Dubby 6 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Do you want to have a discussion or pick out strawmen?

Arco would have 40 NHL pts a year minimum playing with the likes of Hall and RNH all year every year. Arco is a fairly ordinary player.

Clearly Eberle is much more talented than Arco but one has to note how much elevation occurs due to playing with two number one in the world players.

Is this an unreasonable point to make?

How much inflation occurs in Eberles production. We really don't know, any of us.

Lol exactly what you're doing , answer this Eberle was CHL player of the year playing in Regina so obviously he played with great players to achieve this correct can't be any other way due to your philosphy;) So lets go see who his linemates were because they should be carving out solid careers right about now because you have stated Eberle is a product of his linemates. Stawman is very correct here Replacement.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
points, yes. that doesn't make him a better player or more needed on this team.

look guys, forget it. you like danglers, I don't. we have too many of them and not enough of everything else. you're never changing my mind.

You have to mean Jordan Staal right? Because Jarred Staal would clear waivers and if someone traded Jordan Eberle for that plug they would lose their job immediately while Carolina would be jumping for joy.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lol exactly what you're doing , answer this Eberle was CHL player of the year playing in Regina so obviously he played with great players to achieve this correct can't be any other way due to your philosphy;) So lets go see who his linemates were because they should be carving out solid careers right about now because you have stated Eberle is a product of his linemates. Stawman is very correct here Replacement.

But he was drafted 22 in the draft. Late 1st round. Which is more reflective of his general worth?

This is a good, not great player. If he can be dealt at premium value for equal or better return of a player more needed on the team I would do it. Eberle value will not be higher than this. I think his value already peaked. We'll see.

Clearly we can't have the discussion on how a players stats is influenced by his teammates and you're not prepared to acknowledge that. My statement in that regard is reasonable. RNH and Hall add appreciable pts to Eberles resume.

Anyway its just discussion. If it can't be had reasonably I'll decline further response and stepdown.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Bolland/Neil over Eberle. Also, Jarrod Stall.

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

popcorn-yes.gif

EDIT: Jarrod Stall is either the fifth Staal brother, or an accidental byproduct of Jared and Jarret Stoll in a lab somewhere undisclosed in Ontario.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
But he was drafted 22 in the draft. Late 1st round. Which is more reflective of his general worth?

This is a good, not great player. If he can be dealt at premium value for equal or better return of a player more needed on the team I would do it. Eberle value will not be higher than this. I think his value already peaked. We'll see.

Clearly we can't have the discussion on how a players stats is influenced by his teammates and you're not prepared to acknowledge that. My statement in that regard is reasonable. RNH and Hall add appreciable pts to Eberles resume.

Anyway its just discussion. If it can't be had reasonably I'll decline further response and stepdown.

Please don't use this as an argument, even in jest. Wasn't Jamie Benn drafted in like the 4th round? Never mind the Zetterberg/Datsyuk argument.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

And he entered league same year as Hall lead Oilers in scoring next year with both Rnh and Hall lead team In ppg and scoring Last year plays with injury becomes a product of his linemates. And he was drafted year before CHL player of the year now go look at all the studs in the 3 junior Leagues that year and their Stud linemates.;)

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
To Edmonton
Craig Anderson 3.18mill
Zack Smith 1.88mill
Eric Gryba .56
Total$ 5.62mill

To Ottawa
Jeff Petry 1.75mill
Luke Gazdic .63
Jason Labarbera 1.00mill
Ales Hemsky(with 2.5 mill held back) 2.5 mill
Total$ 5.88mill

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
To Edmonton
Craig Anderson 3.18mill
Zack Smith 1.88mill
Eric Gryba .56
Total$ 5.62mill

To Ottawa
Jeff Petry 1.75mill
Luke Gazdic .63
Jason Labarbera 1.00mill
Ales Hemsky(with 2.5 mill held back) 2.5 mill
Total$ 5.88mill

Nope. As bad as our goaltending is, trading our best dman is a BAD idea

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Nope. As bad as our goaltending is, trading our best dman is a BAD idea

Considering you are willing to trade your 1st round pick and some prospects i can easily see you getting another player of Petry's skill or better back from another team. You can make more than 1 trade a year. Example Christian Ehrhoff from the Sabers.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Dubnyk will be better.

Pretty hard not to be? 5 gaa

I think everyone will agree with your statement. I feel like MacT answered the question about him being a legit #1 this summer. "If you are asking the question you already know the answer" maybe not word for word but something similar. I think that's the argument now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad