Value of: Drouin trades

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Offer sheets are a waste of time. Look at how that worked with Aho. They just get matched. I think to dump .drouin will cost so best to include him in an ?Eichel deal.
1- We do not need to dump him, cause if he can't play he's on LTIR
2- maybe, but OS Petterson = they can't extrend Hughes to a big contract, and tbay screws them even more

Reactions: Fatass

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And drouin who has the bigger cap hit and hasn't played in a year is an asset?
He is a top 6 forward when healthy. JTC wouldn’t crack the Habs lineup. JTC is the very definition of useless. No team wants him. I am sure Sakic tried hard to dump him to no avail.

CWP

Survey said …
Feb 1, 2019
Drouin value right now is 2 steamies and a poutine

In all seriousness, Drouin’s value is at an all time low. With the cap hit he carries too, I don’t think it’s very appealing for any teams unless you are attaching a pick to him and it’s a cap dump.

It's got to be worst than that, I actually like 2 steamies and a poutine ;)

Reactions: 13to40

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Terrible for Habs. Not taking a useless capdump. Drouin when healthy is a 50 plus 2nd line forward. JTC is crap.

JTC paces just over 30 points pretty much every season, is significantly better defensively than Drouin and can be played at center if needed. Drouin is paid $2m more and left the team and scored 2(!?) goals in 44 games last season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
JTC paces just over 30 points pretty much every season, is significantly better defensively than Drouin and can be played at center if needed. Drouin is paid $2m more and left the team and scored 2(!?) goals in 44 games last season.
Good then keep JTC in the Avs.
We are happy to welcome a healthy Drouin back in the fold. His creativity and top 6 production is needed.

No one wants JTC on their team including the Avs. He is a capdump. Habs don’t need to clear cap.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Good then keep JTC in the Avs.
We are happy to welcome a healthy Drouin back in the fold. His creativity and top 6 production is needed.

No one wants JTC on their team including the Avs. He is a capdump. Habs don’t need to clear cap.

...Floaty is a cap dump...Habs need to clear HIS cap off the books and send him anywhere but back to Montreal...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...Floaty is a cap dump...Habs need to clear HIS cap off the books and send him anywhere but back to Montreal...
Habs don't need to do a thing. If they were to dump him, it would have been at the start of free agency. At this point the best option is to see how he responds when healthy or he may end up on LTIR again. His caphit is not hurting us at this point in time. Status quo is better than taking on a useless capdump like JTC.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Habs don't need to do a thing. If they were to dump him, it would have been at the start of free agency. At this point the best option is to see how he responds when healthy or he may end up on LTIR again. His caphit is not hurting us at this point in time. Status quo is better than taking on a useless capdump like JTC.

...I'm not advocating taking a bad contract back, I'd advocate trying to pump him as a Reclamation Project and throw him in for Cap purposes into a deal for a Vet C or preferably a PMD for the Top 4...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...I'm not advocating taking a bad contract back, I'd advocate trying to pump him as a Reclamation Project and throw him in for Cap purposes into a deal for a Vet C or preferably a PMD for the Top 4...

At this stage, i don't see any options like that available. Best course of action is to see if he rebounds with a healthy mindset. If he does, then you might find a potential trade that helps the team.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Do not want to trade him. Looking forward to a healthy Drouin contributing to the offense. Habs have no need to trade him. We are not cap constrained.

And yet, here we are. Once again. In a trade thread started by a Montreal fan trying to dump Drouin and suggesting he's anything but a negative value asset.

Obviously the rest of your fan base disagree with you. Which isn't a surprise really.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And yet, here we are. Once again. In a trade thread started by a Montreal fan trying to dump Drouin and suggesting he's anything but a negative value asset.

Obviously the rest of your fan base disagree with you. Which isn't a surprise really.
Who disagrees with me? My point is this is not the time to dump him, especially for a capdump like JTC. At this stage there is nothing to gain as Free Agency is pretty much over and there are no takers who would take him for free. Its all rational.

Drouin provides top-6 production when healthy. At worst, Habs will get that production if he is healthy. Can live with that. What we can't afford is a useless player like JTC. I am sure Avs feel the same way.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Who disagrees with me? My point is this is not the time to dump him, especially for a capdump like JTC. At this stage there is nothing to gain as Free Agency is pretty much over and there are no takers who would take him for free. Its all rational.

...again, so you throw him into a trade as the Cap balance and if he works out for the other team, even better...that's also rational...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...the offseason isn't just a week or so, amigo...we've another two months or so...relax...:laugh:
I am very relaxed! If i am Bergevin, i would relaxed too, not worrying about forcing a Drouin trade and taking back garbage / capdumps in return. If there is a trade out there that provides a positive return, then i am sure he would be all over it.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I will start by admitting I am not a Drouin fan, so my evaluation might be lower than what others think but lets look at this realistically.

Drouin vs Yost:
Drouin left the team for unknown reasons, could be a concern
Drouin is allergic to defense and physicality
2 years at $5.5 - in the previous 2 shortened seasons Drouin has played 71 games and has 9 goals, 38 points and a (-14); over the same period of time Jost has 15 goals, 40 points and is a +25
Drouin doesn't pk, Jost does
Jost is younger, less expensive and has more team control years
Avs have very little cap space so $5.5 for a 0.5 ppg offense only player seems like a poor use of cap
Jost is the Avs defensive #3C, plays defensive match ups and Pks
Jost makes $2 x 2 yrs so less than half of Drouin's cap hit
Jost plays C - a more important position, Drouin plays W

Overall I don't see any reason to add 2 years at $5.5 for what Drouin has shown over the past 2 seasons

Drouin vs JT Miller
Over the past 2 seasons (Miller's time in Vancouver)
Drouin - 71games, 38 pts VS Miller - 122 games, 118 pts
Drouin - TOI: 15:57; PP TOI: 2:20; PK TOI: 0:01 VS Miller - TOI: 20:29; PP TOI: 3:42; PK TOI: 1:05
Drouin - Hits 67; Blocked Shots 12 VS Miller - Hits 213; Blocked Shots 62
Drouin Cap - 2 years @ $5.5 VS Miller Cap - 2 years @ $5.25
There isn't a single thing that Drouin has done better than Miller in the past 2 seasons.

I think it is quite obvious that Drouin and Miller are light years apart in value. The ++ in any deal would need to include the value of Miller (1st, good prospect, roster player) and compensation for the Canucks to take on the Drouin contract.
Did you just compare a team that went 24-32 in a weak division with +/- with a team that finished top of his division
wat

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I will start by admitting I am not a Drouin fan, so my evaluation might be lower than what others think but lets look at this realistically.

Drouin vs Yost:
Drouin left the team for unknown reasons, could be a concern
Drouin is allergic to defense and physicality
2 years at $5.5 - in the previous 2 shortened seasons Drouin has played 71 games and has 9 goals, 38 points and a (-14); over the same period of time Jost has 15 goals, 40 points and is a +25
Drouin doesn't pk, Jost does
Jost is younger, less expensive and has more team control years
Avs have very little cap space so $5.5 for a 0.5 ppg offense only player seems like a poor use of cap
Jost is the Avs defensive #3C, plays defensive match ups and Pks
Jost makes $2 x 2 yrs so less than half of Drouin's cap hit
Jost plays C - a more important position, Drouin plays W

Overall I don't see any reason to add 2 years at $5.5 for what Drouin has shown over the past 2 seasons

I always love when someone use 1 particular stat for one player (71 games for Drouin), but doesn't include that stat for their player (121 games played for Jost).

It wasn't good for your argument I suppose?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Surely you understand how ironic this post is right?

"Compher doesn't do anything useful on the ice" DROUIN ISNT EVEN ON THE ICE PERIOD.
Compher best season is 32 pts. Drouins had more assist in 3 different seasons.

Keep Compher we don't want or have room for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad