Speculation: Dubas watching the CGY vs OTT game tonight

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I think it's a negotiating ploy. Trying to get a good deal from another team and showing that if that team doesn't act quickly and give him the deal he wants, he has other options. Seems simple but there are some pretty simple-minded GM's out there for him to fool.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Nesterov could be that good extra defencemen. Wouldn’t hate Reilly or Zub either.
I don't see the Sen's having any interest in moving Zub. Chose the Sens as a free agent. Has played pretty well, is inexpensive and under control for a couple more years. And is a RHD on top.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Maybe 1 of Paul, Tierney or Mangiapane, those are the 3 assets I think may help us
What are you offering for Mangiapane? It's gonna take an awful big offer to entice the Flames to trade the one bright spot this year on that team.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I don't see the Sen's having any interest in moving Zub. Chose the Sens as a free agent. Has played pretty well, is inexpensive and under control for a couple more years. And is a RHD on top.
Wishful thinking. I've been very impressed from what I've seen from him. The Sens hit a home run with him in my opinion.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think it's a negotiating ploy. Trying to get a good deal from another team and showing that if that team doesn't act quickly and give him the deal he wants, he has other options. Seems simple but there are some pretty simple-minded GM's out there for him to fool.
It's okay you can just say Jim Benning

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Wishful thinking. I've been very impressed from what I've seen from him. The Sens hit a home run with him in my opinion.
He seems like the type of D partner that can play on any pairing, with any style partner. He probably won't carry the pair, but he will make the team better when he's on the ice more often than not.

Reactions: NK94

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
He was scouting a possible first round opponent.
Ottawa.

Sorry, that was mean.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Nick Paul and Derek Grant is who I'm guessing.

Both are good defensively and good PKers well also being good on faceoffs.

The PK has been a sore spot all season and a big reason is cause of the forwards.

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
Kyle shocks the world.

Johnny hockey to play with Johnny Toronto.
You joke but I think Johny would fit perfectly with the leafs. Doesn't have to be the only 'guy' and would play really well with the leafs skill

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
We only play 6 teams all year, I think he knows what to expect without having to travel to scout them lol.

You are using scout as a verb, but if you aren't then he has a whole staff that can sit in this game and risk Covid-19.

The people tweeting that Dubas is attending the game are not click bait types.

This is something.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I've been suggesting Watson for a while but it looks like hes done for at least a month. Paul would be the other player from Ottawa that Dubas may be looking at. I dont see the Leafs looking much at Flames players tbh.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
And Dubas shouldn't be the GM that's overpaying for bottom 6 forwards.
I think Tampa Bay set a precedent last year by overpaying for players that fit the roster rather than acquiring players that are available. I think we will see this happening more often in the coming years.

It’s not like Nick Paul is a bum either, he’s one of the best players in the league at what he does. Sure he may be a third liner, but he’s one of the best in the league at that.
upload_2021-3-24_20-24-14.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad