Prospect Info: DRW Development Camp - July 6-10, 2016

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Cholowski: I'm in love. He's perfect. But seriously, he looks like a defenseman drafted in the first round. He plays such a perfect game, every pass he makes is right on the tape to the right guy on the ice. He plays smart, his head is never looking down. It's crazy, but when he gets the puck the first thing I look at is his head, okay yeah that sounds weird but that's just how smart of a player he is. The guy plays like a part time forward too, he tries to get into the play a lot which would get him caught a lot if he wasn't such a good skater too. Even with his skating however, he did get caught a few times playing a bit too offensively, that is my only complaint however. He simply plays a perfect game. Got a ton of ice time in the second half which makes you wonder if somebody higher up wanted to see a little bit more of him. I nominate that he is now called ChillOutski, because that is how he plays the game.

Chowloski - This guy is slick as hell. Best player on the ice for me. Every pass was on the tape. No panic. Made the right play almost all the time. Even has a similar skating stride to a certain number 5.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...e-at-the-red-wings-summer-development-camp-16
Malik said:
95 Dennis Cholowski D: My goodness, what a singular entity Dennis Cholowski is. At 18 years of age and standing at 6' and 170 pounds, if that, Cholowski played with all the poise of a professional hockey player, utilizing his extremely astute positioning, vision, "four-way skating ability" and stick to make masterful moves in the offensive zone, to use his stick and his positioning to pick off opposing forwards, and he was not embarrassed by or gave a millimeter to his opponents.
Good stuff to hear. Looked through the scrimmage video a bit and I can see what people mean. He looks very calm and even when he doesn't have much time, he makes it looks like he has more than enough. And to think this is a guy that could still not be done growing and still has lots of filling out to do physically. Hopefully he can soon make people forget about the guys we didn't draft.

Sounds like some pretty mixed opinions on a lot of other guys. Was hoping Svechnikov would show a bit more. But something about the way he plays still makes me think he could make a smooth transition to pro. Saarijarvi actually kinda sounds like he's a bigger project than most of the guys we drafted this year.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Ehn looks pretty damn good.

Side note: is it pronounced how it looks or like "een"/the name "ian"?

Rix

Jul 4, 2015
I'm really not a fan of Malik's recap to be honest. He is way too forgiving of players who honestly just dissapoint, such as Bertuzzi, Svech, and maybe Nastasiuk. However from his recap you'd think all three of those players impressed, which is simply not true. He's far too charitable in his praise, and it really hurts the legitimacy of his viewings.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm really not a fan of Malik's recap to be honest. He is way too forgiving of players who honestly just dissapoint, such as Bertuzzi, Svech, and maybe Nastasiuk. However from his recap you'd think all three of those players impressed, which is simply not true. He's far too charitable in his praise, and it really hurts the legitimacy of his viewings.

I don't mind it that much. Sure, he's a smitten fanboi and I would definitely appreciate some criticism but I can live with his take. There's so little hockey news since the draft and free agency so it gives me something Red Wings related to check out.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I agree, but I think you just learn to take his evaluations with a grain of salt. That said, I dunno if I can take the phrase "speed merchant" any more.

Also, it's a shame we (as in this forum) don't have more people attend. For being hockey's future and all, you'd think we could have a healthy contingent at camp and the prospect tournament. Maybe that's the kind of thing we could organize?

Aug 6, 2012
I agree, but I think you just learn to take his evaluations with a grain of salt. That said, I dunno if I can take the phrase "speed merchant" any more.

Also, it's a shame we (as in this forum) don't have more people attend. For being hockey's future and all, you'd think we could have a healthy contingent at camp and the prospect tournament. Maybe that's the kind of thing we could organize?

I would kil to be there but work makes it tough. Really wanted to see our defenseman live, especially the dude.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I would go if I could

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Per Brendan Savage: 1-1 at Halftime of scrimmage 2. Both teams have 17 shots a piece, goals by Sadowy and Vahatalo

edit: Cholowski had an assist on the Sadowy goal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad