Speculation: Dubas watching the CGY vs OTT game tonight

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Wanted to see how Dzingel scored 5 goals in several games first hand or Bennett.

Either one I find it hard to believe he was impressed tonight. If its Nick Paul, now thats a different story.

He shouldn't be available, but the carousel in Ottawa, who knows...

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Have you ever watched Nick Paul play? He’s a HOUND on the puck, never gives up and is an absolute moose when the puck is on his stick. Not to mention he’s a great skater to boot. Exact guy you need in the playoffs

Paul is signed at a gift of a contract for this year and next, so Toronto goes all in on Paul and they can have him for not only this years run but next also? All while he’s making only 1.35M!!?
Only problem is the ED, however if Toronto let Hyman walk Paul can be his replacement at a fraction of the cost for next season thus allowing TML to protect him.

This is the year TML has to go for it, they have a rather easy road to the ECF and once there it’s only 2 series wins away from the SC.
Don’t think you’ll find any Tampa Bay fans complaining about how they overpaid for Goodrow or Coleman.
Well no kidding, they won the Cup. Paul is nowhere near as good as Coleman or Goodrow, and the Leafs are not a Paul away from winning a Cup either.

Are you his agent or something?

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
The only players in the lineup on the Sens that could be interesting to Toronto are Dzingel, Bishop,
and Reilly. All of them could contribute in some way, but none of them are big game players I could see the leafs being really interested in. Reilly might be a smart, low cost add for some teams. Since his absolute eye-destroying start, he's been solid. Not sure how much that has to do with him being paired with Zub.

I'm thinking he was simultaneously scouting his next opponent and looking at what he might be able to pick off Calgary.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Actually a fan of both teams. As a German I have grown into a Sens fan with the drafting of Stützle. But i’ll always be a Leafs fan also.
That’s why i petition so hard for Paul, cause I know how good of a fit he’d be on the Leafs.

As much as Watson is a horrible person allegedly, he is more the sandpaper the Leafs could use.
I also don't believe Tkachuk could be pried out of Calgary

Reactions: Marner4Life

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Probably just kicking tires on something minor like Johnny + Markstrom for Nylander + Andersen lol.

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
Willy does more in the playoffs, than Johnny.
I would do Freddy for Markstrom though.
If you gave Gaudreau a center like Matthews or Tavares I think you would be pleasantly surprised how much he could get done.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Well no kidding, they won the Cup. Paul is nowhere near as good as Coleman or Goodrow, and the Leafs are not a Paul away from winning a Cup either.

Are you his agent or something?

If you actually watched him play you wouldn't have to be his agent to recognize the impact he can potentially have... did you look at this point total to give your opinion?

Impressive!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad