Proposal: Duchene to Winnipeg, Stone to Calgary, Dzingel & Pageau to Edmonton, Ceci to Minnesota

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Sign this Jets fan up. I'd love to add Duchene. Stanely is a question mark, but he's progressed quite well since the draft. Given Chevy's history at the draft, especially in the 1st round, I'm still a believer at this point. Think he maxes out at a 2nd pair Dman 3/4. Gigantic, physical and his skating has improved each year. Petan a lot of the analytical fans are screaming for him to be in the line up. I know slim to none about analytics, but from my understanding his are nothing but positive. He's been burried by our fwd depth and could see him bust out offensively if given the chance - that's just not going to happen in WPG. still very much boom or bust for him. AHL numbers are great, junior numbers are fantastic. There's just no way you're going to have the chance to shine playing 5 mins a night on the 4th line.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jets would be overpaying.
Brossoit, Perreault and 1st round pick is too much.

Perreault or Roslovic and a 2 round pick and we are talking.
If Little didn’t have that NMC, I’d definitely trade him over Perreault

Last edited:

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I think that's pretty close to what we could get for Duchene without retaining (and you know if that's an option cheap Sens ownership would take the other deal).

So not quite fair, but definitely not god awful.

Also, as mentioned in another thread. Jets fans don't seem thrilled with the idea of adding Duchene for whatever reason, I think they'd rather make a move for a Brassard type as a pure rental (Jets fans, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on this one).
Not a fan of giving up a 1st for a pure rental, as the Jets won’t be able to afford to extend Duchene, assuming he was willing to. (Now if we could get Little to waive his NMC, that would change things)
Yes, I’d love to add Duchy for a playoff run, he’s always been one of my favourite players, but at the price he’d cost, I don’t see Winnipeg being in the mix.
With the threat of Trouba leaving, that 1st can be used in better ways.

Reactions: Peggy

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Not a fan of giving up a 1st for a pure rental, as the Jets won’t be able to afford to extend Duchene, assuming he was willing to. (Now if we could get Little to waive his NMC, that would change things)
Yes, I’d love to add Duchy for a playoff run, he’s always been one of my favourite players, but at the price he’d cost, I don’t see Winnipeg being in the mix.
With the threat of Trouba leaving, that 1st can be used in better ways.
Or recouped at the draft :naughty:

SenatorJoey

Jan 15, 2019
To Jets: Matt Duchene (2 Millions retained), 2019 5th round pick.

To Sens: 2019 1st round pick, 2o2o 3rd round pick, Nic Petan, Logan Stanley

Fair or god awful?

As a sens fan I feel like its decent trade but id add a quality player to this trade and it would be good.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You do know there's 31 NHL teams though right? The choice isn't between taking an underwhelming return from the Jets or letting him walk for free. There are other teams bidding and (surely) other offers on the table to pick from.

Your post lacks that basic logic.

You're understanding of my argument lacks comprehension
Just because you dont udnetatabd it doesnt mean there isnt any rationale behind it

If other gms wants to be the fools to over pay then let them
That doesnt mean you have to over pay because there are gms like chiarelli
What other gms want to do isnt any concern of the jets and shouldn't be

A smart gm should know that

Bryan little + is reasonable considering duchene is leaving in months. It's not like the jets would be offering a plug that costs too much either

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You presented a scenario that is so out of touch with reality it makes no sense to discuss it any further.

I dont know what makes you think you should be so arrogant

I changed mp to little
If Ottawa doesnt accept any trades then duchene walks away for free
Just like tavares with the islanders

Just sounds like you want to be an ass than have a productive conversation

SenatorJoey

Jan 15, 2019
I would not want the Jets to overpay for Duchene to just have him walk like that piece of **** Stastny.

Overpaying for rentals is stupidity.

Jets have bright future maybe Duchene doesnt have to be a rental? Also Statsny is not greatest player compared to Duchene.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Bryan little + is reasonable considering duchene is leaving in months. It's not like the jets would be offering a plug that costs too much either

Reasonable for who? Because it's definitely not the Sens.

Why is a rebuilding team looking to add a 31 year old owed $25+ million over the next 6 years?

The Senators will take one of the many offers that will be on the table with picks and prospects involve and won't saddle themselves to an older player on a big contract. It really doesn't seem too complicated to understand.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jets have bright future maybe Duchene doesnt have to be a rental? Also Statsny is not greatest player compared to Duchene.
But he fit into the team perfectly.
Chances of finding that kind of chemistry mesh again is very unlikely.
Only way Duchene isn’t a rental is if Jets move out salary. Little would be best, but he has a NMC. Perreault is another option, but he brings a lot of versatility to the team.
Honestly, with needing to sign who they need to sign, I don’t see adding Duchene at 8(+)m per yr an option.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Reasonable for who? Because it's definitely not the Sens.

Why is a rebuilding team looking to add a 31 year old owed $25+ million over the next 6 years?

The Senators will take one of the many offers that will be on the table with picks and prospects involve and won't saddle themselves to an older player on a big contract. It really doesn't seem too complicated to understand.

I didnt realize having a center who puts up ~45 points a season for ~5 million is a big contract these days when the salary cap goes up every year

Having vets around your young players is good for a rebuild
You dont just go all young

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I didnt realize having a center who puts up ~45 points a season for ~5 million is a big contract these days when the salary cap goes up every year

Having vets around your young players is good for a rebuild
You dont just go all young

You're obviously unaware of the Senators issues.

Little also has a NTC and wouldn't waive for Ottawa, so it's a moot point regardless.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
LOL

A 30 point 3C having having a tough time after a serious injury will not get a 1st round pick. Especially at 3.1 million

When's the last time you watched him play? 1 point in 8 games for him isn't very good at all, but its way more than just stats with him. The team's GAA was 3.95 until he came back, and its 2.37 since he's been back (small sample size, and Nilsson could be a factor, but still significant). One of the best shutdown centres in the game. Could probably fetch a late 1st from a contender (he is a really good playoff performer as well). His impact on a teams' defensive game would be significant. But he's far from having a tough time considering his role.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You're obviously unaware of the Senators issues.

Little also has a NTC and wouldn't waive for Ottawa, so it's a moot point regardless.

Regardless

Little plus assets is a decent offer if mp plus assets is a reasonable one

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I get the Jets are (rumoured to be) seeking a 2nd line C to hopefully mesh with Laine. How do people view Duchesne's game as a fit for Laine?

And I still dont get what happens with Little? A third line of Perrault - Lowry - Little? Little centering a 4th line of Lemieux - Little - Roslovic?

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I get the Jets are (rumoured to be) seeking a 2nd line C to hopefully mesh with Laine. How do people view Duchesne's game as a fit for Laine?

And I still dont get what happens with Little? A third line of Perrault - Lowry - Little? Little centering a 4th line of Lemieux - Little - Roslovic?
Ideally he agrees to waive his NMC and gets moved out at the draft.

SenatorJoey

Jan 15, 2019
But he fit into the team perfectly.
Chances of finding that kind of chemistry mesh again is very unlikely.
Only way Duchene isn’t a rental is if Jets move out salary. Little would be best, but he has a NMC. Perreault is another option, but he brings a lot of versatility to the team.
Honestly, with needing to sign who they need to sign, I don’t see adding Duchene at 8(+)m per yr an option.

Very true Duchene is expensive only time will tell but I hear alot of interest from the jets

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Can really only speak to his time in Ottawa, but the best chemistry he's had with a player was Hoffman, another shoot first type. He also likes to move the puck up ice himself, something that would seemingly mesh well with Laine who would be able to play his game and slide into the soft spots on the ice for scoring chances.

On-ice I think he'd be a great fit for the Jets, and Laine specifically. I understand the hesitation to move a top-pick (and probably prospect) for a rental so soon after moving one for Stasny though, even though I think he's a MUCH better player and fit than a guy like Brassard (for example).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Don't think the Jets are going to give up their 1st this year. They are arguably the best 1st round drafting team in the league.

I think they are going to go for a center like Brassard, who won't cost a 1st round pick, and the Pens will have no problem shipping him to the West.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Don't think the Jets are going to give up their 1st this year. They are arguably the best 1st round drafting team in the league.

I think they are going to go for a center like Brassard, who won't cost a 1st round pick, and the Pens will have no problem shipping him to the West.
This is where I see it going as well.
Especially considering the Jets past, and rumoured current, interest in Brassard.
Though, personally, I don’t think he’d really do anything for the team. Might as well just keep Little at 2C and save the assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad