Injury Report: Dubinsky to IR (UPDATE: Off IR; Returning 12/9 vs PHI)

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
So now we get to start the season with 4-5 AHLers in our line-up. Fantastic! Granted, they are better AHLers then we have had in the past.

So, any bets on when we will be at 8-9 AHLers like in seasons past?

This injury thing with this team is just mind boggling

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am not at all sure that classifying Dano, Wennberg and Chaput as "AHLers" is fair to them. For all we know (and hope?) they are rookie NHLers.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Guys. It just wouldn't be the Blue Jackets without continual gratuitous misery. Y'all know this. :)

We'll get through it, I'm sure. It's annoying, but we've got the depth to get by.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5m5 minutes ago

Injury woes continue in #CBJ. Told Dubinsky is out indefinitely and not available to start #NHL season. Possible long term situation

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 6m6 minutes ago

#CBJ Brandon Dubinsky had abdominal surgery this a.m. in Philadelphia. Expected to miss 6 weeks, Richards said.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I responded with optimism. Clearly this means I tempted Fate. Sorry, guys. :( ;)

Well, at least the Hockey Gods were nice enough to wait until AFTER the Johansen contract was done... :facepalm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This season is off the rails before it's even started. I hope that Jarmo is burning up the phone lines right now. A fast start might be a stretch.

I'm sure there are lots of teams looking to get rid of a Dubi replacement caliber guy the day the season starts. Jarmo should be able to close a deal by this weekend. :sarcasm:

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
This season is off the rails before it's even started. I hope that Jarmo is burning up the phone lines right now. A fast start might be a stretch.

Might be a trial by fire for some of the young guys. I'd expect Rychel or some of the other young guys will likely be in columbus sooner rather than later. If the team can tread water around .500 for the first month in a half, that might be the best we can hope for, barring any spectacular deals.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What exactly was wrong/ Abdominal surgery? Hernia? Annoying that no details are given at all.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
And I agree there is no reason to panic. We have conscientiously been building depth. Now is the time to use it. Johanson, Anisimov, Letestu, Chaput up the middle is not bad. Dano? Wennberg? Let's see what they can do.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If the team can tread water around .500 for the first month in a half, that might be the best we can hope for, barring any spectacular deals.

Only 5 of the first 13 games are against a playoff team from last year. Frankly, it's the best time for being short so many important players.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I do, however, wish we still had DMac.

I think Jarmo is probably regretting letting DMac go. Jarmo wanted flexibility, and boy is he going to get it. Half our forward group is going to be on two-way deals.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What exactly was wrong/ Abdominal surgery? Hernia? Annoying that no details are given at all.

Who cares; but we were given details. I don't care what it was. What I care about is.

1. Is he ok? He seems to be
2. Is it career threatening? Doesn't seem to be.

The rest of it is, frankly, none of our business.

Sucks that he, Horton, and Jenner and maybe Murray are all out. That's a lot to overcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad