Dubby 6 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The team defense wasnt questionable...it was bad.

So was Dubnyk.

I say that they didnt deserve to win this game because I think that brutal defensive display would simply cement bad habits.

This team needs to grow up and learn how to win.

The team can't learn how to win when you have a goalie who is playing as bad as Dubnyk is. He either a) Needs to get his head on straight or b) Needs to get the hell out of here.

Tonight and the Winnipeg games are now two games of 5 the Oilers would win with even decent goaltending. That's 4 points that we wont get back.

Can the defense improve? Absolutely, but you would need the best defense in the league to make up for the goaltending we've gotten from our goalies this year.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
6GA 20saves. What is this a soccer net?

Dubnyk is a fantastic disaster out there. I can't imagine being a club knowing you need half a dozen goals every night to have a chance.

You wonder why the team D is bad?

Playing with nerves all night long.

Question who here, anybody, felt comfortable with the lead the Oilers had and Dubnyk in net?

Anybody?

No, I thought not.

I agree with you. And I never agree with you.

This.. This feels weird.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC

Dubnyk is a fantastic disaster out there. I can't imagine being a club knowing you need half a dozen goals every night to have a chance.

Question who here, anybody, felt comfortable with the lead the Oilers had and Dubnyk in net?

Anybody?

No, I thought not.

I wasn't. I said as much on the main board where I said Dubnyk might as well be wearing a Leafs jersey when the Oil were up 5-4.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Anybody?

No, I thought not.

I dont feel comfortable with this team regardless of who is in net because I know there are going to be a multitude of scoring chances against.

The team defense is bad because outside of Gordon and RNH the players have no idea what to do without the puck. Its part of the culture here and I really hope that Eakins can turn it around.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So how do we proceed from here? Because i don't know if we can just trade Dubnyk to anyone, he has been possibly the worst goalie in the NHL this season.

after tonights game his save% is .828.... which is 4th worst in the league and the 2nd worst for any goalie with more than 1 GP... yes, easily the worst goalie in the league right now

the oilers have 3 more points already this season if we have even average goaltending

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton
Let's not forget that free 2 man advantage for giving JVR a penalty on a clean play, and that fake high stick on Hall?

If anyone's to blame for the loss, it's your goalie/lack of D. Lupul almost won the game at the end of regulation..

And Kadri's dive right before Hall's embellishment.

Honestly, I'm not disagreeing with you. There have been many games with better officiating than this one. But not calling a blatant penalty that leads to a 3 on 1 in OT is pretty inexcusable.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Dubnyk was indescribably terrible tonight............................

Now the MacT head shake gif...that will be legendary.

Not just tonight, all the 4 games he's played this year he didn't give the oilers a chance to win.

And some people here didn't want Luongo, not only that i remember a lot of people was against Mac T going after Schneider.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Again...this putrid team defense has to stop. Maybe losing will help them to tighten things up.

Winning games like that wont help. Thats why I think they got what they deserved.

Your goalie is the most important defenceman think about that.

ithxan

Dec 21, 2010
Can someone tell me where the second defenceman was on that OT goal? I think it was J Shultz? And if so, Why Is he on with Belov 4on4??

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
To be fair - Leafs Bernier was garbage too. And Franson. LOL. That's the player I remember in Nashville. We could have scored another 3 more goals against their craptastic defense. Oilers need to move east :)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Wish the Oilers had somebody with a history of being defensively responsible that they could put on the ice for a face off with a one goal lead and a minute left in the game.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Did he?

He inquired about Schneider but the asking price was too high.
He inquired about Bryzgalov (according to Stauffer) but decided on Laberbera as a backup to push Devan.

Hard to blame MacT....yet.

Wont blame him on not getting Schneider. But Labarbera is an awful goalie and was never going to push Dubnyk. I don't think anyone ever thought he would be able to challenge for the #1.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The team can't learn how to win when you have a goalie who is playing as bad as Dubnyk is. He either a) Needs to get his head on straight or b) Needs to get the hell out of here.

Tonight and the Winnipeg games are now two games of 5 the Oilers would win with even decent goaltending. That's 4 points that we wont get back.

Can the defense improve? Absolutely, but you would need the best defense in the league to make up for the goaltending we've gotten from our goalies this year.

While that may be true a goalie like Rask or Renne would simply mask the main issue here.

This team has no clue how to play without the puck and they wont win until they do.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can someone tell me where the second defenceman was on that OT goal? I think it was J Shultz? And if so, Why Is he on with Belov 4on4??

Wasn't it Petry who got caught?

Nuge has 3 guys on his back at the blueline, better pinch in and open up for the pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad