Dubby 6 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
No ****ing way.

Dubnyk gave that ****ing game away.

They could have played better, but the goalie is the one who ****ed it all up. This is on him. And him alone.

Literally couldn't stop a beach ball right now.

Our forwards do turn over the puck way too much. Doesn't excuse Dubnyk, but its not a lie.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Positives:
-Eakins continues to let the kids play the minutes.
-Team's 5-on-5 play infinitely better than last year thus far.

Negatives:
-way too many giveaways
-horrific goaltending.
-horrendous goaltending
-atrocious goaltending

But...what can MacT do at this point???

They could recall Bachman, who outplayed LaBarbera in the pre-season, and give him a game???
Sign Bryzgalov???

Goalie trade market won't have much right now....Ducks won't trade Hiller or Fasth within the division at this point of the season. Blues don't trust Halak's health to deal Elliott at this point. Sabres won't deal Miller YET and he has a No-trade.

MacT had his chances to get a decent goalie in the summer. Infinately more difficult now, and much more costly. Other teams can smell blood. This may turn out to be a fireable offence, IMO.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
never wanted to single out any player, but...Dubnyk sucks:(

and guymez out to lunch on his observations.:laugh: I really have to question if you are here for comic relief, or do you believe what you type?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Oilers are well on their way to digging a hole..

1-3-1

Just sickening

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly didn't think that's a penalty, he was hit in the back. Not a cross check, not a hit to the head, he's got to be stronger on his skates than that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They outplayed Leafs huge Sucknyk 4 weak goals against , we did not deserve to lose this one not even remotely.

Again...this putrid team defense has to stop. Maybe losing will help them to tighten things up.

Winning games like that wont help. Thats why I think they got what they deserved.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Dubnyk really sucked tonight, but lets not give the D a pass. Their coverage was spotty on a few goals.

Apart from that, man Dubnyk...I don't even know what to say. Maybe a conditioning stint in the AHL might help his confidence? I dunno.

We played well. Dominated the FO circle. Were ok on board battles. Created good offense.

You can't give up 4 GA/game and expect to win. That needs to improve one way or another.

You can't stint him, he's not injured.

You waive him, cause no team will pick him up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Classic Oiler hockey. All offense and garbage defence.

Exciting to watch but in the end it rarely wins.

Yes Dubnyk needs to be much better but so does the team defence.

The Oilers deserved to lose this game.

If they play this way on the road trip they will be lucky to win 2 games.

Surely you're not serious about this post. The Oilers carried the play for the majority of this game. The D wasn't airtight but it was certainly good enough to win this one in regulation.
This was all on Dumpnyk as was the Winnipeg game. That was 2 games that the Oilers were the better team and absolutely deserved to win and got ECHL level goaltending.

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton
Oh yeah, it was Conklin in game 1 after Roli went down, not Jussi...

No, but it's certainly past my bed time now (5 AM here). And seeing Markkanen play against my hometown team in Friday must have totally stirred my brain. :laugh:

Crazy, I didn't even know Jussi was playing again. Good on him after his personal tragedy. Maybe the Oil should bring him back - couldn't be worse than what we saw tonight.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yup Dubnyk was bad but I saw a lot of quality scoring chances for the Leafs. The team defense was just as bad.

6GA 20saves. What is this a soccer net?

Dubnyk is a fantastic disaster out there. I can't imagine being a club knowing you need half a dozen goals every night to have a chance.

You wonder why the team D is bad?

Playing with nerves all night long.

Question who here, anybody, felt comfortable with the lead the Oilers had and Dubnyk in net?

Anybody?

No, I thought not.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
he needed to save Kadri's shot and Lupul tying goal
JVR second goal was garbage too...they needed a save and couldn't get one

Again...Dubnyk was bad. So was the team defense.

They dont resolve that by winning games like this.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
MacT had his chances to get a decent goalie in the summer. Infinately more difficult now, and much more costly. Other teams can smell blood. This may turn out to be a fireable offence, IMO.

The problem is we would've had to have given up a kings ransom to get either Schnieder or Bernier.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey

Did he?

He inquired about Schneider but the asking price was too high.
He inquired about Bryzgalov (according to Stauffer) but decided on Laberbera as a backup to push Devan.

Hard to blame MacT....yet.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Oilers are well on their way to digging a hole..

1-3-1

Just sickening

They're averaging 3.4 goals per game and only have 1 win, and even that was Labarbera who won. Dubnyk is a joke...he better not be on the team when they get back from the 6 game road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad