Confirmed with Link: Drouin taking indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons - placed on LTIR (Mod warn #28, 382

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Danault after practice.

Translation:
I know what it's like to play in Montreal. It's his life. I am worried about him. He's my friend. We're both Quebecers playing for the Canadiens. But sometimes, there are things more important than hockey.

Translation:
It's easy to say we don't listen to anything. But you do end up hearing things. When things don't go right, you get knocked down a lot and it becomes difficult to lift yourself up. You end up taking some things personally.

f*** hockey and get the help you need Drou. All the best

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Hope this isn't true.

I always thought that was amongst the most shameful things Habs fans did, along with the banana throwing.

Personally, I basically draw the line with message boards. There's an unwritten assumption that players aren't supposed to read the shit we post. There's something more vicious about the personal and public nature of going all out on radio/tv/the arena/daily life.
you are right, and if people have actually sent threats to Drouin's family I will be extremely mad, what a bunch of classless people. really hope it's not true cause after that people will blame the French and Quebec people again.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
3 bullet points from me :

• I really hope Drouin gets all the help he needs. Mental health, if that's the reason, is no joke at all
  • Disclaimer : This is not an attempt at downgrading Drouin vs other players. It makes me appreciate Carey Price even more. Can you imagine dealing with this kind of pressure for the last decade+. We talk about the pressure Quebecers have (rightfully so) but Price is the equivalent of Quebecers on roids 24/7.
  • Give me a warning if needed but I won't filter my words: for those downgrading/laughing at Drouin and/or posting that hockey related things are more important than mental/physical health/family, you can go fu** yourself & you are a terrible human being.
Even Roy/Dryden/Plante didn't last that long here

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Something is up. He was actually playing good hockey the first 25 games then just fell off a cliff. Hope it’s not too serious of an issue.

I agree with you, but I also have to wonder if there is some permanent damage to his wrist. His shot is an absolute non threat since he came back from that.

Reactions: MasterD

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
We all hope he's going to get himself right. Having a difficult season playing in Montreal while under Covid lockdown must've been very difficult for him, especially considering he's in his head a lot. I thought he was going to turn a corner this year with how he was playing after the coaching change, but that faded quickly.

Montreal might be just too much for him to handle, but to all these "holier than thou" people saying that fans pushed him to the edge, c'mon man, he wasn't playing well and all the criticism was warranted. It's not like fans went to his house screaming obscenities at him, either he was looking for what people were saying about him, or maybe he just kept building in his head something that wasn't out there like that. Either way I hope he gets the help he needs but ultimately, a change of scenery is what's best imo.

One thing for sure is that the amount of internal backflips and silent celebration (because he won't be playing) in this thread is pretty funny.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hope he gets the help he needs and can resume his career, be it in Montreal or elsewhere.
Selfishly I hope he can continue his career here and play to the level he wants to. But I think his future will come down to what he wants and how he feels after the season. I can even see management moving him for his own good even if he doesn't request a trade.

Reactions: Miller Time

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A bunch of adult push this guy into depression. It's really f***ing revolting knowing well what this shit does to your mind.

he'll never be able to play for the habs again.

send his positive vibes and lets leave him the f*** alone.

If only he did something to not warrant criticism...like live up to even half his contract?

It sucks he's depressed and I hope he gets better, but it's not the fanbases fault.

Reactions: Edgy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I will stand, clap, and cheer in front of my screen when Drouin comes back. He's a Hab ffs, Go Habs Go!

Positive energy goes a long way! Attacking a guy who has 3 years left in term is not going to help us get a good return in a trade or better performance on the ice so I question the motives on the constant attack.

Some handle pressure more than others. Our fan base needs to come to grips with that and we married him for 6 years. Better to support or keep quiet vs trying to be a hero and call him out over and over again. I'm sure he's just as frustrated he is not a 60-80 pts player just like we are. Knocking someone when they are down does not help!

He is a Habs and he is who he is. Leave him be! He's not making $10.5M like Price

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Bergevin sold him as a superstar just to use him as our 1st C by default.

The expectations were set by the GM himself.

Drouin didn't help himself by holding out in Tampa.

If Drouin was acquired as the middle-six playmaking winger that he was when he was acquired, he wouldn't be as attacked as he has been.

Local players and team leaders in Montreal will always face unfair criticism. You see it with people shitting on Danault despite the fact that by any measure he's been more than full value for the Habs. Its honestly why I think Montreal should consider a no bilingual player policy. Its always easier to handle the pressure if you can't understand half of what is being said.

That, or do a full rebuild.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Dumbest comment I've read all year, you're a f***ing idiot.

Criticism of player =/= wanting him dead

That's not what he said at all...he fears he'll do harm to himself because of the depression (if that's what he has).

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Good on Drouin for recognizing something is wrong and taking a step back.
I was just saying how Andrew Shaw retiring was a smart move on him too, he's accomplished tons and if continuing to play puts his health at risk, take a step back, more important things in life.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Although I'm all for player privacy we had this situation last year with Rask, where no statement was released when it would of been really simply to clarify and it just resulted in a lot of preventable resentment and hate sent his way.

Or, and this is a crazy idea, people could refrain from the wild conjecture like what is happening in this thread?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drouin didn't help himself by holding out in Tampa.

If Drouin was acquired as the middle-six playmaking winger that he was when he was acquired, he wouldn't be as attacked as he has been.

Local players and team leaders in Montreal will always face unfair criticism. You see it with people shitting on Danault despite the fact that by any measure he's been more than full value for the Habs. Its honestly why I think Montreal should consider a no bilingual player policy. Its always easier to handle the pressure if you can't understand half of what is being said.

That, or do a full rebuild.
That's not Drouin fault if Bergevin trade for him against Sergachev.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Man....

Danault: je suis inquiet pour Jo

I am worry for Jo

Man...ouf..

It is not funny guys... there is some rumors that he did not want to come out his bedroom for days.....in Calgary

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin sold him as a superstar just to use him as our 1st C by default.

The expectations were set by the GM himself.

Come on man. Drouin was coming off a good playoffs and a solid 50+ season as a 21 year old. We acquired him thinking he was on a upward trajectory and most believe that even though he was not a perfect forward (soft type).

What's your solution? Attack the GM and say it's his fault now? Basically you are saying you were easily influenced (and others) by the GM and can't think for yourself so this justifies the level of attack and the blame game? Nonsense! :facepalm:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
f*** hockey and get the help you need Drou. All the best

Okay so this is not good at all. When a teammate says he is worried about a guy and it isnt about an injury or a some disease, then he clearly means serious mental health problem and he is laying it out there in public. Media needs to stay away from him and Drouin needs to tune everything out. And see professionals.

I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad