Speculation: Dubas watching the CGY vs OTT game tonight

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Andersen is gone in 2 months. Leafs won't take on 5 more years of that cap..

Thank you for your opinion.

I was joking about CGY Markström a little, given the topic itself. I know about the term of the contract, I often use the tools from the capfriendly site. I really don't think Markström is the best candidate for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Leafs could keep such a salary if needed. It must be remembered when the contracts of the players (RFA + UFA) Leafs expire. Consider the large number of UFA players after the season.

Seriously, I think Toronto's main problem is the goalkeeper. Out of two disabled people (Andersen + Campbell), you will not get one healthy person.

Before the start of the season, I wrote about the problem of the goalkeeper in the team. Given the restrictions on the exchange of a number of players, I identified two problems for Toronto:

Signing a goalkeeper from the UFA market.
Nylander swap to lower payroll and achieve squad depth. Compensation for the loss of a player by signing a UFA player.

What happens if Andersen and Campbell get injured in the Stanley Cup? It is wise to insure yourself.
Can be additionally strengthened by the defender and the attackers (C + LW).

Dubas said he was open to trade.
It is desirable to exchange Kerfoot $ 3,500,000.

For the strengthening of all positions by the players of UFA 2021 (@ 50% Ret), you can give the maximum (1st 2021 + 2st 2021 + 2st 2022 + 3st 2022 + Team Prospects B.

Leave in the team:

Nicholas Robertson
Rasmus Sandin
Timothy Liljegren
Rodion Amirov
Mikhail Abramov

The sites assume that goalkeepers are available for exchange:

Merzlikins - Columbus UFA 2022
Khudobin - Dallas UFA 2023
Bernier - Detroit UFA 2021
Dubnyk - San Jose UFA 2021
Quick - Los Angeles UFA 2023

You will laugh, but some of the listed candidates are inferior to Markström. :)
There are other candidates as well. Some players deserve attention.

I find it helpful for the team to be strengthened by several UFA players. The total pay for players shouldn't be ruinous.
Toronto Maple Leafs must have a future.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Nick Paul would be a great fit on the Leafs, but I figure he’s probably only available for an overpay. If it was the last year of his deal, and he wasn’t re-signing, different story, but he’s signed next year too, so they likely keep him and try for an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad