Speculation: Dubas watching the CGY vs OTT game tonight

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I imagine leafs look for a middle 6 forward with decent skill but good grit and a 4th liner to round out that line which Vesey and Boyd couldn’t do. Some who is tough and can drop the gloves.
The need for a presence is very evident.

I’ll come out and speculate either Bennett and Ritchie or Paul and Watson is what the leafs would target.
Paul is big but doesn’t use his size quite the way the ideal last two pieces on Toronto woul. Plus hes young and would cost a premium. Bennet is young too, but struggling and on record for requesting a trade

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well no kidding, they won the Cup. Paul is nowhere near as good as Coleman or Goodrow, and the Leafs are not a Paul away from winning a Cup either.

Are you his agent or something?
Lol at saying Paul is nowhere near as good as Goodrow

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I imagine leafs look for a middle 6 forward with decent skill but good grit and a 4th liner to round out that line which Vesey and Boyd couldn’t do. Some who is tough and can drop the gloves.
The need for a presence is very evident.

I’ll come out and speculate either Bennett and Ritchie or Paul and Watson is what the leafs would target.
Paul is big but doesn’t use his size quite the way the ideal last two pieces on Toronto woul. Plus hes young and would cost a premium. Bennet is young too, but struggling and on record for requesting a trade
FYI Watson is out at least a month. Either way, I’d be very surprised if he was traded. If so, would take a lot more than we gave up. He’s been excellent in his role.

I really don’t see a fit for anyone other than maybe Wolanin, because he’s cheap and might be something. Reilly could provide some value, but at 1.5m I feel like it’s too much for Toronto. They can/should be able to use that space better elsewhere.

Reactions: Leafs87

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Probably wasn’t scouting them. Probably just got in a day early and decided to watch a game.

He doesn't have to scout anyone, but a person to person with either GMs from CGY / OTT can get the ball rolling.

Let me ask you this:

In the last 7 years when has TOR not traded with Ottawa?

Reactions: Altimus

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
It might mean nothing, but all the hockey insiders are reporting. I think it's more than something.

My guess (obvious) is that OTT is open for business minus a couple of untouchables.

Who might fit and Dubas could pry from OTT?

TOR & OTT have been strong trade partners in the past.

Anyone from Ottawa doesn't have to go through any covid protocols.

Ya think?

I would be surprised by an incredible deal: :popcorn:

TOR
- Markström, Jacob ($6,000,000 SV% 0.905)
CGY - Andersen, Frederik ($5,000,000 SV% 0.897)

What would be the price?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Dzingel could be a good fit on the leafs. He's got good offense, is soft, doesn't have a good two way game, and fades in the playoffs.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I would be surprised by an incredible deal: :popcorn:

TOR
- Markström, Jacob ($6,000,000 SV% 0.905)
CGY - Andersen, Frederik ($5,000,000 SV% 0.897)

What would be the price?

Andersen is gone in 2 months. Leafs won't take on 5 more years of that cap..

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
It might mean nothing, but all the hockey insiders are reporting. I think it's more than something.

My guess (obvious) is that OTT is open for business minus a couple of untouchables.

Who might fit and Dubas could pry from OTT?

TOR & OTT have been strong trade partners in the past.

Anyone from Ottawa doesn't have to go through any covid protocols.

Ya think?
He was more than likely there because they play the Sens tonight. Man these writers are reaching for anything when it comes to the Leafs. It seems the Leafs are interested in every player in the NHL whether they're available or not.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Dubas is there to see if he can pry Ottawa's 4th string goalie away to shore up the Leaf's shoddy netminding. He finally realized he should have made that move last fall.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He was more than likely there because they play the Sens tonight. Man these writers are reaching for anything when it comes to the Leafs. It seems the Leafs are interested in every player in the NHL whether they're available or not.

Friedman yes.
Others No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad