Value of: Drouin trades

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I always love when someone use 1 particular stat for one player (71 games for Drouin), but doesn't include that stat for their player (121 games played for Jost).

It wasn't good for your argument I suppose?
Don't forget he uses Drouins 2 worst seasons to boot and disregards the rest.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'd be down for the Drouin/Compher trade. Feel like Montreal should add something though given the $2m difference in caphit and the insecurity of the Drouin situation.
That's absurd. The Habs would never trade Drouin for a cap dump like JTC. Especially when we don't need the cap.

Obviously the Avs would be interested in this trade and obviously the Habs would consider it pure trash.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Surely you understand how ironic this post is right?

"Compher doesn't do anything useful on the ice" DROUIN ISNT EVEN ON THE ICE PERIOD.
Drouin off the ice is miles better than JTC on it. LOL

No one wants JTC. And i mean no one! You gott bet that Sakic was begging teams to take him.

New Rule - there should be a moratorium on all JTC to Montreal proposals because its trash.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Drouin off the ice is miles better than JTC on it. LOL

No one wants JTC. And i mean no one! You gott bet that Sakic was begging teams to take him.

New Rule - there should be a moratorium on all JTC to Montreal proposals because its trash.

...just so you are aware, many if not most here would say the same about the Drouin proposals...:nod:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Nah, my opinion is the only one that matters here. There should be a moratorium on anyone who disputes it! ;)
idontbelieveyou.gif

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Is he still tired of hockey and on personal leave?

Of so maybe can send to TB to ltir him until playoff.
As much as this is a meme drouin isn't a top 5 forward in the league and was already shipped from Tampa.

Tampa would always make kucherov work if healthy because he is crazy good . He came back for the playoffs on one leg and then got injured more but still was the best forward.

Not his fault he is crazy good even while playing injured .

Top Canadians and Russians will always play injured if they are allowed to. Kucherov was playing injured so can we stfu about Tampa ruining it

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I always love when someone use 1 particular stat for one player (71 games for Drouin), but doesn't include that stat for their player (121 games played for Jost).

It wasn't good for your argument I suppose?
This is a discussion board, sorry the deep statistical dive didn’t go as deep as you would have liked. I have no horse in the race, if I was the Avs GM I wouldn’t trade Drouin right now, 1 for 1 for Jost if you look at all the factors including cap hit, position, role and recent production.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I doubt Drouin is in minds of many GM's right now knowing noone knows why he was away from the play (let's ignore all the rumors).

I think GM's might wait to see how (and if) the 1st half of season goes for him. He might garner interest at TDL.

Totally agree with this assessment. Will be interesting to see how Drouin performs this season with a clear head.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
This is a discussion board, sorry the deep statistical dive didn’t go as deep as you would have liked. I have no horse in the race, if I was the Avs GM I wouldn’t trade Drouin right now, 1 for 1 for Jost if you look at all the factors including cap hit, position, role and recent production.

"It didn't go as deep as you would have liked"? Lol. I wouldn't call telling the number of games played for both players (when you point out the stat for one) a deep statistical dive. Since you did it for JT Miller too. And you also added much more stats than juste a number of games.

But I guess it wasn't helping your narrative to say that Drouin was a 0.54PPG over those 2 seasons and Jost was only at 0.33PPG.

I also don't mind about the 2 players and I think Avs 100% shouldn't do that trade. I just pointed out something you clearly left out because it would've giving a edge to Drouin in 1 category. It was disingenuous and it make it seem like you had an agenda to only pick stats to help your narrative, that's all.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
"It didn't go as deep as you would have liked"? Lol. I wouldn't call telling the number of games played for both players (when you point out the stat for one) a deep statistical dive. Since you did it for JT Miller too. And you also added much more stats than juste a number of games.

But I guess it wasn't helping your narrative to say that Drouin was a 0.54PPG over those 2 seasons and Jost was only at 0.33PPG.

I also don't mind about the 2 players and I think Avs 100% shouldn't do that trade. I just pointed out something you clearly left out because it would've giving a edge to Drouin in 1 category. It was disingenuous and it make it seem like you had an agenda to only pick stats to help your narrative, that's all.
I think you take this too serious man. Disingenuous- really some judgemental criticism on an internet hockey discussion re Drouin….maybe says more about you?

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I think you take this too serious man. Disingenuous- really some judgemental criticism on an internet hockey discussion re Drouin….maybe says more about you?

And who's taking it too serious now? I'm sorry if you can't see why, the fact that you compared points and games for Drouin/Miller but not for Drouin/Jost, feeled disingenuous (maybe I use that word wrong? English is my second language so if the word made you feel attacked, it wasn't my intention) and made it look like you wanted to find the most things to say against Drouin.

All the rest was true, but Drouin clearly have the higher PPG of those 2. Let's just say that it was a fortunate coincidence that the number of games played by Jost wasn't there.

Anyway, enough time lost on that stupid topic, I'm really sorry if me pointing out that part of your argument bottered you that much.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We need center depth so I'm very reluctantly and with tears...trade Drouin for Kadri.

Av fans can stay out of this because I'm about to be ankle bitten by Hab fans....:laugh:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Drouin + montreal's '22 and '23 unprotected 1sts for JT Miller + 4th
Nyet.

Drouin for Miller even was funny. Two first plus Dtouin is just as funny. .

The problem is that Miller is a really good player but he's FA in two years and going to hit 30. I can see a 2023 1st, maybe, but two first....nope. if this was a 26 year old Miller with 4 years to go at that salary, sure.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Drouin is massively overrated. Can't believe Bargevin traded away Sergachev to meet the hometown boy quota. Said it before the trade and continue to, Drouin was never a true talent.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Drouin still has the skill to play on the top6.

JTC has... nothing. Not even enough to be a good bottom 6er
Drouin is a horrible contract at 2 x $5.5mm. JTC is a horrible contract at 2 x $3.5mm. The equal term is the only thing that makes this trade feasible.

the only offers Drouin would fetch are swaps of bad contracts in a change of scenery deal.

Reactions: Richard88

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Drouin is a horrible contract at 2 x $5.5mm. JTC is a horrible contract at 2 x $3.5mm.

the only offers Drouin would fetch are swaps of bad contracts in a change of scenery deal.

I would argue that Drouin has strong potential to turn his value positive if he paces at top-6 production (50+ point pace - historical production when healthy) and a healthy state of mind.

I don't think JTC has the potential turn his negative value into a positive given his skill set.

Habs can't trade Drouin atm. He has to return, healthy, and play some hockey before a trade can be considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad