Value of: Drouin trades

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
Col wants to win sooner than later. Adding Drouin to the mix and having played with MacKinnon would be plus. As for the J.T. Miller option, Mtl could add a 3rd pick. Miller Gives Mtl for toughness in the offensive zone

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Mtl Drouin for Col Jost...who adds

Mtl Drouin for Van J.T. Miller...who adds

tenor.gif

Col wants to win sooner than later. Adding Drouin to the mix and having played with MacKinnon would be plus. As for the J.T. Miller option, Mtl could add a 3rd pick. Miller Gives Mtl for toughness in the offensive zone

giphy.gif

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Compared to Drouin at an additional $2 MM cost per season? That seems a bit strong.

Drouin is over paid, but still useful complementary player.

Compher doesn't actually do anything useful on ice at all, just a warm body these days, and making a healthy chunk of change.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I doubt Drouin is in minds of many GM's right now knowing noone knows why he was away from the play (let's ignore all the rumors).

I think GM's might wait to see how (and if) the 1st half of season goes for him. He might garner interest at TDL.

Reactions: malcb33

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
At this point Montreal adds significantly for teams to take Drouin from them. I'd imagine his value Is close to nothing considering he took a LOA and hasn't played in a couple months now.

Montreal likely adds a 1st to any drouin deal at this time. 1. His cap hit 2. Does he even want to play anymore?

Drouin plus 1st to Arizona for Kessel or Dvorak lol

Seriously tho. His value has to be negative at this point. He's a cap dump really

Reactions: TML1990 and HabsQC

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
It is sad.Can't imagine any team being interested as he is an unknown.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Drouin value right now is 2 steamies and a poutine

In all seriousness, Drouin’s value is at an all time low. With the cap hit he carries too, I don’t think it’s very appealing for any teams unless you are attaching a pick to him and it’s a cap dump.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Seriously, how many f***ing threads are needed for it to sink in that the Avs don't want Drouin.
The thread starter has 10 post. The rest of us know. Seems like a thread to start some crap.

On Drouin pretty sure everyone wants see what player returns to the ice.
He did have 23 pts in 44 games even though he probably shouldn't even been playing because of his personal issues.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Mtl Drouin for Col Jost...who adds

Mtl Drouin for Van J.T. Miller...who adds
I will start by admitting I am not a Drouin fan, so my evaluation might be lower than what others think but lets look at this realistically.

Drouin vs Yost:
Drouin left the team for unknown reasons, could be a concern
Drouin is allergic to defense and physicality
2 years at $5.5 - in the previous 2 shortened seasons Drouin has played 71 games and has 9 goals, 38 points and a (-14 - 0.54 pts per game); over the same period of time Jost has 15 goals, 40 points and is a +25 in 121 games or 0.33pts per game.
Drouin doesn't pk, Jost does
Jost is younger, less expensive and has more team control years
Avs have very little cap space so $5.5 for a 0.5 ppg offense only player seems like a poor use of cap
Jost is the Avs defensive #3C, plays defensive match ups and Pks
Jost makes $2 x 2 yrs so less than half of Drouin's cap hit
Jost plays C - a more important position, Drouin plays W

Overall I don't see any reason to add 2 years at $5.5 for what Drouin has shown over the past 2 seasons

Drouin vs JT Miller
Over the past 2 seasons (Miller's time in Vancouver)
Drouin - 71games, 38 pts VS Miller - 122 games, 118 pts
Drouin - TOI: 15:57; PP TOI: 2:20; PK TOI: 0:01 VS Miller - TOI: 20:29; PP TOI: 3:42; PK TOI: 1:05
Drouin - Hits 67; Blocked Shots 12 VS Miller - Hits 213; Blocked Shots 62
Drouin Cap - 2 years @ $5.5 VS Miller Cap - 2 years @ $5.25
There isn't a single thing that Drouin has done better than Miller in the past 2 seasons.

I think it is quite obvious that Drouin and Miller are light years apart in value. The ++ in any deal would need to include the value of Miller (1st, good prospect, roster player) and compensation for the Canucks to take on the Drouin contract.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Last 2 seasons Drouin is a PPG player

For the first 10 games…

only hope Montreal has is he comes back and can do that again and we flip him then, don’t expect a lot of value more than freeing up cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad