Injury Report: Dubinsky to IR (UPDATE: Off IR; Returning 12/9 vs PHI)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The rest of it is, frankly, none of our business..

I know they don't owe us anything, but still, it'd be nice if they adopted a policy that didn't make the North Korea Ministry of Information seem open and forthcoming with details by comparison.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Part of me wonders if Penner feels insulted that he (probably) hasn't received any offers despite all of these preseason injuries. Part of me thinks he doesn't give two ***** and he's enjoying being rich.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know they don't owe us anything, but still, it'd be nice if they adopted a policy that didn't make the North Korea Ministry of Information seem open and forthcoming with details by comparison.

RWZHF6Bwbc7VMgIHMMLFf9vrUZx7cNvtGCijKAYHPOnucvms5SbFm5MNjix8V3kVJ8bWYQLgKTRb5jVmeACZvo19=s200

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Frankly this was not even worth the effort to read. We know he had surgery, where the area was, and how long he's out. Your comparison is just downright silly. Actually beyond silly.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
...and Gaborik. Something is amiss with the strength and conditioning program.

Boll, Gaborik, Horton... All of those guys have had injury issues going back many years, to previous teams even. I think if the Jackets have more than the normal rate of guys with major core injuries, it might be because Jarmo has shown a willingness to acquire injury-prone players.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Boll, Gaborik, Horton... All of those guys have had injury issues going back many years, to previous teams even. I think if the Jackets have more than the normal rate of guys with major core injuries, it might be because Jarmo has shown a willingness to acquire injury-prone players.

Prout too, right?

He didn't acquire Prout, Boll, or Savard.

And I'm not as familiar with injury issues for Cracknell, Hjalmarsson, Hartnell, etc.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Prout too, right?

He didn't acquire Prout, Boll, or Savard.

And I'm not as familiar with injury issues for Cracknell, Hjalmarsson, Hartnell, etc.

Prout's not on Jarmo, but Boll I think is. He gave him a huge extension despite Boll's inability to stay in the lineup (or play competent hockey, but let's leave that aside).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
YOU get a sports hernia! And YOU get a sports hernia! And YOU get a sports hernia! Everybody is getting sports hernias!!!

Screen-Shot-2014-04-25-at-11.44.35-AM-640x305.jpg

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I had hernia surgery in November. Couldn't skate again until February, though I know my recovery time is nowhere near the same level as a professional athlete.

Hope Dubinsky recovers quickly and gets to 100%. The last thing we need is half the year without him.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I can only hope that halfway through the season we can say "Dubi's injury was a blessing in disguise because ______"

IHeartZherdev*

I think Jarmo is probably regretting letting DMac go. Jarmo wanted flexibility, and boy is he going to get it. Half our forward group is going to be on two-way deals.

I doubt Jarmo has even given a second though to DMac since the end of last season. Dime a dozen player.

Even with all the injuries it's not as if DMac could have played up in the lineup or contributed anything more than his usual ham-and-egger duties. Guy had no versatility and the hands of a stone gargoyle. Even though Testy is a bottom six player, he at least has the skills and ability to play up in the lineup or even contribute on a PP if guys are out with injury.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I doubt Jarmo has even given a second though to DMac since the end of last season. Dime a dozen player.

Perhaps. However we brought back Skille.

As far as the last part, MacKenzie might not be anything close to an all-star but your player evaluation skills are total crap.

thebus2288*

Dime a dozen player.

Even with all the injuries it's not as if DMac could have played up in the lineup or contributed anything more than his usual ham-and-egger duties. Guy had no versatility and the hands of a stone gargoyle.

I don't agree with a lot of what you say but I'm with ya on this 1. I think you refer/consider too many guys as "ham-and-eggers", but Mackenzie def is 1 of those guys.

Perhaps. However we brought back Skille.

As far as the last part, MacKenzie might not be anything close to an all-star but your player evaluation skills are total crap.

Even Skille is on a whole different level offensively when it comes to Mackenzie. That says a lot right there. I also think Mack's worth to our team the last couple years, or if he were still on the team, is way overblown. We have plenty of guys(Dubi, Anisimov, Foligno, Letestu, Calvert, Jenner) who can play the PK just as good or better than him while bringing an offensive element that he cant bring. The amount of defensively capable forwards/centers we have is the reason we have no use for him. One guy I've left out so far thats the kicker is Chaput. Personally, besides a little extra speed and "tenacity", I think Chaput is a way better option than Mackenzie.

I second this.

I normally agree with a lot you have to say, and agree that most of the time IHZ is pretty terrible at evaluations but I think he's right about Mackenzie. Tropp and Mackenzie ARE "ham and eggers". No use on our team at all. In 2006 they would have helped us but not now. Letestu, Boll, Skille, Dano, Gibbons, Rychel, Anderson, hell even probably Cracknell are all better options.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
DMac's goals produced per 60 minutes at ES was 6th on the team last season and 4th on the team in 2010-11. He was 8th in this category in 2011-12 and 2013-14

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...5v5&f5=CBJ&f7=40-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...5v5&f5=CBJ&f7=40-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

While I'd certainly never label DMac as a "goal scorer", his productivity was more than acceptable for the role that he played.

In the "did you know" department, DMac was named an Asst Cptn on the Panthers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad