Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part quatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
somethinginthewater_logo.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Holland better try a massive turnover because you cannot just bring back the same guys who do jack squat.

Lets say Nuge takes a discount. We got Nuge. We have Yammo. So if we bring in 1 new guy, how much will change in the composition? I think we need 2 new faces up there and they better be solid guys.

Get rid of Kahun/Yammo/Nuge

2 of those guys shouldn't be here or play unless they contribute and deserve it (Yammo).

It's like insanity. They will keep bringing the same sh** back and expect different results.

Top 6 to me is

Drai
McDavid
Jp
x
x
x
We've still got a least a game to play and this is a game day thread. There's plenty of other ones out there to discuss next years roster. Just sayin'.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Holland better try a massive turnover because you cannot just bring back the same guys who do jack squat.

Lets say Nuge takes a discount. We got Nuge. We have Yammo. So if we bring in 1 new guy, how much will change in the composition? I think we need 2 new faces up there and they better be solid guys.

Get rid of Kahun/Yammo/Nuge

2 of those guys shouldn't be here or play unless they contribute and deserve it (Yammo).

It's like insanity. They will keep bringing the same sh** back and expect different results.

Top 6 to me is

Drai
McDavid
Jp
x
x
x

Well, I don’t think Kahun and Yamamoto should play on the 2nd line at all, maybe Yamamoto if he bounces back next season and had a stronger LW option across from him. Both Kahun and Yamamoto need to be the third best player on their line to play in the top 6.

They’re third line players ideally.

This is what at minimum needs to happen with the top 6 for next season

X - McDavid - Pulju
X - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

I’d rather Draisaitl has two new wingers. Yamamoto should be on the third line and Holloway, McLeod etc need to work their way up as well.

Go out and grab two strong LW options, easier said than done

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Your a fragile ass pos team crying for mommy everytime some shit goes down in the playoffs. Stop bullshitting your fans
What would you like him (or them) to say?

"Well, we suck, we gagged last game, so folks, don't even watch tonight, as we're just going to go through the motions. We all have our yearly paychecks now, and really, who give a shit?"

Reactions: NedPlimpton

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Koskinen should have started tonight

A 39 year old mike smith vs a vezina goaltender in his prime on a back to back. hmmmm wonder who i'll put my momey on

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm not a coach, not even close, but I'd likely say something like this to the team.

"You're a better team than you've shown. All games have been ultra close, and could easily have gone either way. We just need that extra push to get over the hump. Just win one game, and then we'll see where this goes, nothing more. Last game, we were the better team for 2 1/2 periods, so we need to add another 10 minutes to that effort. Everybody just try to win your shift. Go out there, be aggressive, play like you can, but calm the f*** down and have fun!"

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Can "we" just try to win one playoff game, or start with a period, and forget about the series?

I wouldn't mind a McDavid playoff highlight ffs

nbc_nhl_jrwithbagoverhead_190122.jpg

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I'm not a coach, not even close, but I'd likely say something like this to the team.

"You're a better team than you've shown. All games have been ultra close, and could easily have gone either way. We just need that extra push to get over the hump. Just win one game, and then we'll see where this goes, nothing more. Last game, we were the better team for 2 1/2 periods, so we need to add another 10 minutes to that effort. Everybody just try to win your shift. Go out there, be aggressive, play like you can, but calm the f*** down and have fun!"
Exactly what I am hoping they're told. But I don't see this group being mature enough for that. They looked past the Jets before the series even began because of their regular season success against them. Then they looked past the first 2 games thinking they're good enough to still come out on top. Then they looked past a 4-1 lead, with their heads already onto the next game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm pretty mad at how we treated Evan Bouchard this season.

I bet he lights it up next year and we look back at this year and go "geez, we really sat on that guy"

Watch it be on a different team after Holland trades him to keep Bear.

I like Bear but he has struggled big time and yet he gets to stay in the lineup. Bear played in 43 games and has 8 points (2-6). Bouchard played in 14 and has 5 points (2-3).

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I guess you really weren't "thinking" at all, sine this is a 7:45 start and with a typical 3 hour game, 11 o'clock puts us at sometime in OT, and getting to OT means there would have to be a lot of quality saves in there. And without Smitty's play, especially in the first two games, none of the contests are even close. So, wrong on both counts.

Lol

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
In hindsight, that's what happened, but that's not what matters. What matters is the NHL still has a very serious quality of officiating problem.

I agree, fortunately it worked out that way as it rarely does. There are very few refs I trust to call a fair game in this league.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
There is such a huge difference between the media availability between a player like Larsson and a lost soul like Bear.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Alright guys, here's how the oilers reverse sweep it. We play a fast wide open game like most of yesterday's game. Winnipeg only beats us by playing as tight as possible defensively. Crash the net, use your speed, hit their goalie with every shot possible. We will need dirty goals. No sitting back with the lead, and zero dumb penalties. I actually think the Oilers can beat the jets 4 straight. It starts tonight. Go Oilers go.

Reactions: EagerPug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1