Dubby 6 Oilers 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Positives:
-Eakins continues to let the kids play the minutes.
-Team's 5-on-5 play infinitely better than last year thus far.

Negatives:
-way too many giveaways
-horrific goaltending.
-horrendous goaltending
-atrocious goaltending

But...what can MacT do at this point???

They could recall Bachman, who outplayed LaBarbera in the pre-season, and give him a game???
Sign Bryzgalov???

Goalie trade market won't have much right now....Ducks won't trade Hiller or Fasth within the division at this point of the season. Blues don't trust Halak's health to deal Elliott at this point. Sabres won't deal Miller YET and he has a No-trade.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Classic Oiler hockey. All offense and garbage defence.

Exciting to watch but in the end it rarely wins.

Yes Dubnyk needs to be much better but so does the team defence.

The Oilers deserved to lose this game.

If they play this way on the road trip they will be lucky to win 2 games.

No ****ing way.

Dubnyk gave that ****ing game away.

They could have played better, but the goalie is the one who ****ed it all up. This is on him. And him alone.

Literally couldn't stop a beach ball right now.

Evets 81

Dec 29, 2012
B.C.
I have been a huge Dubnyk supporter through this... I mean, how can someone with his stat line on a bottom team the last few years not turn it around or just shake it off as one bad game? But after the same dumb moves and simple mistakes that apparently only he could make night in and night out, I am now quickly turning.. I mean, why in the world would he not freeze the puck when he has it in his glove with 30 seconds left?

MacT's expression after that says it all. We need a goalie. NOW. Sit Dubnyk, get him away from this team, he is doing nothing but killing any confidence and momentum they are gaining.

Every goalie is going to let in some bad goals. Every goalie will have a bad game. But Dubnyk has shown ABSOLUTELY NO SIGN of any progression back to his form from last season.

/rantover.

Other than that, the rest of the team played well. Made up quite nicely for Dubnyk's errors and kept them in this game until the very end.

Arcobello is snakebitten..:laugh: He just cannot get that first goal, but he is definitely playing well enough so it shouldn't be a problem.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No offense. But I'm so ****ing tired of fans coming in here after the Oilers lose and telling us how good we are going to be.

This team has been garbage for years, don't need pity from other fans after you beat us.

I just finished telling my wife that the Oilers would find a way to lose this game with 2 minutes left.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Absolutely ridiculous observation.

Dubs can't stop a beachball.

Thats the whole story here.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
So how do we proceed from here? Because i don't know if we can just trade Dubnyk to anyone, he has been possibly the worst goalie in the NHL this season.

Gotta send him to the minors, free up some cap space with other moves, and sign a guy like Bryzgalov to a 1.5m contract.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maybe it's just the emotions talking, but since Yak is not getting a fair shake, why don't we deal him for a decent net minder and send Warren Score-Against-Me down to Stockton where he belongs?

That would be the height of stupidity and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. If Mac T can't find a decent goalie WITHOUT giving up a first overall forward then he isn't up to the job.

Badger Mayhew*

Second game we've played where we controlled the play and had the loser between the pipes sabotage it.

Toronto had the higher Corsi tonight, so Edmonton did not control the play.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

They outplayed Leafs huge Sucknyk 4 weak goals against , we did not deserve to lose this one not even remotely.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well, that's the second game the Oilers have lost with the Nuge coughing up the puck for an odd man rush while fishing for a penalty call.

Not good.

Kind of hard to hold on to the puck when you get punched in the back of the neck.
He wouldn't have got back in the play anyway. Pinning this on RNH is laughable, kid was outstanding tonight.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe.

Dubnyk wasn't good but watch the game again...their team defense was garbage.
That wont win many hockey games.

Yes their team defense was questionable but Dubnyk lost the game. He doesn't keep the play going at the end and it's 5-4. Game over. Trust your damn team to win the faceoff.

The first goal wasn't very good either.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Absolutely ridiculous observation.

Dubs can't stop a beachball.

Thats the whole story here.

Yup Dubnyk was bad but I saw a lot of quality scoring chances for the Leafs. The team defense was just as bad.

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton
What a stupid comment. Do good goalies grow on trees? Is one going to drop out of the sky for us? Go back to Toronto.

I've been a Dubnyk fan but he just doesn't have it this season. Hesitating on getting a proper goalie almost cost us a playoff spot in 2006 - we shouldn't make that mistake again. At this point, a LaBarbera/Bachman duo would be superior.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Devan Dubnyk isn't good enough. I don't know how hw tricked everyone last year, but he's not good enough, time to call Rich Winter

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Priceless to see Curly and Lowe with stupid looks on their face right after the OT goal.

MacT knew this team needed a bonafide goalie and did not get one. If not having a decent goalie costs this team the playoffs, it is on the GM.

And he should be fired at that time.

Agreed and take a look at that ugly goals against for the Oilers and their goaltending. I don't think they can pull a rabbit out of the hat now, teams will know the Oilers are desperate. ****. Just a poor organization overall. I will say Arcobello had a great game, still not a fan however he is slowly winning me over.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Dubnyk really sucked tonight, but lets not give the D a pass. Their coverage was spotty on a few goals.

Apart from that, man Dubnyk...I don't even know what to say. Maybe a conditioning stint in the AHL might help his confidence? I dunno.

We played well. Dominated the FO circle. Were ok on board battles. Created good offense.

You can't give up 4 GA/game and expect to win. That needs to improve one way or another.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Dubnyk was indescribably terrible tonight............................

Now the MacT head shake gif...that will be legendary.
Also the triple bert stare.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes their team defense was questionable but Dubnyk lost the game. He doesn't keep the play going at the end and it's 5-4. Game over. Trust your damn team to win the faceoff.

The first goal wasn't very good either.

The team defense wasnt questionable...it was bad.

So was Dubnyk.

I say that they didnt deserve to win this game because I think that brutal defensive display would simply cement bad habits.

This team needs to grow up and learn how to win.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Markkanen was fine in 06, Conklin blew Game 1. Pressed into surprise action, wouldn't blame him too much.

Oh yeah, it was Conklin in game 1 after Roli went down, not Jussi...

Lol, I'm guessing it was past your bed time in G1 of the '06 Final.

Conklin was between the pipes after Roloson went down. Markkanen played ok the rest of the way.

No, but it's certainly past my bed time now (5 AM here). And seeing Markkanen play against my hometown team in Friday must have totally stirred my brain. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad