been outstanding, so getting a lot of ammunition for their scouts is what they should aim for.

if they opt to trade them, Duchene, Stone and Dzingel should all return 2019 1st rounders with ease, and then Stone and Duchene should garner plenty on top of that as well, especially if Ottawa allows them to talk about an extension with their new team. please don't **** it up Melnyk and Dorion and build on the foundation of Chabot, Brady, Lajoie, Batherson, Formenton ...

The thing is Ottawa isnt in that grant of a place to negotiate

If teams dont want to over pay they dont have to and duchene could walk away for free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad