Injury Report: Dubinsky to IR (UPDATE: Off IR; Returning 12/9 vs PHI)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
DMac's goals produced per 60 minutes at ES was 6th on the team last season and 4th on the team in 2010-11. He was 8th in this category in 2011-12 and 2013-14

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...5v5&f5=CBJ&f7=40-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...5v5&f5=CBJ&f7=40-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

While I'd certainly never label DMac as a "goal scorer", his productivity was more than acceptable for the role that he played.

In the "did you know" department, DMac was named an Asst Cptn on the Panthers.

Thanks, you beat me to it. It's the simplest retort to people who think D-Mac is a no-talent "ham and egger". The guy scores at a higher rate than most of his teammates. Discussion over.

Jesus Christ MORE DECIMALS

Math-phobia?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I just about **** the bed when I read this..

I do, however, wish we still had DMac.

Threw up in my mouth, instead.. still trying to get out the portion that aspirated into my lungs. Seriously, can we catch a break.. sacrifice the fatted cow at midnight of a full moon, on the banks of the Olentangy to relieve the dreaded curse

Of course I was thinking of Doug Maclean, not one of my fav's DMac the player. Sorry, when things go bad, I always fall back on, at least we don't still have Dougie running the show, or this would be a real ssatshtf.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hey guys, annoying fantasy hockey question incoming:

When Dubinsky gets healthy, where do you think he will play? Roughly how many minutes do you predict he will play a night? I'm looking at a site that says he played almost 19:00 minutes a night on average last season.

Just curious what kind of role he will have this year after having missed some time and maybe some of his teammates have more of an established role for the current season. Thinking about picking him up from waivers now that he's been dropped, but that means I will have both Dubinsky and Jenner who are IR players on my team. Do you think it could be worth it?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hey guys, annoying fantasy hockey question incoming:

When Dubinsky gets healthy, where do you think he will play? Roughly how many minutes do you predict he will play a night? I'm looking at a site that says he played almost 19:00 minutes a night on average last season.

Just curious what kind of role he will have this year after having missed some time and maybe some of his teammates have more of an established role for the current season. Thinking about picking him up from waivers now that he's been dropped, but that means I will have both Dubinsky and Jenner who are IR players on my team. Do you think it could be worth it?

Definitely worth the pick-up. He'll play in all situations and avg about the same minutes. IMO grabbing both of them would be a steal. If Jenner can avoid a sophomore slump he could be in for a big season, and Dubinsky is the heart and soul of the offense.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Definitely worth the pick-up. He'll play in all situations and avg about the same minutes. IMO grabbing both of them would be a steal. If Jenner can avoid a sophomore slump he could be in for a big season, and Dubinsky is the heart and soul of the offense.

My league also scores shots on goal, blocks, face off wins, big bonus for short handed points, etc. and I'm looking at his 2014 numbers and he seems to have marked up all the columns pretty good. I'm definitely going to grab him in the near future.

edit: can someone make an educated guess as to what the lines will look like with Jenner and Dubinsky healthy

major major

Feb 18, 2013
edit: can someone make an educated guess as to what the lines will look like with Jenner and Dubinsky healthy

No. :laugh:

Jenner could line up next to Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Johansen with about equal probability. Dubinsky will probably have Calvert back on his left wing, and either Jenner, Atkinson or Dano on his right.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
No. :laugh:

Jenner could line up next to Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Johansen with about equal probability. Dubinsky will probably have Calvert back on his left wing, and either Jenner, Atkinson or Dano on his right.

That's perfect, thank you!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
My league also scores shots on goal, blocks, face off wins, big bonus for short handed points, etc. and I'm looking at his 2014 numbers and he seems to have marked up all the columns pretty good. I'm definitely going to grab him in the near future.

Yes, but they'd only be valid for one period, max!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Dubi's back and here's what Bob has to say:

“Dubi, he’s our leader,†said Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who was named the NHL’s second star of the week this afternoon.

“He drives us, drives the whole team. It’s a big thing that he is back.â€

Sounds kind of like the description of a captain.

CBJorBust

Sep 27, 2006
Why isn't he the captain?

"Because they are waiting to give it to Jenner or Murray."

So dumb, they guy IS the CBJ and deserves that "C"

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Great to see he's coming back. Probably will make the trip up to see him play.

Gotta think that Johansen will benefit a ton by having Dubi back. Opposition coaches won't be able to focus only on the first line anymore. The Jackets will now have an NHL first line, an NHL second line, an AHL first line and an ECHL first line.

thebus2288*

Why isn't he the captain?

"Because they are waiting to give it to Jenner or Murray."

So dumb, they guy IS the CBJ and deserves that "C"

I really don't understand how it hasn't happened yet.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Great to see he's coming back. Probably will make the trip up to see him play.

Gotta think that Johansen will benefit a ton by having Dubi back. Opposition coaches won't be able to focus only on the first line anymore. The Jackets will now have an NHL first line, an NHL second line, an AHL first line and an ECHL first line.

I have to admit that made me laugh.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I really don't understand how it hasn't happened yet.

My theory is that they want to give the C to someone who isn't quite as intense as Dubi. He's definitely the top leader on this team, which is great, but he's also the type that could burn out the room when things aren't going well. That would be quite the awkward situation if he was wearing a C. Giving the C to Jenner instead doesn't mean Dubi is less of a leader.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Great timing too. Tough stretch coming up. Philly tonight should be the easiest of the next 8.

Will probably take him a few games to get going but the emotional lift he brings should be huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad